Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting HR on app doesn't match with Web Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My resting heart rate number is consistently out of sync between devices.  My Fit Bit and ap are in sync but my online account is always 1 beat higher.  How can I fix this?  Which one is correct?

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey there @LIM43, it's nice to see you around the forums! Not really sure what would be causing this but what I would recommend would be restarting your tracker. Also, on your app, log out of it by going to the lower right corner, tap on Account and here, scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on "Log out of app" and then, log back in with the same email address and password.

This should get everything back to normality in the case any adjustment was not working fine and should make everything to match.

PS:  I moved your post to the iOS App as there are more chances to get app related replies here.

Hope this gets you back on track. Let me know how it goes!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, thanks for your reply, however I'm afraid this hasn't worked.  Followed your steps and still, my app and fitbit device match, but my online account is still 1 beat higher than my other 2 devices.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue as LIM43 incidentally app is Android in this case. Any solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue using a Charge 3, the Android app, and the website. Surely the company is aware of this bug!

Best Answer

same issue here. Charge 3, iOS. It's been going on forever (probably since I got my first fitbit, which was a charge 1, then charge 2...), meaning it's been there through thousands of restarts, app (and tracker) upgrades, etc. Web dashboard constantly shows 1 beat higher RHR than the app (which is in sync with what the tracker shows).

Not that it mattered that much by now - what matters for me the most is the trend/movement, especially since the difference in level is only 1bpm, but still. It is kind of annoying, knowing that the bug is there (how many more bugs may there be which I haven't noticed yet?) and also that apparently Fitbit doesn't seem to give a **ahem**.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JarkaB -

It is more of a decision on how FfitBit finalizes the math and plotting - so it is more of a design flaw than a bug, but it comes across as a bug nonetheless.

In both the mobile app and the Web Dashboard, the Resting Heart Rate values are displayed in integer values.

In the mobile app the RHR rounded to the nearest integer and plotted as the resultant integer value. Below, the August 18 - 21 values are rounded to 63, 64, 64 and 63 (more on this in the next paragraph).

IMG_0376.png

In the Web Dashboard the decimal fraction value is plotted but plotted values are labeled with the integer value -  no rounding up or down. In the graphic below, all of the labels for August 18 - 21 show as 64 bpm when they are clearly not the same plot. Remember, August 18 was 63 in the mobile app.

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 11.04.34 AM.png

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

Hi MrMarv,

thank you for the explanation. However, it doesn't make sense to me completely. For example, in your specific example of August 18 with 63 in the mobile app (supposed to be rounded) and 64 (not supposed to be rounded, raw number, just integer reported) in the web dashboard - how could a value of 64.x (64.0-64.9) be rounded to 63? It's rather that 63.x (63.5-63.9) (from the mobile app) could be rounded up to 64 (in the web dashboard).

So, at first I thought you accidentally mixed it up and it's the other way round (i.e. mobile app is not rounded and web dashboard is - that would make sense looking at the number series in both examples), but then it doesn't make sense for the chart in the web dashboard to not to be linear for the same value (if these are indeed the rounded ones). It would make sense to me if the number reported as value in the web dashboard was indeed rounded, but the web dashboard chart would be based on unrounded (raw) numbers (same as numbers reported in the mobile app, except those are only integers).

So I presume a version of this (different reporting/number handling in different places) is indeed at play, but I'd still say it's a bug - it could be quite confusing (and could make people think there's something wrong with their app/tracker). It's for sure not something that should be hard to fix.

Never mind, thanks again for the explanation. 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JarkaB -

Senior moment on my part.

The web plots the decimal value and then rounds the label to the nearest integer e.g. 4/5 rounding.

The app takes the integer value with no rounding and plots that value as well as labeling with that value.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer

No worries, I have that kind of moments all the time 🙂 (that's why I wasn't sure if I am missing something).

Thanks a lot again for the explanation, it helped a lot!

Best Answer
0 Votes