Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show battery level on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A coworker of mine who has Charge 2 just like mine, showed me today where he cycles through the heartrate, run, stopwatch, etc. etc. and he now had a battery level indication. He said with the lastest software update it showed up on his. I just did an update on mine and I still don't have the battery level indicator on my Charge 2. Any ideas on what is going on here? Thanks.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

Open fitbit app, Tap account, tap charge 2, tap menu items, put a check mark in Battery

It will need to sync before it takes place

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  It does not appear as an option for me to select.  😞

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

Open fitbit app, Tap account, tap charge 2, tap menu items, put a check mark in Battery

It will need to sync before it takes place

I think they mean they can't see it on the tracker itself, not the Dashboard

Best Answer

@Moretta I'd recommend making sure that you've updated your Charge 2's firmware to version 22.48.14. Click here for instructions on how to update if you haven't already.

After you confirmed that your Charge 2 is updated, you can follow @WendyB's instructions above to add the battery indicator.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@rebel3217 that is how you add it to the tracker. It was part of the latest up date. It's how to add it by phone not dashboard

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@WendyB wrote:

@rebel3217 that is how you add it to the tracker. It was part of the latest up date. It's how to add it by phone not dashboard

all the boxes are checked and I've synced several times but I still do not see a battery level on the tracker

Best Answer

@rebel3217 wrote:

@WendyB wrote:

all the boxes are checked and I've synced several times but I still do not see a battery level on the tracker

Okay, nevermind. I found it. You have to push the button on the side not tap the screen. Thanks for your help!

Best Answer
Thanks. I had done the update, but it appears the update on my Charge2
itself took awhile longer than expected. It updated sometime during the
night and was available by the next morning.

Thanks again.
Best Answer

Thanks for saying to use the side button.  I was trying to use the screen tap and it doesn't come up that way.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! And hour later and finally some wisdom...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cicirocks wrote:

Thanks so much! And hour later and finally some wisdom...

@Cicirocks do you realize that using the search bar above, or reading your manual, or searching the help site would have found the same answer in a few minutes?

Best Answer

Hi Wendy,

My husband has the FitBitCharge 2. the only way he can find his battery usage is to open the app on his iphone.  not on his fitbit at all. 

I looked thri the settings  where you said to look but i do not see it.. any further suggestions?

Many thanks, Rose

Best Answer
0 Votes

correct, that is my issue too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RosennFlorida, if you open the Fitbit.com Dashboard Settings for the Charge 2, you should see a Menu item - if you expand that, you should be able to enable the Battery Level Indicator.  After you do that, be sure to sync the Charge 2, and you should then be able to press & release the side button repeatedly until the battery level is shown.

Battery Indicator.jpg

Best Answer

Larry,  Thank You so much!!  I got it fixed for him.. Really appreciate it.

My husband is Air Force Veteran too.. Thank you for your service to our CountryHeart

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TinEar3 wrote:

A coworker of mine who has Charge 2 just like mine, showed me today where he cycles through the heartrate, run, stopwatch, etc. etc. and he now had a battery level indication. He said with the lastest software update it showed up on his. I just did an update on mine and I still don't have the battery level indicator on my Charge 2. Any ideas on what is going on here? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. This msy also be done through the app by taping the picture of your Charge 2, then scroll to menu settings.
Best Answer

Thank you. It works

Best Answer

Thank you for This! Very helpful :full_moon_face:

Best Answer
0 Votes