Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

I've had pretty good luck with the Live Chat option.

Best Answer

Hi DerrickFitbit.

I have done everything you suggested and I still can't get reminders to move on my Charge 2, even though they worked great for the first week.

What's plan B?  I notice a lot of people are just getting new Charge 2s, but this seems almost entirely to be a software problem to me, since every other hardware component is working perfectly.

- Jeff

@DerrickFitbit wrote:

Hi,

For anybody still having trouble with receiving reminders to move, I'd recommend the steps below:

1. Double check to make sure that reminders to move is turned on in your account's settings. Click here for instructions.

2. Verify that your heart rate settings is configured to "Auto". Click here for instructions.

3. Follow the tips mentioned here for ways that you can improve the accuracy of your Charge 2's heart rate readings.

4. Make sure that Notifications is turned "On" on your Charge 2 itself. This can be done by holding the button for 2 to three seconds when your Charge 2 is displaying it's clock face.

Hope this helps!

Best Answer

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  I'm desperate for some advice that comes after you said "I tried that already".  😉

@darkpaintedrose wrote:

I've had pretty good luck with the Live Chat option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hadn't thought about this before, but I think I actually have lost all notifications on my Charge 2.  This is of course, despite the fact that they are all turned on on my watch, phone, and online settings.  So maybe this is a wider software bug than I realized, and there's a bit of confusion from people who actually had issues with settings?

The strangest part is that everything worked beautifully the first week I had the watch.  And then notifications just stopped.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Derrick, I'm not sure exactly what fixed the problem, but pretty much toggle ON/OFF every single switch on the device, the phone app, the BT connection, and the web page, and after ALL that, I got my Charge 2 to display all the notifications that I was looking for, even the reminders to walk has came 2 hours in a row, as well as the notification of achievement of the 250 steps. I will keep monitoring the performance, but for now this issue is closed for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine magically started working. I have no idea what fixed the issue, but it's working now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing this for a couple of weeks now. It started with just the 2.50 reminders and I thought I must be missing them, as all the others worked.

Now it's spreading to all the afternoon reminders.

I still get notifications in the morning, so I can confirm they work and are correctly switched on.

I go through from 8am to 6pm and all that is set up correctly.

It's pure and simply a bug and I'm not pleased 😞

Best Answer

Yes - this is definitely a more complex issue than I thought at first - yesterday, after posting about never getting reminders to walk, I actually got one!  And I got a couple of notifications as well.  So it may not be an all or nothing thing, and it may not be limited to just one kind of notification.

In that case, it actually could be a hardware rather than a software issue - a weak bluetooth receiver that gets some but not all of its transmissions?  That might also explain why sometimes setting up a fitbit takes so incredibly long and may not finish.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding my voice to this forum to help bump this to fitbit's awareness. My Charge 2 stopped working randomly about a week ago. I changed nothing in the settings & have verified that my notification settings are set to on...please fix fitbit!!!

Best Answer

Followed reset advice. Hado absolutely no notifications to move at all.

Texts are fine.

Please fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you! all of mine were on online but I did not know about the one of the device itself! 

Best Answer

Screenshot_2017-03-02-08-52-25.jpg

So I enabled this just to try and it appears to have solved the issue. Though I didn't need this before the issue started. Interested to see if this fixes it for you all as well. 

Best Answer

I don't get advance settings option with the iPhone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!

@Kmransom123 wrote:

@Leenz  Have you doubled checked on the Charge 2 itself to be sure notifications are set to "ON"?  (Press and hold side button to turn on or off). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes and they are still not working!?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Look, I appreciate that there may exist some people that actually don't have reminders on, but I honestly believe the overwhelming majority of people with this problem are asking for help because they DID read the manual and turn on such reminders and are not getting them.

Not to mention that anyone reading this thread can see at the beginning what you'd need to do to make sure they are on...

I'm sure the one guy who had his Charge 2 replaced by fitbit 4 times in a row was clearly told by fitbit customer support to check if he had actually turned reminders on.  I can definitely say that I am one of many for whom notifications can suddenly just stop even though every setting is correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am over the move move bit it's start about lunch time..,ever thing else is going fine their was a time when it would not sync but that's working too happy lady 

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY S5 on the Telstra Mobile network
Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed something. There was a period of time where I had zero steps. At 10 minutes before the hour, I got the notification! So maybe there's a bug in the firmware update code, where the notification only works when you have zero steps in that hour. Has anyone else noticed that? 

Otherwise, I have the same experience everyone else has reported: reminders to move used to work, and then stopped working when I updated. Other notifications work fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip! I was having the same trouble, but this might have just been the problem. I didn't realise that I could turn notifications off when I was fumbling to connect the charger. Will see how we go, but I'm hoping this was a simple fix! .. Otherwise I love my Charge 2 - really works for me 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SeattleHiker we are aware that the update has the reminders turned off, but the Fitbit server is not aware of it.

There are two different fixes for this.

Change the clock and then sync, or turn of reminders in the app, stnc, turn on, then sync again

Best Answer
0 Votes