Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

They sent me a list of all the things we've already tried and asked me to go into my phone's Bluetooth settings and unpair every device that is currently paired.  After I did that and repaired, I got my reminder to move and my call notifications again.  Give that a try and hopefully it will work for you too!

Best Answer

Here's the full list of troubleshooting steps I received from support.  I am sure they are standard copy/paste replies but just in case someone else needs them:

- Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your tracker.
- Make sure your Hear Rate tracking is in Auto:

1. Tap Account on the Fitbit app dashboard.
  2. Tap on Charge 2.
  3. Tap Heart Rate and make sure it's set to Auto.
  4. Sync your tracker.

- Go into your phone's Bluetooth settings and unpair every device that is currently paired.
- Lastly restart your tracker and mobile device

Best Answer

I was online with support for about an hour and a half, and did all of these things, still not working.  I'm going to get back on after dinner and see if they can figure it out....thanks for all of the advice everyone!

Best Answer

Hi everybody,

If you are still having trouble with receiving reminders to move on your Charge 2, I would recommend the following:

1. Double check to make sure that reminders to move is turned on. Click here for instructions on how to check.

2. Verify that your heart rate settings is set to "Auto". Click here for instructions.

3. Follow the tips mentioned here for ways that you can improve the accuracy of your Charge 2's heart rate readings.

This should help with receiving RTM notifications.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

update - there is nothing else to do.  I've been told to "wait until it gets fixed".....so for those of you looking for the solution - there isn't one.  It's a known bug, and they don't know how to fix it yet.  For all of you who, like me, upgraded to the Charge 2 for the reminders to move....well, too bad for us.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update having the same issue.  Did not start till after the update so maybe they can figure it out and fix it soon.  Was my favorite feature

Best Answer

My dad is getting the reminders flash up on the screen but his fit bit doesn't vibrate - any suggestions for this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.. Was working just after Xmas, it was a present.. Now stopped..

Best Answer

Mine has also stopped working. Has been working fine since September.

Also, one of the solutions is to swtich the heart rate setting to auto. I was told by support to switch mine to "on" as my sleep tracket was switching off in the middle of the night. So that's not a helpful solution anyway.

If it is a known problem, did the support people suggest they would fix it at some point?!

Best Answer

Yes mine continues to have issues - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt - very annoying.  I wonder if it has to do with notifications being automatically turned off through the iphone settings, when it is locked (go to settings => do not disturb => silence - there is no way to amend this, at least not on my iphone, so perhaps when the iphone is locked the notifications don't come through).  Hopefully someone at Fitbit reads this and looks into it : )  Definitely a glitch to resolve in the next software update, and thanks to everyone for all the ideas re how to resolve.

Best Answer

I think I found the "fix"!  Press and hold the button on the side of your watch and it should give you an option of "Notification On" and "Notification Off".  It seemed to resolve my problem! 🙂  Let's hope it "sticks"!  Good luck all!

Best Answer

That fixed my issue. I must have turned off the notifications one morning when I shut off my silent alarm. Thanks!

Best Answer

Done everything in this thread and nothing. Problem started after my last charge. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I also may have accidentally turned them off when turning off my silent alarm one morning.  

So, I am trying to turn them back on by using the solution of holding down the button on the tracker for a couple seconds to see if that works. It looked like they were off. Now it says they're on.  Standing by to see if that fixed it. Will post update.

For the record: my heart rate has always been set to auto; and move reminders have always been turned on.

UPDATE EDIT: the fix I described above worked. 

Best Answer

It seems like after I turned off "All Day Sync", the notifications stopped. I recently turned it back on today and am getting the notifications to move again. I'll try to confirm and post back with results. May be a bug with the setting.

Update: Seems to still be working after, turning off "All day sync". Mystery at this point. Looks like I may have gotten an update on the app today, so maybe that fixed it.

Best Answer

That makes sense. If it's not syncing and can't tell if the hourly step count has been met.

Best Answer

Well I just got my charge 2 today, and can't get anything to work. Fitbit has 1 week to fix or this junk is going back. Very disappointed. 

Best Answer

I was having this problem too and I figured it out based in part on reading this thread yesterday and noticing something this morning. It seems that controlling notifications in the app isn't working. What does work though is toggling notifications on/off by holding the button when it is on the watch screen. That is how I fixed it, based on something someone here said, when I looked yesterday. 

This morning when I went to charge it, I realized that in the process of getting it into its little charging contraption, I'd inadvertantly depressed the button long enough to turn off notifications. I turned them back on and then tried to put it back in the charger. Same thing happened. For me at least it seems I have to be very precise (and thus actually pay attention) when I put it into the charger to keep from turning the notifications off. Although I love the new charger because it is much more reliable than my original Charge HR, this is a design flaw. Now that I know this is happening I just have to remember to double check that the notifications are on when I remove it from the charger every time. I hope this helps others.

Best Answer

My notifications were not working and I  tried everything in this thread. Only had it 2 days and having all these issues!   Not me, returned it to the store today. Think I'll  try a $ 40.00 tracker. At least at that price, won't feel so ripped off.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this very simple, yet effective fix. I think I, too, must have disabled the notifications when adjusting the charger clip when I charged last.  I sooo appreciate the help!Heart

Best Answer