Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the last week my charge 2has refused to sync. The app is set to always connected and all day sync. I have reset the tracker several times in the charger. I have turned my phone on and off, turned the Bluetooth on and off, logged out and back into the app, force stopped the app and reopened. Nothing has worked. I get no error message so I'm assuming it can "see" the tracker. 

What else can I do?

Best Answer
471 REPLIES 471

It is very frustrating! I tried all the troubleshooting options with no luck. I contacted Fitbit support two weeks ago and they are aware of the issues and are working on them. So I have left it for now 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Already done, thank you. It works!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is my phone not syncing with the charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are using an iPhone and have an iPad turn the iPad off.

I found that the when I am trying to pair the Fitbit band, regardless which one, with the app on the iPhone the Bluetooth signal from the iPad will interfere with the Bluetooth signal from the iPhone. Once the iPad is turned off the problem of paring/syncing with the iPhone will disappear.

Best Answer

Just upgraded my iPhone to iOS 11 and the Charge 2 won't notify when messages and calls come to the phone. Notifications is on. I have tried the restart procedure with no success. App is current. Suggestions to get the Fitbit to receive notifications? Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the IPhone applications. Is there anyone
else out there reading these posts that can help her out? Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently received a Charge 2 to replace my old HR.  Setup went great and everything synched.   Unfortunately it hasn't  done a sync since then even though I have tried all the steps listed.  I have Samsung 7 and Windows 10 on Surface Tablet.  Can't get a sync on either device.  Help please.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously? This is the "fix"? And how often do I need to do this? Not good. Not at all!

Best Answer
0 Votes

NEW problem: just tried re-pairing with my phone, and the phone is unable to communicate with the Charge 2.  What fresh hell is this???

My wife and I are really sick of our Charge 2 fitbits, and how they randomly disconnect and lose sync.  We have different phones, both Android, and with both the sync connection works MOST of the time.  But for some reason, at random times the connection drops and the sync stops.  Presently, it is mine that has stopped. 

I have tried:

- unpairing the Charge 2 from my phone and re-pairing it

- uninstalling the Fitbit app on my phone and reinstalling it

- restarting my phone

- stopping and starting bluetooth

- restarting my Charge 2

- updating my Charge 2

NOTHING works this time.

If this happened once a year, it would not be so bad, but it happens at random intervals every few weeks to BOTH our phones.  I'm about ready to sell these things on Ebay and get a Forerunner. Not happy at all.

By the way: this is our second set of Fitbit trackers.  We had Charge HR trackers, and they had lots of issues, so Fitbit was kind enough to allow us to return them for full refunds.

Best Answer
I would make sure you don’t have any pending updates to the software.. Even fresh out-of-the-box items need updates if they’ve been on the shelf awhile. Since my last update, my AltaHR is fine. Still, try to sync with the Bluetooth ON and WiFi OFF. And be patient-there could be lots of data. Watch for the blue line to come from the upper left of the screen. Another trick-drag your screen down, see the message that says release to sync, release and watch for the blue sync line.
Hope this helps!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Look, I’m just a regular consumer like you. Return it, sell it on EBay. What worked for me might work for someone else. Fitbit doesn’t pay me to post this stuff. Complain to them, not me.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Chatting with support now.  We fixed the issue with my phone and tracker, but the idea that any other bluetooth device synced to my phone could cause me to have to jump through so many hoops to reestablish connectivity... on random occasions... is very disturbing.  And my wife doesn't use any other bluetooth devices with her phone, yet her problem crops up more often than my own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone and my Fitbit charge 2 wasn't syncing. I just shut my phone off and restarted it and that worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Revjeff, im not sure if the "Fix" yoir referring to is the turn off the Bluetooth of one device, or move it at least 30 feet away, to sync through another device. This is not a fix but a workaround to tue limitation of Bluetooth, not Fi5bit. Have you ever tried to play two phones thro7gh one Bluetooth speaker at the same time?

Normally i would say f9r a sync issue

Restart tracker

Restart phone

Remove tracker from phones bluetooth

Clear apps cache, android

Set tracker up as a replacement, i only remember doing this once.

Best Answer

I have removed my fitbit charge 2 from the Bluetooth settings, and it cannot find my fitbit charge 2 on the Bluetooth settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an iPhone?  If so, shut down/turn off your phone and then turn it back on and wait a few minutes. This is what worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried that a couple times, but will try once more!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the directions given as the solution,  as I am having the same issue with my Fitbit charge 2 and now my phone is not finding any Bluetooth signal from my Fitbit. Is there a trick to this I am missing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emtgunter and @JennyB01 are you using the Fitbit app to sync the tracker? 

Just like ehen you first setup your tracker. It was setup through the app, not thd phones bluetooth. 

Once removed from thr phones bluetooth, open the Fitbit app, it most likrly will sync.

Best Answer