Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Stilldreamin other things to try,  turn Bluetooth off/on

Restart phone

Remove the tracker from your phones Bluetooth settings, not from the app.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

You don't mention what phone & operating system you have, @Stilldreamin. Is it an Android phone? If so, was it recently updated to the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS?  If so, you will have to enable Location Services in order for the tracker to sync.

Best Answer
Hi,
I have an android phone, Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. I've checked my app
settings and they say that camera, contacts and location are all enabled.
Any other suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

it randomly synced yesterday morning but now won't do it again since. This is ridiculous, can someone from fitbit please give me some advice. 

Best Answer

@Stilldreamin Welcome to our Community! I was checking the compatibility list but couldn't find your phone listed so this could be part of the reason your tracker isn't syncing. Besides the app having access to your contacts, camera and location you will need to enable the location services on the phone itself (basically turn on GPS on your phone) and make sure that Bluetooth is on too. After this restart your phone and restart your tracker 3 times in a row by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After this retry syncing your tracker again.

Also have you recently updated your phone's software or made any changes? Do you have the Fitbit app up to date? Have you tried syncing your tracker with a computer or a compatible mobile device?

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Having the same problem started this morning....

Best Answer
@AlvaroFitbit just tried your solution and it doesn't work. I had the
fitbit for a month before it went wrong and had no problems with it syncing
to my phone during that time so I don't think it's a compatability issue.
Any other solutions? I'm getting very frustrated now.
Best Answer

@Stilldreamin other things to try,  turn Bluetooth off/on

Restart phone

Remove the tracker from your phones Bluetooth settings, not from the app.

Best Answer
K so I got mine to work.....had to forget my Bluetooth settings and repair
it...reset my Fitbit and it works fine....for now
Best Answer

Thank you! is already turned Bluetooth on and off but unpairing and then repairing seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help 

Best Answer

After 6 weeks of working well my Charge 2 suddenly very reluctant to syc.  I've  tried all of these things but no luck.  Even qhen it says it had synced a moment ago it was 900 steps behind my charge2 display.  This is driving me crazy. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @DaveG2! If you have tried all the recommendations posted here, maybe your tracker is unpaired at this moment and that's why is neither syncing nor showing the correct data.

Well, to make this works follow what @Thray posted here. But before starting, make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date.

Share with us the outcome! Don't lose the hope yet! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Well, I'm still struggling. I've tried:

1. Resetting Tracker

2. Stopping/Restarting Bluetooth on my Android Phone

3. Unpairing The tracker in Bluetooth Settings

4. Logging out of and back into the Android App

5. Removing the device and readding in the app

6. Force Stopping the App

7. Clearing cache and data

8. Reinstalling the App

9. Installing the app on another factory reset phone

10 Stopping then starting the phone (after a couple of muinutes)

All in various combinations.  Sometimes gets a one time sync, but it never stays synced.  I never get a live readout of hearbeat in the app.  Currently its 3 hours since synced and have just been through 1, 2, 4, 6 and 10 and after 30 minutes still no sync.  This is causing my tracker battery to drain very quickly - I need to recharge it every day.

Best Answer

So I aborted that sync.

Repeated with the addition of unpairing in bluetooth settings.  This time a sort of sync was achieved - the app shows 40 steps less than the tracker. But it took 25 minutes!! And when I reattach the tracker to the charger the display shows visible signs of discharge (5-10%?) after this short time. Still no live readout of heart rate and the connection icon over the battery icon at the top of the app is as usual grey and flashing - I beklieve it should be green and constant?

@DaveG2 wrote:

1. Resetting Tracker

8. Reinstalling the App

All in various combinations.  Sometimes gets a one time sync, but it never stays synced.  I never get a live readout of hearbeat in the app.  Currently its 3 hours since synced and have just been through 1, 2, 4, 6 and 10 and after 30 minutes still no sync.  This is causing my tracker battery to drain very quickly - I need to recharge it every day.

Best Answer

Stilldreamin,

I too have had the same issue and it started last week as well.  I wonder if there was an update that crashed it.  I spent many hours messing around and restarting everything, removing from the current phones and tablets, and even tried other phones.  Same issue everytime.  Spent an hour with tech support last night and it synced one time but it randomly syncs if your lucky enough to get it to connect during the setup.  I have punched the checklist and tried everything suggested but it just does not seem to work.  Stick with it as Fitbit is usually pretty good about customer service (especially on new equipment), for now I just have to wear my Blaze until they can solve this issue, its very frustrating especially since we have purchased 6 of the Charge 2's for Christmas.  I hope its only one bad one....

Merry Christmas!

Best Answer

So another two hours have passed and no more syncing.  This is just ridiculous.

@DaveG2 wrote:

So I aborted that sync.

Repeated with the addition of unpairing in bluetooth settings.  This time a sort of sync was achieved - the app shows 40 steps less than the tracker. But it took 25 minutes!! And when I reattach the tracker to the charger the display shows visible signs of discharge (5-10%?) after this short time. Still no live readout of heart rate and the connection icon over the battery icon at the top of the app is as usual grey and flashing - I beklieve it should be green and constant?

@DaveG2 wrote:

1. Resetting Tracker

8. Reinstalling the App

Best Answer
Bummer deal!!!!
I'm not having any more issues with syncing or keeping a charge....I
recommend calling Fitbit support and asking for a replacement....good luck
Best Answer

Haven't achieved a sync for almost 24 hours now.  I did call support.  To cut a long story short ... the gist of it seems to be that the latest app updates are aimed at improving support for the latest versions of android ... seemingly at the expense of those of us with older phones like the Samsung S3 for which Android updates are no longer available.

So I need to buy a new phone to get the best out of my fitbit?  I certainly wouldn't have bought a fitbit if I had known that!

So they are sending me a bluetooth sync dongle to hopefully allow me to sync with my laptop.  This isn't much of a solution really because I'll only get to sync once a day when I get home.... and that's if it works at all!

Best Answer

Update - unexpected result!

Well ... I am pleased to say that sending me the bluetooth dongle has helped indirectly.

With the dongle installed on my windows 10 laptop I was able to achieve a quick sync with my tracker.  Better still i could then install the latest new firmware release onto the tracker.  With that done .... It started syncing properly with my old android phone again!

This seems a bit odd because there is no mention in the firmware release notes as far as I could see of fixing sync issues.  Perhaps the tracker had got corrupted?  Maybe all it needed was a proper factory reset which is currently only possible by loading new firmware.  Come on fitbit ... I think we need a proper factory reset procedure for the Charge2!!!!  If it goes awry again ... Will i have to wait for the next new firmware release?  And what happens when the time comes when there are no new firmware releases for the Charge2???

Best Answer

I have tried all these steps several times and nothing has worked.  I tried doing what is listed in the other post (suggested by MarreFitbit to check out the post from @Thray) but after I deleted my fitbit from my phone, it now can't find it - I have it plugged in and pressed the button to follow the instructions on the phone but I can't get the 'start' screen on the fitbit.  Pretty frustrating - my fitbit hasn't synced since Jan 5. Now neither my computer nor my phone recognize it.  It charges, it counts my steps,etc, it just won't sync. I hope someone can give me something else to try because I am out of patience and just about out of hope

Best Answer