Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

I am having the same issue.  hasnt synced since Tuesday morning.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@zanybees I'd recommend that you try the following steps:

1. Verify that you have All-Day Sync and Always Connected turned on in the Fitbit Android App. What this does is allow your Charge 2 to sync in the background and improves your Bluetooth connection between your mobile device and Charge 2.

2. Restart your Charge 2.

3. Reboot your mobile device.

4. Open the Fitbit App to initiate a sync.

Hope this helps and welcome to the Community!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

hi i have an iphone and have tried all of above. Even went on my laptop and used the dongle . still no joy Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I have an Iphone6 which recently had an update. This worked perfect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my fitbit on Sunday and it's already giving me issues with syncing. Very frustrated right now!

Best Answer

How do I enable location services in my android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Leesee swipe down on the notifacation panal, now tap on 5he icon that says location. Or tap settings - connections - location and turn it on.

Best Answer

THANKS

Best Answer

Thanks for finding my location enabler. Too bad that didn't work either.
I still can't sync since I did the android upgrade last friday.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Leesee, have you looked at @DerrickS's advice above https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-won-t-sync/m-p/1792323/highlight/true#M24642

A couple other things to try is to shutdown the phone,  do the restart process of the tracker 3 times, and/ or remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth settings screen. 

Best Answer

I tried everything posted to fix the sync issue and nothing corrected the problem.   I uminstalled the fitbit app and then reinstalled it and it fixed the problem immediately

Thanks group for all your help. Leesee

Best Answer

I'm having the same issues with the Charge2.  The only way I can get it to sync is to plug it into the charger and reset.  My device is an Iphone 7 and I've just started experiencing this problem in the last couple of weeks.  This is not optimal and I would like to see my progress throughout the day without having to plug it into the mothership.

Best Answer

I have also been experiencing lack of sync between W10 mobile and a Charge 2 tried absolutely everything, more than once.

However, I have just linked it to a separate/different laptop that has Bluetooth and, to my amazement, it synched and the missing data that I had accumulated over the last few days. I then powered up my W10 phone and that then decided to finally sync!

I have no idea what is going on and it doesn’t inspire confidence. At least my device is working with its very limited Windows functionality as a very expensive pedometer again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having a similar problem.  My Charge 2 syncs fine with my mobile devices, but it won't sync with my Win 10 desktop app (in spite of restarting the PC, restarting the Charge 2, disabling/enabling bluetooth, and every other troubleshooting step).  After spending a couple of hours with a Fitbit rep a couple of days ago I was informed that there is an "issue" on their end wherein Win10 PCs are not syncing properly with Charge 2.  And engineering is "working on it"  but with no ETA for fix.  As of yesterday there was no change in the status of this "issue" -- they could not provide an ETA for a fix.

Best Answer

@GSchmidt if the tracker syncs fine with the phone and not the computer. Make sure the phone is at least 30 plus feet away from the computer, or turn the phones bluetooth off. The tracker should be bonded to the phone, and this bonding will keep the computer from being able to see the tracker. This is a built in limitation of the bluetooth proticol.

My thinking is that a sync only happens when the trackers data goes from the tracker to the fitbit server. It doesnt matter how tye data gets there.  The phone can do the syncing, the computer can see it. Syncimg through two devices, phone and computer, will only shorten the battery time between charges of the tracker. I disabled syncing on my computer since it was more hassle then convenience. The phone syncs fine, the computer then has no trouble displaying my data.

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried what you suggested and my charge 2 still won't sync

Best Answer

Wouldn't it be easier to take a few unsync'd steps to the trash can?  Who has this kind of time or wants to waste this much time trying to get a product to work?  Shouldn't the **ahem** thing just sync!!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problems, only with my laptop. I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app. I've disconnected and connected the fitbit to the blue tooth. I've turned the blue tooth on and off. I've restarted my laptop and it still won't sync. It tells me that it's connected, but won't sync. It's paired by won't sync.It says to check to make sure device is not linked with another device, which it isn't. Please help. This is frustrating.

Best Answer

Confirmed not syncing with Fitbit app on my Win 10 laptop . It syncs fine though with Fitbit app on my Nexus 5X, and will then in a roundabout fashion update the computer app. So we wait for an update.

Best Answer