Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications Issues- no reminder to move & not showing phone calls

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see that many people are having the same type of issue in one way or another. I see one has been marked resolved however, a firm direction on how to correct things was not given.

I have done a couple of FitBit Charge 2 "restarts" and that didn't correct my issues. I gathered that another solution might be to "unpair" my FitBit Charge 2 from all devices and then pair them again. I will try that.

My issues are:

• I no longer receive reminders to move for the hours that I don't have the 250 steps
  • I no longer receive phone call visuals
  • I do recieve text message visuals

And yes, my notifications are all set to "on", on my FitBit Charge 2 as well as the aps (iPhone & computer).

Any  suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Smiley MDR  Happy Friday!

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I have also tried the restart and the unpair but am not able to receive text messages.  My other messages seem to still work fine.  I will follow this thread in the hopes of an answer too.

Thanks for posting your question as it will, I'm sure, help others as well.

Best Answer

going to follow because I have the same issues.  they say they opened a CASE for me....

Best Answer

Hello guys @GrandmaKay @DawnXXOO @judyelaine, hope you're doing great! Hmmm... very strange.

Before moving on some troubleshooting steps, please make sure about the following requirements:

• If your mobile device has a text conversation open, you won't receive notifications from that conversation.
  • If you're receiving notifications but they seem delayed, the Bluetooth connection between your tracker and your mobile device may be unstable. If Bluetooth regularly fails you should notify your device manufacturer.
  • If you have another Bluetooth device connected to your mobile device, it may cause interference that prevents notifications from appearing on your tracker. 
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
  • For Charge 2, from the clock screen, press and hold the button to make sure Notifications is set to On. Keep in mind notifications must be turned on to receive reminders to move throughout the day.

If you have checked and still not working, follow these troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart your Charge 2.
  2. On your mobile device, go to Settings > Bluetooth
  3. Tap your tracker and then tap Forget Device.
  4. Log out of the Fitbit app.
  5. Reboot your mobile device.
  6. Turn on notifications in the Fitbit app:
    1. Open the Fitbit app and tap Account.
    2. Tap your tracker.
    3. Find an option to turn on your notifications.

Keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
Thank you for the quick response. I found these tips and worked through them twice yesterday. The 2nd time, I left my Fitbit for about 5 minutes to make sure it was completely 'detached' from my I-phone, then added the device like it was brand new. Still does not receive text messages and I didn't have any messages open at the time.
Super weird.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yeah it's.. please get in touch with our support team directly so they can do a deeper investigation and see where the issue is coming from. 

Don't forget to mention the steps you've done so far to avoid getting the same ones and share here with us the outcome!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

it took forever to get mine resolved (and not entirely to my satisfaction)and talking to several "teams" because you get a different one everytime you respond and they don't read what the last team wrote.  they keep telling you to do the same thing.  They finally admitted there was something wrong with the Charge2 and sent me a new one that works fine other than it will not sync with my windows 10 computer but it will sync with my phone consistently(which was also a problem before and I could never get the information to update anywhere).  I'm not about to complain because I can't go through what I went through with them before.   the moderator here was more helpful.  I ended up having to get really angry to get anywhere with them. they also made me a goofy offer of 30 % off of an upgrade without subtracting the cost of the worthless Charge 2 I already earned, so I would have been stuck with the cost of a worthless Charge 2  and 30% off of a new upgrade like a surge, making the cost of an upgrade more expensive (...over 320.00 on a $249,00 Surge)and they didn't understand my anger.  good luck.

Best Answer

Thanks for the help and I have done all that, but my issue is that I don't get the reminders to move.

I have set and reset them and gone trhough all the steps for restarting, unpairing from my iphone, etc. I have not other blue tooth devices connected.

I get the text and phone alerts, no issue there.

Any further assistance would be appreciated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just had a thought....if you already have your 250 steps in for the next hour, you will not get a reminder to move.  I only get mine on Sundays when I'm sitting it church or am traveling... so if your already conscientious about moving, that could be your issue.  They ususally come about 10 minutes to the hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your input!
No, I have several "gray dots" still! LOL
I did think of that and I switched my settings but it didn't trigger the alerts to start up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Both my husband & I have the same problem with Charge 2 & lack of notifications & texts.  Well try some of the solutions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had turned off to 'show in notification center" in the notifications on my iPhone under  the Fitbit tab once I changed that, it worked like a charm. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the information on getting notifications to work again,  It is on now and I don't know how it was turned off in the first place.  thanks again Marre

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, just got my Charge 2 yesterday. Is it normal that the tracker vibrates upon receiving phone calls and messages but does not display? Only shows the ID and messages once I turn on the display (by pressing button or tapping). Used to have a Charge HR and it always showed ID so not sure if Charge 2 works differently. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes
As long as notifications are "on" on the HR (use side buttons to scroll thru options to see notifications are on) and you have notifications on your iPhone set for both phone and messages set to 'show in notifications center' it should work where it not only vibrates but shows the info on your HR display.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, but with Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you read @MarreFitbit's post above. Especially the point about checking the notification status on the tracker?

• For Charge 2, from the clock screen, press and hold the button to make sure Notifications is set to On. Keep in mind notifications must be turned on to receive reminders to move throughout the day.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

just got a flex 2 and it will not respond to my text or call notifications, still awaiting the keep moving and other notifications. I have tried all the steps, help!?? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having an issue with not receiving text notifications only.  It vibrates and shows me who’s calling, and vibrates to remind me to get my steps for the hour. But texts haven’t come through in months.  I have the iconic.  It stopped sometime after and apple update. Fitbit’s app said it was going to have to update so I just kept waiting but nothing.  Suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tonythetiger014 DIY you by any chance have an iOS device with version 10, it sounds like you haven't made the changes needed to your phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes