Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299

Hi, 

I tried all the instructions yesterday, and nothing worked. However, the new firmware updated fixed my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

that's great. new firmware update fixed my problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wmchapman wrote:

Text and call notifications require pairing @evance1024

On your 6s go to settings, scroll way down to applications, touch fitbit then notifications, make sure notifications are "on". Go to bluetooth and "forget this device" (circle i for dialog) any trackers connected.  Return to the home screen and hold any app icon until they all wiggle. "x" (delete) the fitbit App.  Use the Safari browser to go to fitbit.com/setup and download the App, follow the guidance for "add a new device with an existing account."  Come back and let us know that when you got to the 4 digit code pairing the first time it was a success so we can pass this advice forward 🙂

no 4 digit code....

Best Answer

Hi @powerapple, thanks for getting back to us! Sounds pretty cool that the firmware update have fixed the issue that you were having with your Charge 2. I appreciate the update. 😉 

@SunsetRunner, could you please try to restart your Charge 2 and then try the same instructions that @wmchapman posted earlier? 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the update through my Fitbit app on my iPhone 7 plus and now don't get notifications. I've restarted the Fitbit by hooking up to charge, I've forgot the device in Bluetooth settings and paired it again, text/phone/calendar settings all say to allow notifications (and it worked perfectly prior to the update), notifications are turned on in Fitbit settings. Not really sure what else to do here?

Best Answer

I tried it to and didn't ask for the 4 digit number and i still don't get my notifications.

Best Answer

Like the others, I tried all these steps with my Charge 2 and iPhone 6 -- more than once.  I found that my Fitbit One was still paired (in addition to the C2).  When I deleted that, the notifications began working OK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! @KenJohnso@Mar9252 and @Abbyrx, I hope you are doin' great! If you already followed the correct procedure to enable the notifications between your iOS and your Charge 2, as described on this post, and the issue persists, I suggest you to take a look of the following tips: 

- If your mobile device has a text conversation open, you won't receive notifications from that conversation.
- If you miss notifications occasionally, it may be because your tracker was syncing at the same time the notification arrived.
- If you're receiving notifications but they seem delayed, the Bluetooth connection between your tracker and your mobile device may be unstable. If Bluetooth regularly fails you should notify your device manufacturer.
- If you have another Bluetooth device connected to your mobile device, it may cause interference that prevents notifications from appearing on your tracker. For more information, see The Fitbit app for iOS is interfering with my other Bluetooth devices.
- Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
- If you have Fitbit Blaze, Fitbit Charge 2, or Fitbit Surge, make sure your Notifications are turned on:

For Charge 2, from the clock screen, press and hold the button to make sure Notifications is set to On. Keep in mind notifications must be turned on to receive reminders to move throughout the day.

TROUBLESHOOTING

If notifications aren't working properly:
- Restart your tracker.
- On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Turn off Bluetooth, wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
- Reboot your mobile device.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:

Tell your mobile device to "forget" your tracker:
- On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth.
- Tap your tracker and then tap Forget Device.
- Log out of the Fitbit app.
- Reboot your mobile device.
- Restart your tracker. 

Turn on notifications for your tracker:
- Open the Fitbit app and tap Account.
- Tap your tracker.
- Find an option to turn on your notifications.

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 and can't get the notifications when I get a phone call or messages. HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

deleting another Fitbit from my iPhone fixed the problem.

Best Answer

Oh my, the more I read about the vibration alerts not working well, and now notifications and charging not working, the more anxious I get about my Charge 2 when it arrives. I may not keep it. I loved my 3 yr old Charge. So sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Debbbbee, I hope you are doin' great! Robot Happy There are some tips for Android device that I would like you to check: 

- If you miss or receive delayed notifications occasionally, it may be because the tracker was syncing at the same time the notification was received.
- If you have another Bluetooth device connected to your mobile device, it may cause interference that prevents notifications from appearing on your tracker.
- If you're receiving notifications but they seem delayed, the Bluetooth connection between your tracker and your mobile device may be unstable. To help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on.
- If you have Fitbit Charge 2, make sure your Notifications are turned on:
* For Charge 2, from the clock screen, press and hold the button to make sure Notifications is set to On. Keep in mind notifications must be turned on to receive reminders to move throughout the day.

- Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
- If your tracker displays text message or calendar event notifications, you can only receive notifications through the text messaging and calendar apps you chose during setup. You can receive text message and calendar event notifications from one text messaging app and one calendar app. For example, if you choose to receive SMS text messages from the Messenger app, you won't receive text messages sent through the Google Hangout app. 
- To improve the Bluetooth connection between your phone and tracker, turn on the Always Connected option in your tracker settings. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your tracker to drain more quickly than normal.
- If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.

Here is the troubleshooting that I would like you to follow in case that you still without receiving notifications: 
If you aren't receiving notifications, try these steps:
1. Turn off Bluetooth.
2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
3. Turn on Bluetooth.

Open the Fitbit app, which will initiate a sync with your tracker. After syncing, you should receive notifications.
1. If these steps didn't work, try restarting your tracker and then turning notifications off and back on:
2. Restart your tracker. For more information, see How do I restart my tracker?

Turn off notifications:
1. In the Fitbit app under device settings, tap Notifications.
2. Tap the three dots in the top right and choose Disable Notifications.
3. Reboot your mobile device.
4. In the Fitbit app under device settings, tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:
1. Disconnect ("unpair") your tracker in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases:
  1.Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker in the list of paired devices.

2 .Tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
3. In the Fitbit app under device settings, tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.
​4. If notifications still don't work, contact Customer Support.

@AngieRK, when you receive your Charge 2, if you have isssues to enable or receive your notifications, you canalways post in here for assistance. But I don't think that happens, since it is not a common issue. 🙂 

@KenJohnso, could you please tell me the specific issue that you are having with your Charge 2? maybe I can help you out. 😉 

Let me know how it goes guys! 

Best Answer

Notifications are not working.

Tried ALL of the suggestions here, including forgetting, re-pairing, deleting and re-installing the app, checking the pairing, reviewing and resetting notifications on both devices... no difference. Notifications were still not working.
I found an older Fitbit (my "One") was still paired. When I deleted it, everything started working ok.

Ken

Best Answer

My Charge 2 is working fine now, including notifications.  Thank you very much for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this quick tip.. As i have been having issues like others!! Have a Great New Year!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 6s and tried the recommendations and I got to the part that says add with an existing account and could never find that. Where is that located?  When I log in, it asks to pair with my phone but doesn't give me a 4 digit number. If I go in like new, I'm afraid I'll lose all my data. Thanks for any help. 

@wmchapman wrote:

Text and call notifications require pairing @evance1024

On your 6s go to settings, scroll way down to applications, touch fitbit then notifications, make sure notifications are "on". Go to bluetooth and "forget this device" (circle i for dialog) any trackers connected.  Return to the home screen and hold any app icon until they all wiggle. "x" (delete) the fitbit App.  Use the Safari browser to go to fitbit.com/setup and download the App, follow the guidance for "add a new device with an existing account."  Come back and let us know that when you got to the 4 digit code pairing the first time it was a success so we can pass this advice forward 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I got my Fit Bit charge 2 it worked great. I have been wearing it for a week and not it will not show texts or calls coming through. I followed the instructions and still nothing happening. I am disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this method among others on my first FitBit Charge 2 and I even received a replacement today and guess what??  That one won't work for text notifications either.  I've done all of the troubleshooting I've been asked to do.  Unpair/forget.  Delete app and reinstall.  Give permissions on phone and on fitbit and in app.  Remove fitbit device from phone and add as new device.  Shut off phone.  Turn phone back on.

After having issues with the second Charge 2 --- I'm starting to think that text notifications are an ongoing issue.  Because no one has been able to help me fix mine yet.  😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rthom89  Do you have another Fitbit - perhaps an older one you were using - still connected to your phone? I did and when I removed (unpaired) it, and then did the turn off/on routine, everything worked - all notifications. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did as you instructed and it still is not sendng txt or call notifications. I did not receive a 4 digit code

Best Answer
0 Votes