Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker not found, unable to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of sudden ,I keep getting Tracker not found message and unable to sync. Charge 2 and my phone is LG XPower. Already restarted twice both Charge 2 and phone. I've used the same Charge 2 and phone for 6 month, this issue started last night.

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

I am having the same issues. I have not been able to sync for a week. It keeps saying it can't find my Charge 2. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I keep getting the message "sync error. Tracker not foynd". Have turned my phone off and restarted, unlinked all devices from Bluetooth and then linked them again, and still can't get it to sync. Was there ansoftware update today?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ill assume everyone above has an Android device? 

Have you restarted the Charge 2? 

Removed the Charge 2 from the phones Bluetooth settings? 

Cleared the fitbit's cache? 

Cleared unneeded apps out of memory? 

Killed the Fitbit app? 

Open Fitbit and tried to sync? If this fails, restart phone, I often then see that Fitbit synced 10 minutes ago. 

The steps above are extreme, most likely every step is not needed. When you find the ones that work, try them first should their be a next time. 

Also lets look at fitbits help docs if you haven't yet. 

Best Answer

Rebooted Charge 2 & phone several times. Turn on and off Bluetooth and Location several times. Finally uninstalled then reinstalled Fitbit app, again reboot & on and off. Not sure which steps resolved this issue but finally Charge 2 is talking to my phone. I do believe this issue started after the most recent Fitbit app updates. 

Best Answer

I was only able to restore full functionality by rolling back the app version to 2.63. Before that I could only sync by unpairing and then setting up the tracker again. If I turned bluetooth off I had to do the same steps over again. It is definitely an issue with the latest version and I've chatted with support personnel about it. They claim that the ticket will be passed up the ladder.

Best Answer

So as I guessed this is caused by app updates. I was able to sync last night after uninstall, reinstall, reboot, on and off Bluetooth. However this issue came back again, Tracker not found. I even reached out to Fitbit Chat support, they told me to force quit then reboot. Seems Fitbit support do not have resolution yet on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to roll back to the previous version of the app by finding an APK of version 2.63 on the web. I don't recommend that unless you're comfortable with tech stuff like that as getting APKs from "non trusted sources" could cause more problems than it can solve. Definitely an advanced level solution to something that shouldn't even be a problem.

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 6s with the same issue. Done all the steps to try to fix it. Still not syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also have the same problem ... only got my charge 2 yesterday (Friday)! It was a 50% off deal because my alta died on me after only 18 months, so extremely annoyed to say the least.

Got it working yesterday, but today wouldn't sync. Came on here and tried everything suggested ... all of it (except the techie stuff suggested),  which has taken me hours I will never get back. I finally  it syncing, then thought better sync again to check it's still working, and it wouldn't. Checked my bluetooth and it was no longer paired, tried finding it and couldn't. Turned bt off and on - nope; restarted tracker, restarted phone, tried again but tracker still couldn't be found by my phone (Samsung note 3). Last time I also deleted the cache, nope, so deleted the fitbit app and then reinstalled it, but I'm not going through that again to get one measly sync. After my Alta I am at the point of insisting I can return this charge 2, so I can get my money back and go elsewhere ... this is ludicrous, I've had it ONE DAY!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much for this info. Yes when I unpaired Charge 2, it did work
for one time then I had to do the same steps again and again. Hope Fitbit
support figure this out quickly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this problem, Tracker not found and not syncing with phone, but at the same time it will sync with my tablet and also installed the app on my husbands phone and it will sync with that as well, but not with my phone?? I tried the steps, it works and then it doesn't.. it's very intermittent, sometimes work, sometimes not, very frustrating to say the least!... Not sure why it works with my tablet and my husbands phone, but not mine?? Man Sad

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I also have the issue. I did all the steps and it doesn't work. But I noticed one thing which might be helpful. My sync works only when my Charge 2 has full battery. When it has even 95% then bluetooth in the device stops working and it is not visible for any of my devices (android tablet and windows 10 computer)... i don't know what happened, but I am extremly mad, because I am using Charge 2 for about 3 weeks... I will probably send it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

And the problem with sync started yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Valkyrienz since you have installed the app on several devices, we are not sure which device the tracker is connected to.. You will need to move the iPad and your husband's phone at least 50 feet away, or turn their Bluetooth off. 

Best Answer
1. And this is big. Never had a problem till this update.
2. Fiitbit installed on my phone and my laptop. Spouse's phone and IPad do
not have fitbit installed. Use WiFi for laptop. House is 47 feet wide. Not
going outside.
3. Please fix the programming error. See #1.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did turn off their bluetooth, then went outside and it worked with my phone, but it seems it's intermittent.. sometimes it works, sometimes not... very frustrating...

Best Answer

Hey everyone, thanks for your reports! 

@Heechan @MistyRaeC @walkerDB @bsarge @Yorkiefan @Valkyrienz @Ann_angl I first suggest attempting what @Rich_Laue suggested above.

Another thing to consider whenever you guys are experiencing connectivity issues is making sure that your mobile devices are listed as compatible with the Fitbit App in fitbit.com/devicesSometimes non compatible devices may meet all the requirements by the system allowing them to sync intermittently even when they are not listed. But, for example LG XPower is not supported yet and tested by our development team this connectivity may not always be successful.

If possible, try syncing via a device listed as supported or using a computer. Our team is always working to test and add more devices to the supported devices list, so keep an eye open for updates!

Now, if your mobile devices are listed as compatible, then I suggest going through the set up process again:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your Charge 2 and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

I really hope this helps guys. Feel free to post back! 

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I have been using my LG Xpower for last 6 month, did not have this issue till last app update. If connectivity with unsupported phone is the reason, every single Fitbit should have compatibility warning clearly posted on box ! So we don't buy it if our phone is not incompatible

Best Answer

I get a partial sync to my iPhone 6s. However I meet my hourly goals, my dashboard on my phone shows nothing.  It looks like my steps are being counted, but my goals are not being met, even though I get notices when I meet my step goal - really weird?

And this just started yesterday as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes