Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relax Guided Breathing Sessions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

2016-08-25_BlogPosts_GuidedBreathing_Blog_730x485.jpg

Charge 2 provides Relax, an on-device personalized guided breathing sessions, based on your heart rate to help you find moments of calm throughout the day. You can choose between two-minute and five-minute long sessions. You can begin a Relax guided breathing session by:

1. Pressing the button on your Charge 2 until you see "Breathe".
  2. The two-minute session is the first option. Tap to choose the five-minute session.
  3. Press and hold the button to start.
  4. Remain still and breathe deeply during the calibration period, which lasts 30-40 seconds. You’ll see the phrase “sensing your breathing” on your tracker’s screen.
  5. When prompted, follow the guide and breathe deeply. Sparkles will appear on your tracker’s screen to indicate how closely you’re following the guide.
  6. After you’ve completed the session, press the button to return to the clock.

What's important to note is that all notifications are automatically disabled during a guided breathing session. If you’ve set a silent alarm, your Charge 2 will vibrate at the time specified.

Click here for more information about Relax, including the benefits of practicing deep breathing and safety information.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
106 REPLIES 106

Can we get this on the charge like the first charge, on the Fitbit but designed on the screen?

Liam Cummings; Awesomewalks Fitbit expert; owner of Fitbit Alta;charge (returned to Fitbit)
Best Answer
0 Votes

it seems when i first got the charge 2, that i somehow had the guided breathing sessions to remind me to take a 2 min breather.   It doesnt notify me anymore.   how do i set this up again, i really enjoyed the device letting me know vs. me having to consciously remember to manually go into the relax menu and begin it all myself.   thanks !! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear alexotica,

You can't upgrade your Charge 2 mainly for the Relax function. The Relax feature does use the wearer's realtime heart rate to customize session in the way a biofeedback device works.

Sincerely,

bellaandsugar

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Do you have any phone app recommendations??  Thanks

@andrea444 wrote:

@Dominique sure, I understand what you're saying.  I answered someone who asked if they should get this device for the purpose of the relaxation feature and if it was personalized similar to biofeedback, which it is not.  It's a great FitBit, I love mine.  I wouldn't suggest for someone to buy it just for this one feature though.  I suggest phone apps that have audio so you don't have to hold your wrist at an awkward angle and watch a screen. 
Glad you like yours though, we all have different features we enjoy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a way to specialize the relax time and pace?

Is Fitbit compatible with a HRV app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My understanding of Heart Rate Variability is that it requires a more detailed reading of the heart than an optical sensor can currently provide from the wrist. Perhaps that will change as the technology improves, but it might be a limitation of the method or location on the body.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thank you! I think I read somewhere yesterday that Garmin has a model that does. I may be mistaken.

It would still be valuable to know if you could adjust the settings and length of sessions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After choosing the relax, you may tap the screen to choose between 2 and 5 minute sessions. I find 5 minutes to stressful, lol

As for the Breath in/out time Leangth cycles, Fitbit uses the start process to determine this. 

The way it works is that while breathing out, your heart will slightly slow down compared to breathing in, it is this subtle change that your tracker is monitoring. Yes the optical sensor is this sensitive. 

My experience has been the start process screen, the up/down graph follows my breathing so close that i find myself a little freaked out. 

For more info lets got to Fitbits interactive help docs  and their Relax FAQ http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2077/

Best Answer

hallo 

Would anyone know whether there is any way to manually increase the length of time for the "inhale" and "exhale" ?

Despite the initial 'sensing breathing' step, I find that the inhale and exhale durations are so short that if I follow them I am practically hyperventilating after two minutes?

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue.  I even tried dramatically slowing my breathing during the calibration period and it still has a very fast breath rate.

Also, most guided breathing sessions (both apps and in person) have a goal of slowing your breathing.  That is, the session starts at your initial breath rate then slowly slows.

I would _really_ like to use this feature, unfortunately if it's not going to start at my breath rate (or let me configure it) or slow down over the period of the session then it's kind of useless 😞

Best Answer

Guess nobody from FitBit knows either since nobody bothered to reply !

Best Answer

Hi there, i was really excited about this function, however, i dont find my personalized guided breathing session that relaxing. I would love to be able to adjust the inhale/exhale time myself and even add an extra 1-2 gap seconds in between. Do you think it will be feasible in the near future? Thank you.

Best Answer

@Tara3077 wrote:
Is there a way to adjust the speed of the inhales/exhales? It goes so quickly I can only get in half a breath, and that kind of defeats the purpose of "deep breathing"!

I agree! I get so lightheaded from the fast breathing when I use this feature that it actually kind of stresses me out.

Best Answer

Hi,

I've had the same problem. Neither the relax or stopwatch option show on my Charge and they are checked on the apps. Are there other fixes?

thank you,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CathyCNJ, my thoughts? 

Have you made any changes to the menu options, and has tye tracker synced?

Try switching tye possitiins of the stopwatch and relax menus, then wait for tye sync.

If this fails, then set the tracker up as a replacement device.

Best Answer
Thank you for your advice! I began the steps you described and realized I may have been tapping charge instead of pressing button to get relax to appear. So it appears to be working now. Thanks again!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same problem. There app Pacifica lets you do this, and you can change the breathing rate. If only fitbit would let you edit it. 

@Tara3077 wrote:
Is there a way to adjust the speed of the inhales/exhales? It goes so quickly I can only get in half a breath, and that kind of defeats the purpose of "deep breathing"!

Best Answer

@Tara3077 @Salix That's a great suggestion! Please consider voting for this idea on our Feature Suggestions board. Our development team checks on ideas posted there regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers are asking for. If you have a minute, please check it out. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, can you schedule the Relax sessions, say once or twice a day?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FitMax wrote:

@FitMax wrote:

You could set a silent alarm?

Best Answer