Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to Set Time Manually

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a new Charge 2 in the limited edition purple. It looks great and is an upgrade from my old Charge HR which started splitting and finally stopped working. Moving on.  

My frustration with the Charge 2 is this. I've set my time on my IPhone to 15mins faster- just so I get to places on time. But by doing that, the iPhone app refuses to sync. Only by setting iPhone time to automatic could I get it to sync again.

Besides that, I find it unbelievable that there is no way (that I'm aware of) to set the time of your Fitbit manually. The only way is by changing  the timezone. Surely the Fitbit which is a watch should allow manual time set. I hope there'll be an update. Or at least for the Fitbit to sync with my iPhone time when it isn't set to automatic. So frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Sugarnectar wrote:

Surely the Fitbit which is a watch should allow manual time set.

@Sugarnectar, the Fitbit Charge 2 is not designed to be a watch, it is a Fitness Tracker.  If you were allowed to set your tracker 15 minutes ahead, you would be performing activities in the future which could not be synced with the Fitbit server where the data is stored, nor would it work with challenges, the leaderboard, etc.  You might want to view this post on the same subject:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Changing-time-display-to-10-minutes-ahead/m-p/1881091#M3634...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Larry. I know it's a fitness tracker but it isn't solely a fitness tracker. If that was the case why come up with fitbits with different features. Why market the newer fitbits with these additional features? 

If the tracker is able to multi-task, to include time if still doesn't make sense to me that you can't adjust the time manually. A 10-15min time difference isn't going to affect me completing the challenges. Do you see what I mean? 

Best Answer

You work for Fitbit seems like. You all suck.

Best Answer
0 Votes