Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kms exported as miles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Exported imageExported imageI walked 10.4 kms yesterday and hit all my goals. Wanted to share this, so used the share button in the upper right corner of the app dashboard. The image that is generated states I walked 10.4 miles, not the same at all. DashboardDashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

It's nice to see you around the Community Forums @Kamelone! Is the first time you had this issue when sharing your stats?

I'd recommend doing the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Log out of your Fitbit App
  • Force quit the App
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit App

Try sharing your stats again and let me know if you keep having this issue. I'll be around!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi again

The problems has been there as long as I had the Fitbit, almost 2 months. I went through all your suggested steps, and still have the same problem. 

What happens if you switch to km in your settings and try to export your daily goal achievements? 

Best regards, 

Ingrid

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have this problem, and I have checked with a few friends, and they all have the same problem. Not only on Charge 2, but also the Charge HR. 

We all have location set to Norway, and language is English. Maybe this is where things get messed up? I tried to change locations, but that didn't seem to help. Did not find anywhere to change language. I have stalked other users on Instagram, and this does not seem to be a problem for e.g. German users. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I apologize for the long waiting to get my response, I was digging into this a little bit more after replicating what you got as I experienced the same. 

iOS 2.34 users are experiencing a bug when sharing their exercises. Our unit setting is set to km, and the distance stat displays as km on the dashboard as your images show. However, when we try sharing our exercises, the distance appears to be miles. 

Thanks a million for letting me know about this issue. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. 

Let me know if there's something else I can assist you with @Kamelone!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am not sharing , however I have noticed my tracker recording KM but my app is set to miles. No resolve yet..

So are the engineers to working on this issue? I have not owned my Charge 2 a month yet and have had multiple application issues. This KM/miles, was not a problem until this last week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @HoneyBader, thanks for joining us here! Hmmmm.... I was wondering if you have noticed that your Charge 2 is only tracking KM when using the exercise mode? If so, I'd recommend restarting your buddy 3 times in a row. 

If the restart doesn't work, try changing the setting (from miles to kilometers) and then syncing your tracker. The change won't take affect until you sync. Attempt one more time a restart and then, try changing the settings as they were (miles) and sync to save the changes. 

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Before I read your post I had restarted it. It worked after 1 try. Thank you for your response

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Great @HoneyBader! I'm glad to hear that the restart did the trick! Man Wink 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Fitbit today, download the App today and I got the same problem. The Dashboard shows Km but the Km distance was exported as miles incorrectly, and I was unable to share the data. Fitbit has been quite irresponsible and no warning was given to me when I purchased the product. 

Best Answer

Hey there @GTse, thanks for jumping up here! Are you an iOS user? If so, I'm afraid to say that this issue is still going around, our team is working hard to get a solution for this. 

Any updates I get from them, be sure I'll be posting you.

Your patience and understanding is truly appreciated! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am using I Phone 6S with IOS 10.3.2.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

IM having the exact same issue, any joy?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please guys refer to this post if you're on iOS devices @LauraC1988 @GTse. At this time there's no workaround to provide to you guys since per our team is working to get a solution for this. 

Once again, thanks a million for your patience and understanding with this matter!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I'm trying to follow these instructions.... but what the heck is a buddy?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind, there is no fix. It's a known bug with no resolution or timeline for resolving

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @NoNamesLeft! I'm so sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue as well. I'll pass this along to the team once again to see how the issue is going on so I can provide with more information/update to you and the rest of the guys. 

Let me know if I can be of further assistance in the meantime.

Best Answer

Still not working...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone @Kamelone! I'm afraid to say that this issue is still going around for some iOS users. However, we recently released an update for Charge 2 and for the Fitbit app. Have you guys made sure your devices are already up-to-date? 

Updating the Fitbit app worked for you sister, please try this and let me know how it goes. Man Wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated and issue still there.  Seems like such a simple thing that could get fixed....

It sucks once you post them to Instagram that you have to explain there's a bug that isn't getting fixed and it's really not miles but Km, and so on.

Best Answer