Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

I can understand your frustration. Difficult to diagnose from a distance. Can you assure me that there are no other operating devices within 50 feet (nominal 33 feet) of your laptop that have the Fitbit app installed on them? If that is true, then it must be something wrong with the laptop. Does it have embedded Bluetooth or do you use a USB dongle for Bluetooth connectivity? There are many more questions but we'll keep this simple for the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

now my fit bit syncs with my cell phone (iphone 6) but it thinks it is talking to the Fitbit Charge HR.

I deleted by watch from list in app, I deleted the app from my phone, I turned off bluetooth, I turned off my iphone. When I brought it back up, I went and got a new copy of the fitbit app from app store. nothing happened, no syncing. when I woke up this morning, my app on iphone reported that the watch was full charged but when I look to see under settings "bluetooth" there it lists the Charge HR.

Problem: Charge HR doesn't have the exercise details and the sleep details of the Fitbit Charge 2. 

annoying. I am calling FITBIT this  morning. thanks for response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally called FITBIT help line. my watch mysteriously synched this
morning, but not to my watch, to another model. Started it up a the first
time I sunchned it with the tech help and I am back oin business. the
launched a new product last week, Alta 2, with new software and we all got
wacked.

--
"I had a choice...be angry at what I don't have or be thankful for what I
do have." Nick Vujicic
Best Answer

Mine stopped syncing with my windows 10 laptop yesterday. Is it because I am in a house full of people with fitbits and laptops?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I moved my location so that there are no other trackers, laptops, phones, or computers nearby. Doesn't make a difference. Restart laptop, charged fitbit, re-paired Bluetooth, Maybe I need to go back to using a dongle. At least then there was a way to tell it to sync. Or IS there a way to tell the Bluetooth to sync? Very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called fitbit and that got me syncing again. I signed out of my app, deleted it, brought it back up and re-installed my Charge2. Suddenly it synced. They updated all software last week for new product Alta and it affected lots of us.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! Mine seems to be syncing now too.

I still wonder, though, if there is a way to tell the Bluetooth version to sync, the way it always was with a dongle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only have my fitbit app on my laptop and I do not have a doggle to sync with. I use the bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes

EDIT: Sorry, multi-respondent thread. This is for PamC521. I have just re-read all your posts up to and including this last one. Bluetooth communications are certainly not supposed to be this difficult. The simple procedure of pairing your device with your computer should then allow it to communicate every time it is in range (less than 20 feet) and automatically (every 15 minutes if your Fitbit app is running). This does not appear to be the case, and I understand your frustration. You may have to approach this from the computer side, checking with tech support for your particular laptop. There are various versions of Bluetooth support on suitably equipped laptops since the technology was introduced. According to the Fitbit Charge 2 User Manual the low-power Bluetooth transceiver in your Charge 2 uses Bluetooth version 4.0. To my knowledge, Bluetooth versions are backward compatible but successful results in mis-matched versions are variable. I have a little experience getting Bluetooth devices to pair successfully on an older laptop. This involved a Logitech Bluetooth mouse. It would do the same sorts of things you describe. I was able to improve the reliability of Bluetooth communications by upgrading my Bluetooth drivers. An update may be available for your laptop from the manufacturer's tech support page. Additionally, Bluetooth driver updates are now included in periodic Windows updates. Sorry I wasn't able to find the exact cause.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry wrote:

You don't mention what phone & operating system you have, @Stilldreamin. Is it an Android phone? If so, was it recently updated to the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS?  If so, you will have to enable Location Services in order for the tracker to sync.

Hi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Windows 10 on my laptop

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get a bluetooth doggle? I spent enough on the tracker and am not willing to pay for the doggle, too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PamC521 wrote:

How did you get a bluetooth doggle? I spent enough on the tracker and am not willing to pay for the doggle, too!

I think they call it a dongle. But you already have Bluetooth built-in. Thought of somewhere else to check. There is a Fitbit thread for Windows 10 and there is a discussion on problems syncing. There are 77 responses.  Check here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Larry, 

I'm using a Samsung 6, and my fit bit app,and my wrist tracker have been synced up fine for the last 2 wks. Last night at 10:32 pm was the last time they synced up. Tracker is recording fine. No data for the app all day. It tries, but just says "Can't locate tracker" Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit charge 2 will not sync after. I have tried few things, and it worked, thank you. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I turned off my phone, waited a little while...then turned the phone back
on and it synced up fine. Haven't had the problem since. I've made a mental
note to always try that first.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good Morning, My Fitbit 2 just will not sych I have tried every thing I know.

Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
I've had pretty good success with turning my phone off....wait a few
minutes, and then turn it back on again. It's worked for me both times I've
tried that. Good luck!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello helpful person
I have tried that and many other things then suddenly all sync.
Thanks
Kipper
Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it's working again. I think it's just inconsistency on the connection.
Usually doesn't last long...took me a whole day though till I finally tried
the phone turn-off action. It's amazing how quickly we grow to rely so
heavily on reading our numbers!
Best Answer
0 Votes