Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 text and call notifications not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my charge 2 and text and call notifications not coming through...I have done lots of troubleshoots that I have read about and nothing is working I have iPhone 6s
Best Answer
0 Votes
299 REPLIES 299

it is fixed. Thank you for your help.

Moderator Edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer

Just the removing Fitbit from Bluetooth  connection & re-connection worked for me. 

Thaknks 

Best Answer

I can't find where it says to 'add a new device' ... are you able to assist?

Best Answer
0 Votes
On iPhone in setting & Bluetooth menu. On Fitbit Charge 2 heading under account (or what yours is) then notification turn on.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you . The notification was turned off on the Fitbit. 

I held the button in from the clock screen & the notifications just turned on! Let's hope it works now. !! 

Best Answer

Hi, I tried every single troubleshooting step that you guys have offered on this thread and a few other threads, and the notifications still won't work on my iPhone 6.  I know it pairs properly each time via Bluetooth because everything else continues to sync properly (exercise, steps, etc).  I tried updating the app, restarting both the phone and the Fitbit Charge 2 multiple times, forgetting the Charge 2 from my Bluetooth, turning the notifications off then on again etc etc etc.  This is driving me insane.  This is my 3rd Fitbit device and they are all horrible quality.

The notifications were working properly for about the first 2 months that I had it, and some time in the past few weeks just stopped working mysteriously.  Very upset.  Please advise.

Best Answer

@CocoNYC I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Make sure that you have notifications turned "On" on your Charge 2. You can do this by holding your Charge 2's button for 2-3 seconds when its clock face is illuminated.
  2. Open your iOS settings > tap Notifications > tap Messages/Phone/Calendar > and make sure that you have "Allow Notifications" toggled on.
  3. Keep in mind that if you have an open message on your phone, you won't receive a notification on your Charge 2. Your tracker displays new texts you haven't already read.
  4. If you manage multipole Bluetooth connections on your phone, this may be preventing you from receiving notifications on your Charge 2. Click here for more information.
  5. Lastly, if the problem persists, I'd then recommend the troubleshooting steps mentioned here.

Let me know if this helps you out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

ALmost, had one additional step to below.  On phone app touch top right biz card icon to access Account. Select   +Set up a Device.  Choose FitBit2 and follow prompts. Then you will recieve the 4 digit code.

THANK YOU!! 

Best Answer
Thanks so much your help... the notifications had been turned off (by ever
helpful children) !!! All working again & great to learn that tip.
Best Answer

It worked. Thanks so much.

Best Answer

I tried all of the things mentioned to get text/call notifications set up on my Charge 2 HR.  still doesn't seem to work. I never got a code to pair.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did alot of troubleshooting and nothing worked until I did this.  Go to Bluetooth, where it says paired with charge 2, click forget it.  Reboot your phone.  It should work just check that notifications is on, check all the usual things.  Hope it works for you

Best Answer
i did all of that, paired again and now IT WORKS!!!  thank you!!!!
Best Answer

Hmm... I just tried this method, but it didn't work (I also have an iPhone 6s). I originally got notifications for calls and texts on my Charge 2. The text notifications drove me nuts, so I disabled them. I left calls intact, but I never get notifications for them anymore. I don't even get notifications to move anymore. It's frustrating. Not sure what else I can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My text & call notifications worked fine until the app updated 3/22. I have tried the factory reset, removed the charge2 & added it again, removed the app from my phone (iPhone 7 plus) & followed the steps on here to download it again, and it still isn't working. I keep getting the message on my phone to pair the phone & fit it, but nothing happens. HELP!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine isn't working either.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@waldocats4frpmwhat I read here, tapping on the notice to pair, will take you to the screen to approve the pair, notifications will not work until it's paired. 

Is Fitbit enabled in the phones notification center, and are you able to send a test message? 

Have you done a restart of the phone yet? 

Best Answer

I got mine working again this morning... I realized that Bluetooth is grayed out on my iPad mini 2 and tried to set up my Fitbit all over again with it. It didn't work because there's some issue with Bluetooth and I gave up. Then, I realized the Fitbit had actually reset itself after all, so I paired it back up with my iPhone 6s and notifications were once again working. I also tested that out by turning off text notifications. Apparently (not sure if this is a glitch with my Charge 2 or if ALL Charge 2 devices do this), if you turn off the text notification, it turns ALL the notifications off. I wanted to keep call notifications and disable those for texts (I'll be **ahem**ed if I get woken up in the middle of the night because my boyfriend sends me a text), but it won't work. It's all or nothing when it comes to notifications on this thing. 😕 Now, I'll just have to remember to turn off notifications at night.

Best Answer

I have iPhone 7+ and this is not working. My husband has an iPhone 6S and it quit working on his. I did all you said and all my badges and trophies are now gone!!! And I'm still not receiving any notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hold the button on the side of the Fitbit itself. It will turn notifications on 

Best Answer