Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471
Thanx. Won't sync with my windows 10 pc. Did for awhile, then stopped 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
Got me stumped. I'm technologically challenged. Sorry.
Leesee
Best Answer

Not sure what I did, if anything, but my Charge 2 is syncing with my Win 10 laptop today. Maybe not consistently yet, but I am watching it. Coming up to the end of the first 24 hours wearing my Fitbit so this is all still pretty new to me. First experience with a fitness tracker too. I'll try to figure out what I did differently. First thoughts are I have the app on my phone and my laptop, so maybe both devices shouldn't "compete" for a download. I don't know what the transmit distance is for low power Bluetooth. Much less than 30 feet? I'm working on it.

Best Answer

My fitbit was syncing fine with my laptop until last Sunday. Since then, I can only get it to sync every other day and it takes several tries of opening and closing app & checking bluetooth. It keeps telling me to check that fitbit isn't already linked to another device, which it isn't. I've removed device from bluetooth, uninstalled app, reinstalled app, paired device and it still won't sync.I'm getting very frustrated with it. Please help.

Best Answer

Well, I am by no means an informed expert on Fitbit communications. This is Day 2 of my Fitbit ownership, and I am still getting things figured out myself. I would try relocating to another area, maybe at work or a friends house, to try syncing. It could be that there are other apps or Fitbits or Bluetooth devices interfering with yours. Or some other kind of radio frequency interference. If you can get it to work somewhere else, then that eliminates other problems like a problem with your Fitbit or Bluetooth pairing issues with your laptop. I would also recommend the standard reset function where you connect your charging cable to your Fitbit, plug it into an available USB port, and then press and hold the side button for what they say is 4 seconds but seems more like 5 seconds and do a device reboot. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
All of a sudden it started syncing again. Go figure 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

Yeah, that's what mine does too. Maybe it's sunspots, heh.

Best Answer

I had all the sane problems and tried everything. I had upgraded from a galaxy 7 to and 8+ and my plus wouldn't sync. It did everything but sync!  I realized my s7 was still powered up,  even tho it didn't have service,  it was connected to the Wi-Fi in my house and the Bluetooth was still turned on.  As soon as I turned those features off, it popped up on my 8+ and synced.  So just be aware if you have other Bluetooth devices that they could be interfering with your fitbit's ability to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had all the same problems and tried everything. I had upgraded from a galaxy 7 to and 8+ and my plus wouldn't sync. It did everything but sync!  I realized my s7 was still powered up,  even tho it didn't have service,  it was connected to the Wi-Fi in my house and the Bluetooth was still turned on.  As soon as I turned those features off, it popped up on my 8+ and synced.  So just be aware if you have other Bluetooth devices that they could be interfering with your fitbit's ability to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked that when I first started having the problem. I still continue to have this problem. The only way I have been able to sync is to turn off my blue tooth, remove device, then turn the blue tooth back on a pair my device again.

Best Answer

THANK YOU! Totally worked first time🙂

Best Answer

Thank you. It was location for me. Turned location off and back on again, problem solved. Charge HR, Samsung S7 edge. Upgrade.. you've made my day 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still having issues with syncing.

Best Answer

Thank You all for your help. It work I tried everything!!!! 

Don't give up!!! The reset of my Fitbit did it Thank You! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have noticed that the most disruptive situation is when you are attempting to sync to a laptop (Bluetooth enabled and Fitbit device paired) and you have a smartphone nearby that also has the Fitbit app loaded on it. Apps on your phone are "always on". If there is another potential receiver of information from your Fitbit nearby, neither device will be able to sync.

Best Answer

I don't have a smartphone. I'm only trying to sync with my laptop

Best Answer
0 Votes

snd what type of operating sytem is on the laptop? Are you using the fitbit connect or the winv10 app? Have you restarted the laptop yet?

Best Answer

@PamC521 wrote:

I don't have a smartphone. I'm only trying to sync with my laptop

Of course you have the Fitbit app installed. Bluetooth on your laptop? Fitbit properly paired?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was never able to sync fitbit with my windows 10 laptop with its built in Bluetooth, so fitbit support sent me one of their Bluetooth dongles, which sorted my problem immediately. Apparently this is quite a common problem. Try talking to them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Windows 10, app is installed on laptop, bluetooth on laptop, too. I usually have to go to settings, remove my fitbit from bluetooth devices, turn blue tooth off and wait a little while. Then I turn blue tooth back on and pair my fitbit again then open the app and it usually works. I have to do this every day I turn the laptop on and open the app. It does not sync automatically, although I have all day sync selected on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes