Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

I have the same problem. My Charge 2 doesn't sync with my Win 10 laptop. I was told to to unpair and remove my Android phone which I did. I've removed the Charge 2 and added it back to my Fitbit account and it synced that day but a day later it says it wasn't synced for three days. Then the laptop says it is connected to the Charge 2. One work around was to click on Track and Exercise, click on walk (the app lets you know the computer is really heavy are you sure you want to exercise with it?), start, let it run for a while and then stop. Connecting to the laptop GPS some times would force a sync but not always.  This problem has been going on now for at least a month and I have wasted hours playing around with it. I bought the Charge 2 so I could track my workouts and monitor my sleep not spend frustrating hours a day trying to debug a product that clearly has problems. I am very disappointed with this product and would recommend it to my friends .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner if your trying to sync through the computer, make sure that the phone is turned off or at least 30 feet away. This is because the tracker gets bonded to the phone and a Bluetooth device is only able to comunicate with one thing at a time.

As for unpair this simply means to go into your phones Bluetooth settings screen and remove the tracker from there.  You do not remove it from the app.

Best Answer

yes to both, but i have to unpair and turn off bluetooth, then turn bluetooth back on pair again, then open the app and it usually works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! It worked.

Best Answer

I should have checked a little further before saying it worked. My Charge 2 did sync my calories, steps, and pulse to my laptop.

For some reason it did not sync my last nights sleep log. Any thoughts on that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would sync again in a little while, depending on the server load sometimes sleep doesn't get calculated right away. Take a note, tge tracker records your movements and heart rate, the server is where the actuall sleep is detected and processed.

Best Answer

Yes, this is a solution...I do it several times a day. It works and then it doesn't. Can't this be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works for a few hours on my ipad

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you this worked perfectly

Best Answer

did exactly what stilldreamin said and it worked!!! Thanks for the advice. bluetooth and location services

were all on so I tried steps 1-5 and now everything synced perfectly. Had to charge fitbit right after doing the steps because it seemed to drain the battery., but at least it works now!! thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @DaveG2! I had the same problem, tried most of the steps separately, but did 1,2,3,4 & 10 together, and it finally worked! (for now at least.. :p)

Best Answer
0 Votes

For the last few weeks I have had major issues with syncing with the app. 

I have an LG G4, running Marshmallow. All-day sync is on, always connected is on. App is updated. Bluetooth and GPS always running. Basically it will not sync at all unless I restart my phone. Restarting the app doesn't work. Turning bluetooth and GPS off and then on does not work. It is super annoying. Please don't tell me I am going to have to restart my phone every time I want to sync. 

Also it isn't notifying me of text messages although I have it set up to do so and have notifications turned on. 

Best Answer

I just want my phone and Charge 2 to sync.  How?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@1945, could you provide a little more information as to what is happening?  What phone & app version are you using? Was the tracker syncing, and then it stopped? What indication are you getting when you attempt to sync the tracker?

Best Answer

Using the windows 10 app on my laptop. It will start syncing, then stop and let me know when it synced last. I look at my settings on my laptop and the fitbit is not showing as connected with bluetooth. So I remove device from laptop and pair again. Then try the app again to see if it syncs. Sometimes it only takes one try. Others it takes multiple tries and then I wind up turning my bluetooth off and back on again and trying the app again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Space_Racer. Thanks for your help. Just as a follow-up, I've been syncing through my Galaxy s7 Android phone daily without any issues. If I disconnect the Bluetooth and power down the phone and move it 30 feet away from my laptop I can sync to my laptop. Once the sync has been 'connected' I can walk out of the room and walk back to the laptop and it automatically syncs to show the latest data. Pretty cool!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on iPhone 6 . My charge 2 worked by syncing all gay anytime. Took it off to recharge 4 days ago and has not synced since. Turned phone on and off . Turned blue tooth off and on. No improvement. Am in same location as always. Itching has changed what is going to make it work?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem & also have iPhone 6 which is up-to-date.

- Will sync steps but problems with other information

- Late syncing sleep which was explained that there is a lag time with the server

- Lately trouble syncing active minutes

- Never fully syncs - arrows just spin & spin 

Have reset Charge 2

Restarted iphone

Bluetooth off - then on re-pairing Charge 2

I do not have it set to sync all day because I am afraid it would deplete my battery.  All of this has been  happening within the last 4 or 5 days.  Used to happen sporadically before.  Now it is constant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just restarted my phone AGAIN....and it synced.  However, something is not right.  Could this be an issue with Fitbit's server(s)?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm still waiting for any suggestions or a solution. Please help! This is very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes