Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting text notifications from IOS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Set my charge 2 yesterday but so far despite getting text I have not been able to get any text notification on my tracker I doing something wrong?
Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

@SunsetRunner  Be sure under settings on your IPhone, that you have "Show in Notification Center" and Allow in Notification Center turned on.

Hopefully that may help~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
This is all done, I've tried resetting both my phone and tracker. Have unpaired and paired several times but still only get call notifications. Running out of other options, any idea?
Best Answer

Only other thing I can think of at the moment is to be sure you don't have "do not disturb" on?  

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
Don't have that on either. Looks like I'm call support
Best Answer
0 Votes

While you can in pair the tracker from the phone, only the app through a sync can pair it back up, I'm not sure what is referred to by I've paired it several times. 

Now if you have tried all the standard things, made sure the settings are correct, and confirmed the Charge 2 shows up in the BT settings, then i would do an add tracker with the replace current tracker option. 

Best Answer

Hi Suezzb.

Did you ever figure this out? Mine was getting text just fine and then stopped. Now i cant get it to work again. Thanks

Best Answer

I ran into this same problem with mine. I tried everything and even called Fitbit for help. They sent me an email and it solved it. Heres how to fix it.

1-Go to settings
2-Select notifications
3-Select messages
4-All this options have to be ON
a-Allow notifications
b-Show in Notification Center
c-badge App Icon
d-Show on Lock Screen
5-Alert Style when unlocked has to be "Alerts"
6-On messages Options you will see Show Previews, Has to be ON

Best Answer

1-Go to settings
2-Select notifications
3-Select messages
4-All this options have to be ON
a-Allow notifications
b-Show in Notification Center
c-badge App Icon
d-Show on Lock Screen
5-Alert Style when unlocked has to be "Alerts"
6-On messages Options you will see Show Previews, Has to be ON

The last step is the most important.  This is the step everyone forgets to tell you.  Once I did that, it worked great!

Best Answer

Hey guys! It is great to see you in the Community! 

@SunsetRunner, did you already contact Support? what was the response you got from them? 

@Plutoman and @marietuttle, thank you so much for posting those steps. They will definitely will be very helpful for some users that are experiencing the same issues. 

@Rich_Laue and @Kmransom123 I really appreciate your help! 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This is what fixed mine.  It was because I didn't have all settings turned on under 1. Notifications - Messages.  Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @TreyDave! Sounds pretty great that you are receiving text notifications on your Charge 2. Thanks for the update! Smiley Wink 

If you have further questions or need more help, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Thank you for these steps, im not sure I understand Step 6, can you be more clear please. Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all of these things multiple times. Nothing is working. And I don't understand step 6 either. I don't have an option under messages that says "show previews". Please help or I'm going to return my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0697.PNG

You go to settings, then notifications, and then messages then show previews needs to be set to always

Best Answer

I had same problem when I first got mine. Hold the button on the watch at the notification section of watch and it should turn on. I had accidentally turned notifications off on watch but not the Fitbit settings. Make sure text notifications are on in settings before also. Hope that helps.🙂

Best Answer

So weird...that doesn't even come up on my phone. Thanks for your help tho 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you it's been on. It was working since Xmas and then suddenly stopped yesterday. Don't know what else to try

thanks for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit did same thing and I had also somehow turned off notifications on my Fitbit. Holding side button down on notification turns it back on. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best Answer

Some how I did that too without even noticing!! You're great. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes