Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight loss not correct

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my fitbit for Christmas.  I thought I set it up right.  I tried to add a new weight, and even though I have lost weight, it says no weight loss.  The weight is correct on each day, but total weight loss is not recorded on app.  Is there a way to "start over", but start over with the beginning date, not todays date?  I want to see my progress.  Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello my friend @CookieMonster38, it's nice to see you around! To start over, this can be edited on your Dashboard.com and not the app. Here are the steps:

1. Go to your Dashboard 
  2. Go to the "Log" section at the top of the dashboard
  3. Click on Food Plan, until you see the option "edit" 
  4. Enter your new date and weight.
  5. Click Save.

dateofweightloss.png

dateofweightloss1.png

dateofweightloss2.png

Hope this helps my friend! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello my friend @CookieMonster38, it's nice to see you around! To start over, this can be edited on your Dashboard.com and not the app. Here are the steps:

1. Go to your Dashboard 
  2. Go to the "Log" section at the top of the dashboard
  3. Click on Food Plan, until you see the option "edit" 
  4. Enter your new date and weight.
  5. Click Save.

dateofweightloss.png

dateofweightloss1.png

dateofweightloss2.png

Hope this helps my friend! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thank you!! worked perfectly!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have set up the weight goal several times but it doesn't save. Every time I go back to it, it shows 'set up' even though I did before! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great @CookieMonster38Smiley Very Happy I'm glad to hear it worked! 

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for jumping up here! Hmmm... are you trying to update your weight on the Fitbit app? Have you tried on a computer?

If you're trying to do this through a computer, please clear your cookies and cache. 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

no this is through the app. You go to:

Account - Nutrition & body - food.

this is where you set up your goals. No matter how much I fill in my goal and save it it never appears in my food intake dashboard and when looking at comparisons calories in vs calories out, my goal doesn't show up their either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, it works!  It would be nice if the mobile dashboard (phone) app could be adapted to do this.  Everytime I thought I was successful with the phone, it messed everything up.  Wish I had thought to go to forum first!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weight was 204.6 lbs on April 1, 2017. Today, June 24th, my weight is 184.6, a loss of 20 lbs. But even though I followed the instructions about correcting the mistake being made by Fitbit, which says that I have only lost 19.9 lbs, I can't get it to change to 20 lbs. Can you help me with this please?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I had the same problem and it is solved now

Best Answer
0 Votes