Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

can somebody please help me with getting my fitbit charge 2 to sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

a couple of questions for you @vmaryc

What type of device do you sync through? 

Has yoiryCjarge 2 been setup to a fitbitFaccount yet and does not show the setup message? 

Best Answer
I had this same problem. I finally just deleted the Charge 2 device off my dash board and started the setup all over, it fixed the problem but I certainly understand your frustration, for the price we paid for the Charge2 it should work better or at least we should be able to communicate better with Fitbit when we run into a problem. Good luck!
Best Answer
Thanks, I finally got it to sync by deleting it from my dashboard. I sync it on both my phone and my PC. I deleted it from both and then used the "setup" link to start over
Best Answer
0 Votes

No need to delete it from the dashboard .Do an add tracker than choose the replace option. 

This way if the setup fails the tracker is still connected to your account. Do a search. you will find many posts of. "I deleted my tracker and now I can't get it setup" 

Consider yourself lucky that you where able to set it up. 

Best Answer
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Where can i find these instructions that werr posted by stilldreamin? Sounds like it might be exactly what i need to fix my sync priblem with my charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Put your watch in the charger. While charging, hold the side button down until the screen goes black and then it will light back up. That’s how you reset it. Then you can take it off the charger. Heidi (-:

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

@dsmyth57 The easiest why is to first tag @Stilldreamin or go to their post above and tap on their name. This will take you to a page with a list of their posts. It should then be easy to find. 

Best Answer
Thank you for that. Will do.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey folks! How are you today? 

If you have syncing issues with your Charge 2, I would like to recommend you the following: 

- Make sure that you have a compatible device 

- Restart your Charge 2

- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your iOS and Android devices

- Reboot the Bluetooth on your phones 

- Reboot your phones

- Log out/log in to your Fitbit account

- On the Bluetooth settings, tap on "forget device" and then pair it again 

- Try to use a computer that meets the requirements to sync your Charge 2. To get assistance with this part, take a look at this help article: why won't my Fitbit device sync. 

Let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Compatible device? Try expanding and updating the list. Also try Printing
this list on the box and not hiding it away on the website.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich..If I do an "add tracker" then use the "reset" option will this wipe out all the information currently stored? I haven't had a problem with my Charge 2 in over a year...but today, it refuses to fully sync...

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's a good question, that I honestly don't have an answer for you.
Anyone else out there reading these posts know? I would hate to see
someone lose all records of their hard work!
Best Answer
0 Votes

The tracker will send it's data dieting a sync, this is the only way to remove data from the tracker. 

There isn't a reset procedure it is simply a restart and doesn't reset any data.

Best Answer
Good to know, Thank you!
Best Answer

My fit bit Charge 2 won’t sync with iPhones. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How many iPhone's have you tried to sync with @Feandfo16? Are you making sure that only the one is turned on if the rest are nearby? 

Best Answer
I had it on 2 phones and an iPad since Christmas. It worked fine until Saturday. I removed the APP from all devices and reinstalled it on my main iPhone. Now my Bluetooth can’t find it. Even if it did I don’t know if it would
Sync.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have followed all the instructions and it finds the tracker. I put the dispayed number and is spins for 5 minutes and fails.

I want my money back. HR 2 it bloody useless!

Moderator edit: Removed caps 

Best Answer