Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

Mine is working now Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to know-glad to help!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem of not syncing, tried your fix, and it worked. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. When I removed it from bluetooth it wont see it anymore... any suggestions? I have iPhone6 iOS system. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I've tried removing the app and the installing again but without success. I can't even complete the installation because of some location permission that I apparently have to allow but we I can't because it says I have an screen overlay detected that I can't seem to disable. So frustrating. I may just buy another tracker as I've tried for days to fix this, but to no avail. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ooh, no...so sorry! I'm not familiar with the IPhone platform. All I know
is, on my issues with my Samsung galaxy 6,I was able to correct it by just
turning off the mobile phone, waiting a few minutes and turning it back on.
Also, fitbit sent me an upgrade to download that seems to have taken away
any issues I had. You might want to inquire about an upgrade to the IPhone
from fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Turn OFF wifi

KEEP Bluetooth on

SYNC

Sometimes I have to pull the screen down to start the sync. Watch for the blue line to enter from the left, indicating sync has started. 

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Keep the Bluetooth on, deactivate your wifi. If you deactivate the Bluetooth then the devices can't communicate. Once that is done, sync. 

Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it worked!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last update the app is crashing and now Bluetooth cannot find my tracker. I have done everything for the last two weeks to fix it. Why would the app keep closing after 5 seconds? I have cleared out all unused apps and ram.

I hope someone can help!!!

Thankyou

Heather

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you.... it helped to reset it on the charger,   thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

In all seriousness... if your tracker is still under warrantee return it NOW.  Mine started doing that and I spent an hour working with the Fitbit tech to get it to work.  Was able to get it to connect and then a few weeks later it did it again and after spending another 1+hrs on a chat with a rep (well 2 actually since the first one just diconnected from me when he got annoyed that it still did not work and I insisted that it should) I was told ... well gee sorry, your 3rd fitbit has also crapped out, it is a few months older than 1year so your warrantee is over and you should buy another one.. we will send you a 20% discount coupon if you want.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is really rubbish! I cannot believe they would not accept it under warranty even though it was a few months out. I was silly and purchased mine through Ebay but it was brand new in the box. Seeing they are on sale here, I will just purchase another one. But I wonder if I should just get the Garmin?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem and following these steps for me worked straight away! Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome. Glad to hear it helped.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Went to geek squad at best buy and my fit bit would not sync to my phone or tablet because it was defective.   Under warranty received a new one.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nice! At least they're making good on your purchase!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes very happy! Sometimes its worth the extra for tech support and warrantys 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying to pair my Charge 2 with my iPhone 6S for a few weeks without success. A couple of times it seemed to work then stopped. This is very frustrating and disappointing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried turning off Bluetooth. And then turn it back on? Might give
you a restart. Try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes