Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminders to move not working on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My reminders to move have not been working since the latest update.  I've tried toggling on and off, disconnecting and reconnecting.  Getting a bit frustrated as it's been over 2 weeks now.  

Best Answer
285 REPLIES 285

@SeattleHiker we are aware that the update has the reminders turned off, but the Fitbit server is not aware of it.

There are two different fixes for this.

Change the clock and then sync, or turn of reminders in the app, stnc, turn on, then sync again

That is if you've already checked and turned them on in the trackee and it did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
And thank you for your tip. My notifications are definitely turned on, and
I get other notifications. It's just Reminders to Move that wasn't working.
I tried many things, including restarting the device (by pressing the
button while the device is on the charger).

I finally got Reminders to Move to start working again by setting the
display to include the heart rate and setting heartbeat detection to auto.
It's bizarre - the heartrate feature should have nothing to do with the
Reminders to Move feature. And I don't want to display the heartrate. I
prefer a simple display so I don't have to press the button multiple times
to get to the data I want.

Hey Fitbit Software Developers: it's very odd that the suggestions to get
Reminders to Move working involve turning other unrelated features on and
off (like the suggestion to change the watch face.) Can someone at Fitbit
please acknowledge that there are bugs in the software, and let us know
when they will be fixed? Thanks.
Best Answer

FINALLY got this to work again.

Even though it used to work, I had changed the times for the reminders from 10am-6pm back to the default of 9am-5pm and the reminders started working again!

I'm going to set it back to 10-6 and see if it still works, but for now they're working again at 9-5.

So my advice would be (if you've tried EVERYTHING else like me) play around with the times.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently the problem has returned? I've had this about a week, and RTM stopped working. I had only gotten it to work one day before they stopped. It wasn't set for the correct days before, but everything I can find is set correctly now.

Update: Turning on notifications with the side button seems to have worked. Time will tell. Odd thing is everything appeared to be on in the app on my tablet. Nothing has changed there. The fitbit didn't sync to on after getting turned off somehow...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues and FitBit customer service is useless.  I was on a forever long chat, and they still couldn't get it to work.  They told me the "engineers" are working on it, and they cannot replace my device since it's a known issue they are working on.  According to this thread it looks like they've been "working on it" since early January.  What the F, FitBit????  this seems like a pretty simple fix, and if you can't fix it, replace it! 

Best Answer

This is what i was told through Fitbit Support on February 28th.                    "Thank you for troubleshooting with us and bringing this issue to our attention. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible."        Does anyone have any idea when this issue will be fixed?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, RTM are hit and miss for me. I HAVE notifications turned on.

Sometimes I'll get ONE reminder a day, other times I won't get them for days/weeks at a time. 😕

For example, I received one yesterday at 950 am but none for the rest of the day (until 7pm) when I know I didn't meet the goal, at all. I got less than 2K steps (sprained ankle). This has been (step count) the same for a few weeks now and yesterday was the ONLY RTM buzz I received in the whole time.

Best Answer

I've had this problem on and off for the past few weeks.  I got it working last time after rebooting the device several times and fiddling with the notification and RTM settings.

I had to get a new phone this week and today I finally remembered to turn on the notifications on the phone.  As soon as I did that RTM stopped working.  I've restarted the device again and fiddled with the settings again and am hoping that it'll have sorted itself out again on Monday (I don't get RTM at the weekend).

I'm a bit naffed off about today as I missed one hour by about 3 steps because I wasn't reminded to move.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any solution? I miss my reminder.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spoke with customer service today about my RTM's not working. Explained to them that I tried all the suggestions I could find in the forums with no success. They are sending me a new tracker. I'm grateful for the support but I find it frustrating that Fitbit is not agreeing on a solution. Some folks report being told a software fix is in the works and others are getting new trackers. I urge anyone with this problem to stop waiting for a software fix and call customer support to get a new tracker. Interesting how I've had to have both my trackers replaced in the first six months of owning them. I've been a strong Fitbit supporter but these problems are slowly changing my opinion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now the problem is that changing the networks environment (e.g., from my home network to the mobile one) makes the RTM to stop working. It is really odd that this is going on since the latest update. 

Best Answer

I was having the same problem.  I went to the clock face on the fitbit itself and held in the button and up popped "turn on notifications".  Perhaps I turned them off without knowing?  Hope that works!

Best Answer

Just found that the Reminders to Move only works on my Sony Xperia XA if the Bluetooth is turned off. It is really weird that before the updates that have come out since December of the last year everything was working fine. Shame on you, Fitbit. Don't understand why making useless updates that serve only for bothering the users. If you are experiencing issues with your RTM, just synchronize your device (Fitbit app) to your tracker before turning off your Bluetooth. The problem with this approach is that you will get your RTM notifications but won't get calls/text/messages because your Bluetooth is turned off. Again, shame on you Fitbit...Realy odd.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is exactly what I did! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed it for me. Not another problem since!

--

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and contains
information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender immediately. You are
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just complementing what I posted previously, please don't forget to go to Advanced Settings, then turn ON Automatic location button. Also, do not forget to keep your Notifications ON in your tracker. So, if you are still experiencing the lack of reminders to move notifications, just turn OFF your Bluetooth, and you will get your RTM thereafter. If you are receiving your RTM normally with your Bluetooth on, then it is alright. Keep it ON, though. However, based on my own experience you will have trouble when you move to another network (e.g., if you go from your house to the University or if you need your mobile internet), then your RTM won't work either if you do not turn your Bluetooth OFF. It is pretty annoying to understand why Fitbit did this silly thing. 

If this step by step doesn't work for you, uninstall your Fitbit app, install it again and follow what I have mentioned from the very beginning of this post, and you will get back your RTM.

As I said before, this is crazy because if you turn OFF your Bluetooth you will get RTM right away but won't get notifications of calls/messages and so on because your Bluetooth is OFF.

This was the fix I found for my Sony Xperia XA to get RTM, which has Android 6.0 installed.

Hope I helped you to solve the issue, at least temporarily, until the smart software engineers at Fitbit give us a definitive fix for it and close this case forever.

Best Answer

My Bluetooth is almost always off and the RTM notifications do not work.

I'm getting the impression there is no fix, just that messing with the settings jogs them back into existence. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reminder to move is controlled by a setting, and your app or web dashboard needs access to the Internet. 

First settings is to decide if you want them on

Second setting is to decide what hours you want to be reminded. 

Now you need sync, the tracker setting changes from your fitbit account to your tracker. This requires establishing both an Internet and a Bluetooth connection. 

Once a successful sync has happened, the Bluetooth is out of the picture. 

RTMs are handled from within the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went back to the original place of purchase last night and exchanged my 4 month old Charge 2 for a brand new one. RTM's are still not working! Had a long discussion with the Fitbit support folks. They checked all of my account and tracker settings and confirmed that they are correct. They finally admitted to me that there is a firmware glitch that is affecting the RTM's. The glitch was introduced in firmware version 22.14.48 released last December. There is no estimate on timing for a fix. Some folks are able to fix the glitch by using one or more of the many fixes suggested in this thread. Some folks are not able to fix the glitch. Fitbit support offered no other solution or compensation but to wait for a firmware fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my Charge 2 this past weekend, and this was an odd one considering I clearly enabled it on the app. 

Your post was the first thing I tried after I gave up fixing on my own.  Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes