Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 Gps not connecting, no Bluetooth sharing option

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I am hoping someone can help me. I purchased a charge 2 and it seems to be working fine. Only problem I am having is connecting to the GPS on my iPhone 6. 

I have followed the the set up steps but under settings on the Fitbit area I don't have the Bluetooth sharing option at all. I am unsure why. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it but still does not come up. My other half has an iPhone 5 and it appears under the setting. I have spent hours on live chat with Fitbit and they have escalated it but now have come back saying it must be an issue with my phone. I am on the latest iOS and not sure what else to do. 

If anyone can help me plz I will appreciate it. Otherwise I feel I have wasted £120 on this charge 2 which took me a while to save up. 

Thank you

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Azzik, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

If you'd like to use connected GPS with your Charge 2, first, please go to your phone Settings > Privacy > Location Services and make sure they're enabled, then scroll down and tap on Fitbit and make sure Always is selected.

GPS2.png

Then, please start a GPS activity such as walk, run or bike. Your tracker will display a message when attempting to connect with your phone to use connected GPS, make sure your Wi-fi and Bluetooth are enabled, then open the Fitbit app. A pop-up should appear asking you to pair the tracker with your phone's Bluetooth. 

GPS.png

Click on Pair, then wait for a couple of seconds, your tracker will display a message indicating it has connected with your phone and you will be able to track your path using connected GPS. Remember that you will need to take your phone with you in order for the path to be recorded, otherwise, the connection will drop.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following your sequence, that pop up requesting Bluetooth sharing doesn't appear. The one asking to turn on location services just pops up again

Best Answer

I didn't get a pop up asking me to pair only the above pop up. When I open settings the below screen appears.I didn't get a pop up asking me to pair only the above pop up. When I open settings the below screen appears.

IMG_1984.PNG

Thanks for your msg unfortunately it didn't work, the pairing pop up msg didn't appear only the pop up for settings first screen shot. When I click open setting second screen shot appears but no Bluetooth sharing option is present there. 

Best Answer

What if I don't have a tracker?  Will my charge 2 and iPhone 6+ keep track of outside bike rides?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Bluetooth sharing option is Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth sharing. However mine is not connecting either. My tracker is connected via Bluetooth to my phone for syncing, but I guess both gps and I can't get it to give me anything other than that same first GPS error message in your screenshot. 

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the same problem, did you get any resolution? Just spent ages on live chat with Fitbit and they've gone off to investigate further. Based on your experience, it's not looking hopeful!

Best Answer
Unfortunately they couldn't help so I have been using the Fitbit app for now
Best Answer

Fitbit have you found a solution to this problem? i am experiencing the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 with IOS 12. sharing is set to always but if i go to bluetooth sharing the fit bit app dose not appear, i get the same message  pictured below. please help

Best Answer
I realised the problem was my phone for some reason the GPS wasn't connecting. I changed my phone and it worked perfectly. Maybe get in touch with apple see if they can help. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same exact problem with my new Versa that I got today. Nothing under fitbit settings or Bluetooth Sharing. Just got off the phone with fitbit and they said they would escalate the case. Why did I just spend $200 on something that doesn't work?

Best Answer
0 Votes