Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my new charge 3 is blank and when I charge it and try to restart it using the side button it just vibrates with a blank screen.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
948 REPLIES 948

I was randomly having this same issue with my screen going blank. Now today it has been off for 20 minutes. Battery life is fine and I’ve tried plugging in and holding button down. Will not come back on. Had decide for only 1-2 weeks. Should I contact store purchased at or Apple? 

Best Answer
I was able to put the Fitbit on the charger... Which is not very user
friendly. While on the charger I held the side button for about 10
seconds. Again which is not user friendly, especially if you have large
fingers. I then got a smiley face on the screen. Disconnected cable from
charger, and had worked fine... Do far
Best Answer

Had the same issue of the fitbit working perfectly, being at plenty of charge (roughly 60%) and all of a sudden the screen was blank and would not come back on. When pressing the side button it would vibrate and if held continue to vibrate. I tried different intervals of 10 seconds, 30 seconds and finally a minute. When I got home to where I had the charging cable I plugged it in and still no screen response and the side buttons would make it vibrate only. However, this time when I held the button for a long period of time it vibrated for about 8 seconds and quit and while still holding then vibrated about 8 again and quit. I let go and it started up with the next push of the button with a smiley face. No clue why this worked and why I could get it to respond in any way but at a couple weeks old it seems there may be some bugs in the hardware or new os as this is the first time i've had unresponsive screen, but the first time it didn't allow me to restart it.

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to me like 3 times within 12 days of owning the device. I realize if I just leave it be overnight, the battery will magically drain to 0 (from almost fully charged) and I can then charge/restart and use it normally again. This is a really annoying issue though I think I’ll be returning the device unless they fix the problem.

Best Answer

Sam issue. Charge 3 was charged and working fine during a workout. All of a sudden there is a black screen and it won’t restart.

Best Answer

This is the exact same issue with mine !! 

Best Answer

This just happened to me

moments ago. My screen went blank randomly and it had been charged this weekend. The screen wouldn’t turn on and would vibrate incessantly if I touched the impression on the side. Im really frustrated because now that I reset it (Which took a moment to do), it says it’s suddenly at 6%, when it was almost fully charged before this! What is going on? 

Best Answer

I've had my Fitbit Charge 3 - worked fine for 1 week .... recharged it the other night - worked fine - then last night blank screen .... same problem as everyone else!  Screen blank - try to re-change - nothing .... hold down the button to re-set - still nothing ....Ugh - going to return it but not happy ..... anyone have it longer than a couple of weeks????

Best Answer
I let mine go dead, and then I put it back on charge and it worked again. So fingers crossed yours will work again!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks so much for your reply .... I actually tried that - kept it off all
day today - tried to charge it ... still blank. Tried to hold button ....
still blank.
Bringing it back to get a new one - I really want it to work because I
really really like the display and band.
Best Answer
I was really annoyed with mine too. I haven’t had it long either, I really hope you don’t have hassle when having a new one!

I hope this was a one off with mine, otherwise I will also be sending mine back x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Returned it .... only a week old. Crossing my fingers on the new one. Just charged it up - so far so good!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Same thing happened to me today and my Fitbit showed 86% battery after holding the button down to reset it.

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 I just got and it was working fine it was completely charged and set up I tried to change the clock face it said need to install and when it was installing the screen went black and it said error on my phone. So I switched back to the old clock and nothing changed the screen is still black, so I plugged it in and nothing changed no vibration nothing just black 

Best Answer

So, my first Fitbit didn’t work at all, so they sent me a new one saying mine had hardware issues. After using the new one for 2 days it died during a work out as well! It has over 80 percent charge. I tried charging it and resetting it to no avail. Nothing came up on the screen although it does vibrate when I attempt to reset it. This is now two brand new Fitbit Charge 3s that have failed. This is also countless of hours and days on the phone with customer service and tech, on forums, sending emails, etc. Fitbit lost a customer and I’ve shared my story and will continue to share my story with my friends/family as well as Best Buy and the various tech stores in my area. So disappointed! 😞 Worst birthday present ever lol 

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat ....

I returned my first FitBit Charger 3 two days ago because screen suddenly went blank after a week using it and charging it no problem.  Returned it - got a new one .... charged it up - synced it wore it for 2 days and suddenly screen in blank again 😞  Soooooooooooooo not happy with this.

HEY FITBIT - Do any of the Charge 3 work?

Returning mine AGAIN

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also going to return my fresh out of the box fitbit. Never worn! Thankfully amazon is good with returns. My screen was blank and never worked. Thought it was just me not being able to figure out a fitbit until I searched the forums and realized people having the same trouble. I'm pretty bummed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m sorry to hear that. I know the feeling. Best of luck to you on a smoother process next time around. Here’s to hopin! 🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. My Charge 3 suddenly started vibrating. Then, no display, and no sync with app on phone. Tried plugging it; no change. Pressed side button for long time; it was vibrating but no response whatsoever. I saw smiley face briefly but no sync and other display otherwise. Now, i've left on charger. Useless 

I bought my Charge 3 Oct 8th and returned it for replacement Oct 26th. The problem was no display but watch was syncing with phone.  Now nothing. I'm returning it to shop for refund or replacement with another brand. No more fitbits for me

Best Answer

It happened just now.

Holding the side button, either while the fitbit is charging or not, does not help, even for over 1 minute.

The app says a firware update is available, but it cannot install it on the device.

Hope it's going to be better tomorrow by cheer luck, I really don't need that now on top of the other things.

From Liège, Belgium.
Best Answer
0 Votes