Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge2 won't connect through Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 quit syncing a few days ago. I've tried everything they suggested to get it syncing again with no luck. So I unpaired it and tried pairing it again with my phone. It won't pair. Any help would be much appreciated!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@thardin1 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! 

@Gare79 did you only remove the Charge 2? If this is the case then please remove all of the devices listed there. When you attempt to setup and sync your tracker make sure you aren't near other bluetooth devices that may interfere with the process. @thardin1 you didn't mention if you try this particular step (removing all devices from your bluetooth settings). Also make sure the Fitbit app has all the necessary permissions on your phone (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions).

Keep me posted!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Was one of things you tried a restart of the fitbit? If so, how many times did you try it? It's known to not always work and it's recommended to try it at least 3 times.

Best Answer
I tried it for the third time last night before bed. Still nothing. My
phone can see that it's there but will not pair with it.
Best Answer

@Gare79 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! You don't mention which phone you have. Is it compatible? You also didn't say what exactly you did to fix this issue. I suggest you go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your tracker like @SteveH mentioned by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

After this retry the setup process from the Fitbit app.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Google pixel 2 and it was working with this phone for about 6
months. I've removed the Fitbit from my devices on Bluetooth, I've
restarted the Fitbit quite a few times (one time I restarted it 10 times
before trying to pair with it again), I've restarted my phone numerous
times. It just will not seem to connect with the Fitbit anymore.
Best Answer

I am having the same issue with a Pixel 2 XL.  Have had no issues for ~6 months, but since last week I have not been able to sync.  I have restarted (phone and device), deleted and reinstalled the app, fully charged the device, etc. with no luck.

Best Answer

@thardin1 Welcome! It's nice to have you on board! 

@Gare79 did you only remove the Charge 2? If this is the case then please remove all of the devices listed there. When you attempt to setup and sync your tracker make sure you aren't near other bluetooth devices that may interfere with the process. @thardin1 you didn't mention if you try this particular step (removing all devices from your bluetooth settings). Also make sure the Fitbit app has all the necessary permissions on your phone (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions).

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much! Removing all my devices allowed it to connect.
Best Answer

@Gare79 happy to hear that you were able to sync your tracker again and thank you for letting me know what specifically helped you as this may help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well now that I have had it connect I seem to have to go through this
process every 2 to 3 days.... Not sure why it stops synching..
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 stopped syncing on 5/4/2018. I have tried

1) resetting the Charger 2, per directions found here, I do see the icon and version # appear briefly on the screen then it display the normal tracking screen for steps and heartbeat.

2) uninstall and reinstalling the Charger 2 on the phone app (no it did not work, tried multiple times over several days)

3) uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app on my phone.

My phone bluetooth is working. I turn it off when going through the set up steps are directed. Fitbit  asks to turn Bluetooth on at one point and I allow it to. Verified that Bluetooth was on before moving on to the next step which is were it gets stuck.

I can not get past the screen titled 'Not Working?' The Charger 2 is charged and the phone sits next to the Charger 2 when trying to set them up to talk to one another. My phone can see the Charger 2 as it shows up on my phone Bluetooth screen as a nearby device. 

I bought it in December 2017. Any help would be greatly appreciated getting it to work/sync again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Charleen2,

Did you try removing all the devices in your Bluetooth? I had to clear all
of mine out and then it would connect again.

This had initially worked but I had to do this every 2 to 3 days. It was
the only saved device when it wouldn't work again. Hopefully that is just a
"me" problem though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, Cleared everything from the Bluetooth list. Only the phone itself was displayed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm also at a point where my charge 2 will not connect anymore. Tried
everything a few times and no luck. Not sure if it's a problem with the app
or what's going on. @AlvaroFitbit, any ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the same issue @AlvaroFitbit. My charge 2 stopped syncing about a month ago, although all other functionality seems ok. I'm pretty sure it's the Fitbit device, not my phone, because I can't get it to syncing with any other bluetooth enabled devices I have (another iphone or ipad). I've tried all of the solutions (power cycling, deleting the app, forgetting all other bluetooth devices, restarting the fitbit, trying connections to other phones, repeating the solutions multiple times, etc). Please help. I'd like to keep using the device because it a little under 1 year old at this point. Kind of disappointing that it stopped working properly. Also the device is seemingly having trouble charging as the battery charge % jumps around from 40 to 10 to 80 to whatever% erratically. Maybe the issues are related??? Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to hear you are also having the same problem. I unfortunately have
never been able to resolve the problem. Like you, I tried everything
mentioned and even ignored it for a while hoping things would resolve
themselves. As of today my fitbit does not talk to anything else so it's
become an expense watch. I will not buy a replacement fitbit.

I bought mine at Costco and am considering returning it for a full refund. I
have the original box and Costco can look up the purchase on my account so a
receipt is not needed to do a return.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After resetting up my Charge 2 again after it stopped syncing (after the2.75 update), I have to restart it several times each day whenever syncing won't work. It is the Charge 2 bluetooth that is no longer working properly. Hopefully, the next update fixes this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see others are having issues and it's not me just being hopelessly technology illiterate.

I bought mine from REI and they won't accept returns after 90 days for electronics which is a bummer. It would be nice if I got a solution to this issue or possibly a replacement watch (refurbished is ok). I like the watch but don't like the fact that I basically paid 150 dollars for a watch that lasted only one year. I don't know if I'd buy another too.

Maybe next time I'll look to Garmin or Apple for a smart watch, but hopefully Fitbit restores my faith in the brand with an update that fixes the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found having two connected devices near my Fitbit at the same time can throw off the bluetooth syncing, especially when All Day Syncing is turned on. I now keep my phone far away from my Amazon Fire and I have not had any syncing issues with either device. Coincidence? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 had stopped connecting for nearly 7 months here's what worked I'm so happy I'm helping .....1...plug the charge 2 to the wall outlet 2...when it starts to charge press the button for 10 to 12 seconds when you see the screen shows the fitbit logo unplug it .... Go to the app and install a device .....what this does is reseting the watch ....this worked for me hope it does for you also ....God Bless

Best Answer
0 Votes