Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen is going crazy and it changes itself all of the sudden repeatedly until is discharged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit charge 2 was working very well until one day I woke up and it started to change the screen itself with no reason until the battery discharged, so I decided to charge it and do a manual reset but without succes.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Mine is doing that too. I updated it. Charged it, shut it off, hooked it up to my lap top. Nothing is working! I took a video with my phone to post but it won't let me post a video.

Best Answer

Mine is doing it as well. It’s updated as well as far as what was supposed to be. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Restarting my device only gives a short-term solution as at any point it might start doing it again and render the device useless until all battery life is gone.

Update: After spending some time with customer support and sending them a video of the situation they sent a replacement my way. Yes I was the lucky one (relatively - still unlucky for this issue) to be under warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Same situation, and there is no fix. Talked to agent last night. There is no fix for problem being reset doesn’t resolve issue. If you bought it and are under 365 days you might be under warranty. Otherwise you can be given discount for new purchase. Which doesn’t fix problem for future users.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ugh. I was on fitbit support chat last night too. He had me reset it 3 times in a row and it was ok for a little while and I went to bed. Then when I put it on in the morning, same thing. Crazy scrolling screen. And I've had mine for 2 years, no warranty left.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Yeah! That’s the sucky part no warranty no fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has started doing this too, it works one minute then goes crazy changing the screens repeatedly. Is there any fix?? I’m out of warranty as I’ve had mine for a few years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit decides it wants to go crazy and screens turns on and off by its self.  Have you been able to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Msdrea928 It's good that the community is growing! 

Let me help you with this. You don't mention any troubleshoots so I suggest you restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes