Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charger for Fitbit Charger 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Heart Rate charger but cannot find the charging the cable. My Fitbit looks like a Charger 2. But, my Fitbit charger was a three-prong charger. The ones I find at Walmart and Amazon have only two bits. I can find a Fitbit Heart Rate device like mine on Amazon, but I cannot find the charging cable.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jennifer0199 the original charge 2 cable only comes with 2 pins. 

I just checked the Fitbit store and their 2 pin charging cable for the Charge 2 has been reduced to 3.95, down from 19.95. 

It is your option where to by from, but you are not going to find a cable with 3 prongs. Electricity only needs 2 prongs to charge. The 3rd prong probably is needed for the initial setup at the factory. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

You can find a replacement charger on Fitbit.com in the store. https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/charge2-charging-cable

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand what you mean by having a charger but not a cable.

But I suggest you click on "Community" at top left of this page to see pictures of the Fitbit devices to figure out which one you have. That should let you find the appropriate charger/cable from Amazon or the Fitbit store.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a FitBit Charge 2. I've lost my charging cable. When I've tried to order a new charging cable, I notice all the FitBit Charge 2 charging cables have only two prongs. I've included an image of my FitBit Charge 2 and what is offered on the FitBit site, Amazon, and Walmart as the charging cable for FitBit Charge 2. However, the charging cable offered by all three is not compatible to charging my FitBit.My FitBit Charge 2 on Left; Charging Cable for FitBit Charge 2--not compatible.My FitBit Charge 2 on Left; Charging Cable for FitBit Charge 2--not compatible.

Best Answer

This is the problem. The image on the left represents my FitBit. The image on the right represents what FitBit, Amazon, and Walmart say is the charging cable for my FitBit. However, when I bought one, it would not work. I cannot find a FitBit Charging cable with three prongs.

fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

This is my problem: I have a Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband, and I bought a FitBit Charge 2 charging cable but it was not compatible with my FitBit Charge 2. My FitBit Charge 2 does Heart Rate, Steps, Relax Time et cetera.

When I've gone to FitBit, Amazon, and Walmart to reorder a charging cable, I receive info saying that the image on the right is the correct one--but it is not.

My FitBit requires a charging cable with three prongs, as per the image on the left, not two.

Solutions anyone?

fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is correct. The Original cable have 2 Pins, too. I didn't know why the Tracker have 3, but it Works Fine 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Part of my confusion was when you call the device the Charger rather than the Charge or Charge 2.  Not trying to be picky, but it is confusing since you are also talking about charge cable. I don't know what the three-pronged cable would be and obviously you can't post a picture if it is lost.  I'm curious about the one you bought that did not work. Did it not fit onto your Charge 2 correctly, or did it just not charge the device?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My guess is that the third pin is used in the factory for some setup in loading the setup firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But the OP only refers to 3 prongs, not 3 pins, though maybe that is he was meant.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find the solution to the 2 versus 3 prong charger?  I have the exact same issue.  I lost my original charger and the only options available for purchase only have two prongs.

@lmgswain wrote:

This is the problem. The image on the left represents my FitBit. The image on the right represents what FitBit, Amazon, and Walmart say is the charging cable for my FitBit. However, when I bought one, it would not work. I cannot find a FitBit Charging cable with three prongs.

fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CissyTX  I don't understand the issue.  The pictures look exactly like mine which works fine. Yes there are 3 little metallic-looking circles on the back of the Charge 2 and only 2 metallic nubs that stick out on the charger. But it works right.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everything you mentioned is correct.  The original charger it came with had three metallic circles just like the fitbit itself.  I lost the original charger on vacation and by the time the new one arrived (with only two metallic circles), my fitbit was completely dead.  I've purchased the same charger from Amazon and Walmart and neither will charge my fitbit.  I've tried numerous usb cables and power sources (wall, computer, even car).  Could it be because my fitbit went completely dead?  It does not vibrate- tried numerous variations messing with the clip.  It always worked fine previously.  The only thing different is the charger?  I'm open to any ideas, tricks?  Strange coincidence that it worked and charged fine prior to losing my charger.  My next step is to return it to the exchange where I purchased it. 

@JohnnyRow wrote:

@CissyTX  I don't understand the issue.  The pictures look exactly like mine which works fine. Yes there are 3 little metallic-looking circles on the back of the Charge 2 and only 2 metallic nubs that stick out on the charger. But it works right.  

Best Answer

The original charger comes with two pins, not three. The third pin is probably used during the initial setup during production. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just adding to the conversation, the 2016 version of the Charge 2 has the 3 metallic charge posts and the original charger has 3 prongs to match. The two prong chargers haven’t worked. My Fitbit is also completely dead. Does anyone know if the 3 prong replacement charger exists

Best Answer

While the Fitbit Charge 2, not Charger 2 has 3 prongs, the original charger only has 2 prongs. Your two prong charging cable should work. 

As for where to get a 3 prong cable, there is no such thing, @OhioTony

Have you clean the contacts with isopropyl alcohol and a piece of paper or Q-tip

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Charge 2 in November -- still have all original accessories. The Charging cable has two pins; the Charge 2 has three.

Tempest in a teapot. . .

Best Answer

@JohnnyRow wrote:

I don't understand what you mean by having a charger but not a cable.

But I suggest you click on "Community" at top left of this page to see pictures of the Fitbit devices to figure out which one you have. That should let you find the appropriate charger/cable from Amazon or the Fitbit store.

everyone knows what he’s on about, you’re just being a massive anus 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The original FitBit charger only has two pins on it.

I have no idea what the third pin on the Fitbit module is for but the charger adapter clamps you're finding at WalMart, et. al. should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No...you can't get a Charge 2 charger on the Fitbit.com store.  It only has two prongs and the Charge 2 has three prongs.  It will not charge my Charge 2.  Where can I find a charger that has three prongs?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes