Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Huawei Mate 10 Lite

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Dear Fitbit Tech Department

I am a proud owner of Fitbit Charge 2 and I was very happy using it synced with my Samsung Galaxy S8, but recently after my new purchase of Huawei Mate 10 Lite handset, I am unable to set up my tracker with the new handset. It is a big disappointment as now I feel as if my tracker is just a waste for me and I am unable to use all the app synced features.

It is a request from a die hard Fitbit fan to please make Fitbit Charge 2 compatible with all Huawei phones especially the newer releases.

Thank you. 

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi @kamilkureshi3, it is cool to see new faces around the forums! Smiley Happy I totally understand how you feel about this because the Huawei Mate 10 Lite isn't on the list of compatible devices yet, so even you can try to setup/sync your Charge 2 with it, I can't guarantee that it is gonna work. So by now I will ask you to be patient while our team is working in order to add more phone models as compatible devices. 

If you still have it, you can keep syncing your Fitbit with your Samsung Galaxy S8 or maybe a computer. 

I will appreciate your time and patience. 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I've just found that charge 2 isn't compatible with Huawei 10 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

So disapointed I just got the Fitbit Charge 2 and also found out too late that my Huawei Mate 10 is not compatible. Do we know if this feature will ever be available for us Huawei users?

Best Answer

Since I changed my cell phone to a Mate 10 I had problems synchronizing with my Charge 2 bracelet. I do not understand how there could be problems with the synchronization with bluetooth and the sending of data to the Fitbit server. But until they make the Mate 10 compatible, I can synchronize the data of the bracelet with the Mate 10. To synchronize with the Mate 10 I have to remove the battery saving and open the application and leave the screen on until it finishes synchronizing the bracelet, which is usually about 5 minutes. Don't change between other apps. I do not understand how long it takes, but it is always synchronized. I leave my help here, to see if anyone in the community serves this comment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @SammyJ1985 and @AndreaMart, welcome to the Community! Smiley Very Happy The Huawei Mate 10 Lite hasn't been released as a compatible device yet, and according to our team, there is no official date or specific time frame for this to be launched as compatible. However, as I mentioned before, you can try to setup/sync your Charge 2 with it but might or not work, just as @SunsetRunner tried, and after a few tricks, it seems that is syncing, thanks for posting your tips, by the way. 😉 

In the meantime, I will appreciate your time and patience. Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

Really disappointing! I spent the whole day looking for the source of the trouble Smiley Mad. It did not even come to my mind that for each new phone the communication has to be re-implemented. Arrrghhhhh!

Please hurry, this is aggravating!

Best Answer

In Huawei Search search bluetooth scanning.
or go under security and privacy, location services, scan settings. turn off bluetooth scanning.
Turn off bluetooth scanning under location service. Then it starts working much better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about the Huawei mate se? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Karona218 and @HcEysq-fxd it is nice to see new faces around! The Huawei Mate SE and the Huawei Mate 10 aren't on the list of compatible devices, so even if they meet the minimum requirements (Android 4.4 KitKat), they might or not sync and if they do, the functionality could not be optimum, which means that these phones still being tested. So, you'll find in this post some tips to fix syncing issues, just keep in mind that I can't guarantee that they will work. And if they don't work, you can try a device from the tested devices list or a computer with the requirements needed. 

@WellnessXperts, thanks for sharing those tips, I hope they might help some other Huawei phone users to sync those phones with their Charge 2. 

In the meantime, I'll ask you to be patience while our team still working to add more phones to the compatible devices list. 

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. Can you tell me if I am able to buy a new
toggle? I think you call it? That goes into a computer so that you can sync
through the computer?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Karona218! The Dongle is the connection between your tracker and your computer, this goes into the USB port. However, if your computer has Bluetooth integrated, then you don't need to get a Dongle, but if it doesn't, then you can go to our online store and purchase it there. 😉 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Best Answer
Thank you!
Best Answer

You are more than welcome @Karona218! If you have further questions, let me know! 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

Finnaly,i got it.Have Huawey mate 10 lite and i tryed to sync it for a long time.Restart my sharge 2 i now after trying for 2 hours,it works!!!!So glad :).After 3 months off trying i can juse my watch again :)My last phone got stolen and after that i havent been abel to juse it,so today is a good day 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @heidy.makotkina, I hope you are doin' fine! Robot Happy Oh, really? Sounds pretty cool that your Huawei Mate 10 Lite is syncing with your Charge 2, even though it doesn't appear on the compatible devices list. I'd like you to keep me posted to let me know if still working fine. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
Hy, I tried again and it works well, but head to desinstall Smart Wristband
appi. Together they wont work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It works well  tried again 🙂 But had to desinstall Smart Wristband app, they wont work together.All seems good. So all Huawei owners should try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @heidy.makotkina! Oh! So in other words, you had to uninstall the Smart Wristband app, the one that comes with Huawei models, so your Charge 2 could work? Thanks for sharing this tip, I had no idea, but I'm pretty sure that this might help other Huawei Mate 10 Lite users to solve the connectivity issue. I'd like to know how it goes so keep me posted! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
Not the on what comes with phone, but I have another smart watch and
installed a app for that. I had to try lots off time and finally got it
working. So far all good 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes