Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

I spent over an hour reading this thread, and NOTHING suggested here works!

1. A allow users to go back to the old Dashboard. I only noticed the problem since the new dashboard was instituted.

2. the following solution was set to me from AlejandraFitbit (Moderator) today:

Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

After the restart process, you can test the Charge 2.

I don't know what he means by "After the restart process, you can test the Charge 2"

Logically there should be an interaction both ways between the charge 2 and the Bluetooth app on my phone. If I can turn on or off notification on the Charge 2 by holding down the button for 4 seconds, why does that not affect the app notification settings on my phone?

Clearly the Charge 2 has problems talking to the phone app, when it comes to notifications.

Best Answer

I just got my 1st ever fitbut 2 days ago and I've done everything everyone has said to do and I still haven't gotten any notifications and moving I'm bummed 

Best Answer

The "restart" process sounds like the fitbit is rebooting while you're holding the button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same, this is pretty big let down for one of the main selling features of this new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working yesterday and I realized I wasn't receiving text messages or reminders to move. Turns out my Notifications were turned OFF yesterday when I was charging my FitBit. I turned them back on today but I haven't gotten any of the reminders. All notifications on phone, app and device are set to ON, heart rate is at AUTO, tried restarting, turning on/off bluetooth, disconnecting/reconnecting bluetooth, forgetting the device, restarting the phone, nothing worked.

Contacted Support via Online Messaging -- completely useless. They gave me the same advice you all did and was told to "wait again until 2:50." 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed mine by holding the button for few (4-5) seconds to toggle Notification to on.

Could have set to off accidentally as Charge HR user, where we used to press and hold to track current activity etc.. Notification toggle is like putting phone to silent mode.. Seems like they are trying to control multiple things with single button.. while it's nice feature, the problem is that default behavior has changed from Charge HR to Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

turning my fitbit off and back on has fixed the issue, at least for today or until the next firmware refresh

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hopefully this works for you, since I have not had the issue since I did the following:

1. On my iPhone app, I went to the Charge 2 -> Notifications -> Toggle OFF/ON Calls, Texts & Events

2. On my iPhone app, I went to the Charge 2 -> Reminders to Move -> Toggle OFF/ON

3. On fitbit.com dashboard, using my PC, Click on the Gear Icon, then click Settings.

Click on Charge 2, then click Reminders to Move -> Toggle OFF/ON

4. On the device, I held down the button until I see the Notifications to go OFF, then repeat to see Notifications ON

I also noticed that the issue seems to show up after the device is charged. It might be related to the fact that the button gets stuck in the plastic pocket during charging, or there is a bug that confuses the device while it is charging. Regardless, what I do after disconnecting, I repeat step 4. I haven't had any problems since then.

Hopefully works for you too!

Best Answer

@VictorMora Please let us know if your reminders to move are working in a day or so. I've been able to restore my RTMs by manipulating settings but they end up working for only a day or so. Sometimes only for an hour or two. I suspect that when folks get fix tips like "turn heart rate to auto" they try it and the RTMs work for the next couple of times so they report that the fix works. Then the RTMs simply stop again later. Such a disappointing problem and nothing helpful from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jimbolaya64 I have no issue whatsoever after the steps I had posted previously. Once the device is fully charged, it will last 4 to 5 days with no issues, until the next battery charge, in which I just reset the notifications on the device OFF/ON.

Good luck. I hope you can get the same result

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorMoraThanks for your suggestion. I tried your steps. Sure, enough my reminders to move worked the next hour but have not worked since. This suggest that the software bug only shows itself when some particular setting or combination of settings is set. It would be interesting to send my tracker to someone who's reminders are working, have them sync their settings to my watch and see if the reminders to move work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would recommend you to do a Factory Reset, and start over to set it up. Hopefully that will fix it for once, and have Fitbit to send you a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jimbolaya64 use this link if you want to do a Factory Reset:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1606

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VictorMora I've already gotten a brand new watch from Fitbit. Unpaired, deleted app, restarted watch, fiddled with settings. No luck! I've gotten several emails from Fitbit saying they're working on it. Thank you anyway. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone here,

I just wanted to point out I have a similar issue as everyone else here, I must have restarted the trakcer like six,seven times, no luck. My fitibit is a couple of weeks old, it worked ok for one week, then RTM stopped working. I receive notifications for texts just fine and the rest of it seems ok. There was one glitch two days ago where daily stats did not reset (steps, floors, distance, calories), but that fixed itself the next night. (I bought mine two weeks ago from the airport, so I have changed zones in the meantime, but the stats not resetting was probably unrelated to that anyway)

I have tried lots of things suggested here (no, it's not the button getting stuck when charging). I am saying this in a good spirit, most of the things suggested here seem like: do this, do that and then dance around it, naked in the rain, it should be ok after that. Hmm. no, it's not, in my case at least.

RTM have been consistently not working for the last few days, regardless of me synchronising it, restarting it, toggling settings on and off in the iphone app and in the website, setting HR sensor to auto, setting the hours of RTM back to default, changing them again, unpairing it, pairing it, deleting the app, removing the device from the app, changing clock faces, setting timezone to auto, making sure the sleep schedule does not coincide with the steps schedule, making sure that "Do not Disturb" is not switched on, making sure it's not a bluetooth connection issue, etc. Basically, I think I have tried everything mentioned here. Even if it worked now, I would have no idea which action fixed it Man Tongue

Maybe I will try the factory reset next, I still think this is somehow software related, not hardware, but I don't know... I will give it a few more attempts when I have time (mostly the factory reset this time).

BTW my wife has one for about a month now and that works ok (also bought in an airport, changed timezones, no problem).

Best Answer

Thank you @pradism.  Even though notifications were turned on in my app, they were somehow turned off for my watch.  Holding the button on my watch for 4 seconds to turn the notifications back on solved my issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 indicates I received my "dot" for moving 250 steps in an hour, but the app on the phone doesn't agree.....and then the actual computer dashboard gives me a third total!  Is anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

Syncing is working fine, and notifications are on and working fine as well.

Reminders to Move are NOT working, although they apparently are there as I just finally remembered to look at the Charge 2 at 12:50 and saw the reminder. It just isn't vibrating. 

Like everyone else, I would love to see this fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned mine at the end. I think a few things combined tipped it over that way. I came to notice that the HR sensor was not giving me consistent results as well (yes, I read the other threads about that too). That was also one of the things that worked nicely for a couple of weeks and then it went bad. 

Anyway, I do not wish to hijack the thread with more issues, especially since, I returned mine.  My wife still has hers, and works fine for her, but for me personally, it did not work ok.Or it worked ok for about 5-8 days, then it seemed a bit off (maybe restarting it too many times caused this :P)

I loved it while it lasted, but it did not last long 😛 Maybe a firmware update, or a next iteration will get it right.

Cheerio everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this seems to be a common program since the last update, are there any plans to send out another update to fix this issue? Wondering since you contacted support? I am planning on contacting by the end of the day if these fixes don't resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes