cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Edition price

SOLVED

Why is the Special edition $30 more? does it do anything different besides just look different?

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@babyblueut The Black/Gunmetal Charge 2 Special Edition includes a matte-black gunmetal tracker with a beveled black Classic band, and the Lavender/Rose Gold Charge 2 rose gold tracker with a quilted lavender Classic band.

Both the Charge 2 and the Special Edition Charge 2 have the same features, but as @WendyB mentioned, the Special Edition Charge 2 has different band and tracker color than the Charge 2.

Hope this answers your question and welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
5 REPLIES

It doesnt do anything different. Just a different band

Wendy | California
Ionic, One, Charge 2, Surge, Blaze, Alta HR, and Aria | Windows 10 | Android Moto G4
Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.
Accepted Solution

@babyblueut The Black/Gunmetal Charge 2 Special Edition includes a matte-black gunmetal tracker with a beveled black Classic band, and the Lavender/Rose Gold Charge 2 rose gold tracker with a quilted lavender Classic band.

Both the Charge 2 and the Special Edition Charge 2 have the same features, but as @WendyB mentioned, the Special Edition Charge 2 has different band and tracker color than the Charge 2.

Hope this answers your question and welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Accepted Solution
0 Votes

@DerrickFitbit Can you say whether the leather bands will be updated when the Special Additions launch so that the metal clasps on them will be black/rose gold to match the finishes of the Special Addition trackers?

Accepted Solution

I noticed that Amazon has these replacement Charge 2 bands with the "special edition" beveled band look.  They don't ship until November, but if you make use of the DigiHero discount codes further down the page, you can get 10% off 1, 20% off 2, 30% off 3, and 40% off 4.  I ordered 2 of the black bands, and I was only charged $13.97 - no MN tax, no shipping.  Hopefully the bands are of high quality.

Accepted Solution
0 Votes
I just e-mailed Fitbit asking the same question. They must have replacemt bands with matching rose gold clasps for the special edition. Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have matching clasps for the special edition.
Accepted Solution