Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

Same thing is happening to me.  Looking for the solution.  Haven't read the thread all the way through yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried that solution and waiting for the notification in about 20 minutes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much ADRIENCCI, my notification was switched to "off" on the Fitbit.  Will await the next vibration.  Thank yooooooou!! x

Best Answer

This fix worked for me, I was not aware you could turn them on and off on the device.

Best Answer

Hi,

For anybody still having trouble with receiving reminders to move, I'd recommend the steps below:

1. Double check to make sure that reminders to move is turned on in your account's settings. Click here for instructions.

2. Verify that your heart rate settings is configured to "Auto". Click here for instructions.

3. Follow the tips mentioned here for ways that you can improve the accuracy of your Charge 2's heart rate readings.

4. Make sure that Notifications is turned "On" on your Charge 2 itself. This can be done by holding the button for 2 to three seconds when your Charge 2 is displaying it's clock face.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Odd that tech support didnt tell me that.  They said mine is defective and are sending me another new one. This makes the 4th one.  I do not have high hopes for the new one either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it's very odd that they don't mention it. Especially for people who
had the notifications working before. No amount of changing account
settings is going to help unless you have the notifications "ON" on the
watch itself. If the notifications were working before, then your online
settings are already correct. It's the easiest fix ever and still they
don't mention it on the phone to people. Mine turn off every single time I
plug it into the charger and every single time I have to remind myself to
reset the watch. It takes all of 2 seconds. Haven't had to send back a
single watch, although they wanted me to when I called two different times.
I told them I'd figure it out myself and lo and behold a little research on
this group and many people advised just to hold the button in to reset the
notifications and turn them ON,,,,that's the fix. When you get the new
one, just set it up, then remember to hold the button for a few seconds
when it's displaying the clock face. I think this will work for you!! In
fact, I know it will. Happy trails!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nah, tried several times never fixed it
Best Answer
0 Votes
Bummer...hope your new one works : )
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. Just upgrade to the Charge 2 and out of the box, it's not tracking my sleep, measuring my heart rate (which means my caloric burn is not accurate) and it's not reminding me to move. When I contacted customer service, they said to restart the band. I've done that twice and it's still not measuring my heart rate. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been following these messages and trying the suggestions with no improvement.  It seems clear to me that the problem was introduced with the update at the end of last year and we will have to wait for another update before the problem is resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this is true, they shouldn't be selling new ones. This is my first Charge 2 and out of the box it's not measuring my heart rate, tracking my sleep, or giving me reminders to move. It's worthless to me at this point. If I wanted something that just tracked my steps, I would have bought a cheaper model. I upgraded to the Charge 2 even after having my original Charge replaced 3 times in 12 months. I'm regretting it now. I should have gone with another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly why I ended up returning mine. I am so glad I did not request a replacement - once you do that you are stuck with the device! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't understand why there are so many problems with the Charge 2. 

As it happens, I long depressed the button on side of Fitbit to check the notifications status and it was indeed switched  OFF. Since switching on,  I have not had a problems with notifications for moving. I think the charger may have accidently touched the side button.

Hope you all have better luck with your device 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kmransom123 That was exactly my problem. Thanks so much for this tip. I must have accidentally turned it off on my Fitbit. "Reminders to Move" was turned on, on my iPhone app, but not on the Fitbit itself. Thanks again for this easy fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My reminders to move stopped working somehow a few days ago. Tried all of the suggestions in this thread, no luck. Then the next day, I completed my reminders to move goal (without notifs working)  and got a notification that I did completed it. So I thought, wow, that's great - maybe it is working again? And it did work the next day! Until I changed my alarms on the web dashboard and then synced. I did nothing else. No notifications now. Ugh. Anyone do that and it stop working? Going to see if making my goal will get it to work again today.

If this is common, please excuse my ignorance. I haven't had time to read through the whole board.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Twitter is not your best bet to get Support to respond to you. Live Chat is probably the quickest method to getting in touch with Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's disappointing! I should had checked this page prior getting my new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just upgraded last week and today I got the reminders to work.

I had to tap to the steps per hour portion, and then push the button. Mine was apparently set to "off." I pushed the button again to turn it to "on."

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem with my Charge 2 that I've owned for less than 2 weeks.  At first, reminders to move worked perfectly, now - nothing.  All other notifications seem to work.  And YES, time to move notifications are turned on, both on the device and in the App.

What's the best way to reach actual technical support from fitbit?  From what I've seen on these discussion forums, the employees of fitbit are completely non-technical - all they can say is "have you looked at this documentation page?"

Best Answer
0 Votes