Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we turn off the Charge 3?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am thinking of upgrading my charge 2 to a charge 3, can anyone let me know if it has an on/off button. I would like to turn off when I ride a motorbike as it always counts steps and it's a pain having to delete activites etc. It would be so much easier if o could simply turn off when I ride and then turn back on when I've finished.  Thank you 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@Anni1971 I don't think so but I am sure one of the moderators would have better knowledge than I do about this.

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not certain either but we have been told it will have the same Operating System as the Ionic and Versa and you can turn those off in the Settings App so I think the answer to your question is Yes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would also suggest you look at the third-party app DriveBit which helps automate logging a Driving activity to negate steps.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Anni1971 @JohnnyRow @SunsetRunner @kk15405, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

@Anni1971 Thanks for your interest in purchasing Fitbit products. The new Fitbit Charge 3 doesn't have any option to be turned off. If necessary, there are some workarounds to negate the extra steps:

1. You can manually log driving on your Dashboard. It can be done before or after your commute.

2. Charge your Fitbit Charge 2 while on the road (while your tracker is being charged it doesn't count your activities). 

3. Like @JohnnyRow mentioned, you can download the app DriveBit.

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to get in touch with us again.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My New Charge 3 charges, Android App recognizes it.  As soon as I take it off the charger it dies!  Customer service talked need thru shutting down.  I think it shut down once properly. Grrrrrr

Best Answer

@paka955 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 doesn't work properly. According to your comment, it seems that you have performed a restart already. In order to help you, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check out your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine won’t sync to my iOS.. super frustrated 

Best Answer

I am having the exact problem. My new Charge 3 worked for one day and hasn’t synced with the Fitbit app on my iPhone since 4PM yesterday.  I’ve followed all of the suggested remedies and nothing has worked. 

Luckily, I still have the box and send it back.  My Charge 2 still works fine. 

Best Answer

same here. hasn't synced since noon yesterday.  very frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Stephnhafner @Thombr00 @estimatedprophe, it's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for trying to resolve the problem before getting in touch. If syncing doesn't finish or isn't working in the background, please plug your Charge 3 into the charger and restart it, and then manually sync your Charge 3 while it’s still in the charger.

@Thombr00 I'm sorry to hear that you returned your Charge 3. Our team is constantly working to improve the Fitbit experience and appreciate all the feedback.

Hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you drive a lot buy something else.

The only way to not log loads of extra steps is to manually set that period as driving through the website, or to use DriveBit which does the same thing for you via an app.

Currently today I've done 743 steps.  I rode my motorbike to work which recorded 7500 extra steps and 100 floors, used DriveBit to negate all that so my step/floor count is correct but now my daily exercise goal is complete as I have a 1hr8m 'exercise' of Driving logged.

Oh and you can't turn it off.

Best Answer
I have a hr I’ll send mine back too. How sad honestly
Best Answer
0 Votes

I took the most recent software update and did the restart mentioned above. The Charge 3 is working perfectly now. Try this before giving up on the Charge 3. Thanks!

Best Answer

Mine has stopped working after only a few days of receiving. Green light flashing, no screen and it won’t connect to Bluetooth or sync. How do I restart? Let the battery die? Charge 3 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Plug it into the charger and then hold the button for 8 seconds. You’ll get a smiley face on it and it’ll restart.
Best Answer
0 Votes
That didn’t work either
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys, thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

@Thombr00 I'm glad to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 is working perfectly, thanks for letting us know.

@Freon-Leon If after performing the restart you are still having difficulties with your Tracker, please let me know.

@LawrenceH Thanks for your help.

@Stephnhafner I created a case with Customer Support. Please keep an eye on your inbox during the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

keep on stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you,
I was going to send it back, however I’ll wait a few days.
Best Answer
0 Votes