Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

Did you ever figure out or find a solution for you and wife's syncing issue's??? Bc I am in the exact same boat as you all! The last 50X's re-syncing wasn't that much of a problem...  This time it is!!!!!! I hope that if you found a solution, that you will share it with me! You know.. instead of returning your Fitbit devices!  😉 

Thank you!

~Heather

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. 1. Turn off iPhone. No. 2. Turn off Bluetooth. It worked for me. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone John
Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn off the iPhone power. Turn off the Bluetooth. It worked for me. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up trying to get it to sync on the computer.  It just doesn't seem to work.  Luckily I can get it to sync to my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have taken my Fitbit back twice and had to get a new one because it was
defective.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw a lot of responses on the thread that these troubleshooting tools didn’t work for them, and I’m one of them. What ended up working for me was resetting my Fitbit device.

You can look up instructions on how to do this, but for my Charge 2, you plug the device in to the charger and hold down the power button until you get a notification. That means it restarted (just so you know, it won’t turn off and back on again). Then unplug it. Restarted my app and it synced!

Best Answer

My Gosh!!!! It's like magic steps in a certain order!!! 

Thank you!!!! That finally worked! I kept restarting the Charge 2 and it still was having problems!!! I've finally hit the right combo of functions regarding... the Bluetooth, the Fitbit app, the Fitbit itself and now it's syncing again! Thank  you for your help! 

Thank all of you for your advice and help! It has certainly been... 

an interesting time, having to constantly restart something or other every few weeks so that everything may function properly!  🙂 

Thanks again!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Jayylayy 

Thankyou!!!!!!!!! SO MUCH!!!!

I believe that was the magic combo this time around!!!! Lol!  ;*)

It gets a little frustrating bc what worked last time this problem came up, didn't work this time around! 

Thanks again!!!!!  : )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the steps but unfortunately it still isn't working for me.  Have tried all weekend to get it to sync and it just isn't happening.  Never had this problem with my Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, restarting the Fitbit itself did it. I don’t know if it has to be done the way I did it, but I charged my Fitbit, and while it was charging I held down the button for something like 5 or 6 seconds, until it altered me that it was restarting. Then the Bluetooth finally reconnected with my phone. Hopefully this helps someone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue wrote:

@Stilldreamin other things to try,  turn Bluetooth off/on

Restart phone

Remove the tracker from your phones Bluetooth settings, not from the app.

I have tried all these things, I unpaired my charge 2 from my device settings (Android glaxaxy 7) and from the Fitbit app settings. For the app my Fitbit will receive the code but the app will continually try to connect but can't

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your Fitbit won't sync to your Android phone, just go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the Fitbit and then re-pair it.  That is the only thing that worked for me.  It takes a few minutes to re-sync, but that did the trick. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with my charge 2. It won't sync with my phone or tablet. Not will the app update on either unit. Someone said remove the device from blue tooth, now I can't get it back... My charge 2 is only a few months old. I can see what I do only for the day and nothing else... Fitbit please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey there!
That is strange that your Bluetooth won't pick up your Charge 2 again! I
believe that may have happened to me once upon a time.. probably when I had
first gotten mine! I believe I had ended up contacting the company (Fitbit)
and they had helped me work through my problem back then. Unfortunately
this seems to be a re-occuring theme with the Charge 2 and you would have
thought that Fitbit could have fixed it by now!
If you can't get yours up and running again, I suggest to contact Fitbit
directly. You may have to repeat certain steps a multitude of times (which
is extremely frustrating!) but eventually you should be able to get
everything back on Track!
I wish you good luck!
Goodness knows we all need it when dealing with the Fitbit Charge 2! Lol!
And once your Bluetooth picks up your Fitbit again, I'll say an extra
prayer for it to sync up without any further issue's!!!
Good luck and God speed!

Mrs. Heather A. Smith Cantu
AngelFire.HC@Gmail.com
(504)513-1192
Best Answer
0 Votes

After the last up date my charge 2 won't sync.

Best Answer

My Charge 2 won't sync either.

Synching has been a bit patchy for several months now (as in it usually took several attempts including switching my phone off and on, closing and re-opening the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, unpairing then repairing the Charge 2 to my phone's bluetooth), but it hasn't synched at all for over two weeks now. I know it's not my phone, because my other blue tooth devices still work absolutely fine.

I've only had the Charge 2 since the 3rd of March 2017 and my phone is a Samsung galaxy s7.

Is this related to recent updates to the app? 

Best Answer
It could be related to the latest app update. I haven't done the update for my Samsung 6 for that exact fear. I figure, if it's working, "Why mess with it!" Good luck to you on this!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hi, had my charge 2 just over a week, worked fine until the day after the latest iOS app update, day after it would not sync with my phone, removed it from iPhone bluetooth menu and app, re started iPhone, and re sync'd ok, after a while, fine day after, now will not sync at all, tried re starting charge 2 and iPhone twice each, still refusing to be detected in iPhone bluetooth menu, and one any ideas please ?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi again, just sorted my problem, to sum up, I've deleted my charge 2 from the app and the iPhone bluetooth menu, uninstalled the fitbit iOS app, restarted my iPhone 6 plus, reinstalled the app, signed back into my fitbit account on the app, then re sync'd my charge 2, and it worked this time, after a lot of wasted time over the last few days, i also recommend a iPhone cleaner like Dr Cleaner as well, although i didn't use it in this case, but, the bottom line is, this shouldn't have happened at all at any time, especially after a app update, which is designed to improve things, not make them worse !

I've informed fitbit support, which have to be fair have replied promptly on twitter, and advised well, that if this happens again, the charge 2 will be returned for a full refund with out anymore help sought, hope this helps guys. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has done the same as yours stilldreamin. Has been working fine up till about a week ago

Best Answer
0 Votes