Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen went blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got this yesterday and the screen is already black and won’t turn on. Very very disappointed, looks like it’s a common issue. I’d rethink getting this, a shame it’s so common for the anticipation of this... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
576 REPLIES 576

It WORKED!!! Thank you 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me, thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine screen has gone black, still had charge. Responsive to calls and texts, as it vibrates but can’t see anything. It’s logging steps on the app. This is a new Fitbit for Christmas, had Fitbit Alta before, no trouble! Very disappointed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
so many of us got this new charge, sure hope they fix the problem!!Did you try the reset or change the clock face? Seems to work for just about everyone

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fab thanks for this.. all working now. 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great I'm glad it worked!!! 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!  Thanks for sharing! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh my gosh it worked after a couple times thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the solution. The 8 sec hold was the key. Glad I can love my Fitbit Charge 3 again 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah!!!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine this Christmas.  Very disappointed because,  I had issues with my Blaze as well.  Now I have 2 fit bits with software issues?  I did the recommendation and thankfully,  it has come on however,  you need to make sure  consumers are aware before selling your products at full prices.  We pay for quality not to have issues to continue to resolve after purchasing. Would love to send both my fit bits back and get something more reliable. 

Best Answer

Hiya,

thanks for your tip !

my charge 3 went blank, I tried it and it works !

thanks a lot!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine and apologize for the delay in response.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves. It's great to know that for most of you this problem has been resolved and that your trackers are working properly. If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Now if you keep having issues, I recommend restarting your trackers. If the restart process doesn't work, try to change your clock face by following the instructions provide in the help article How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Also, keep in mind that we are moderating this thread for users who can't turn off their devices. If you are experiencing other issues or have a feature suggestion or improvement, I encourage you to find a similar thread, check out the feature suggestion board or start a new thread.

See you around. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the recommended fix, it worked fine. One little tip: there’s a slot in the charging end of the charger that you have to get your finger into. Next time I’ll use the round end of a paperclip. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!
Worked like a charm!

z

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's charge 3 had this problem yesterday, two weeks old! Screen went blank even though it had charge, I contacted support and was told to do the 8 second reset (no luck) followed by a 15 second rest (no luck) followed by a change of clock fact (still no luck). The device vibrates when I press the side but doesn't appear to reset. When trying to change the watch face the device can't be found and won't connect. Next step is to contact support again today.

I have has fitbits in the past with no problem and this is a little disappointing, my wife was going to buy an apple watch but chose this as it was slimmer and better value I think she is regretting her decision now. She had read that some have had issues but decided to give it a go, again disappointing for it to break so soon. I will update after contacting support today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

screen came back, thanks

i thought my fitbit is damage or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This reset worked. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Ginboo! I'm glad to hear that the recommendations worked for you. As for the little tip you provided, I wanted to mention that we do not recommend putting anything, including a paperclip, into the hole on the Charge 3 body as the hole is for the altimeter and this can cause damage to the tracker.

It's nice to see you all around here @Saliya@zschlappi@jomega, and @Kandyh! I'm so happy to hear that you are back on track! Smiley Very Happy

Hey there @5cramblez! Sorry to hear that your wife's Charge 3 is still having difficulties. If you've contacted our Support Team. I will highly recommend getting back to them to the open case, I'm pretty sure they will be more than glad to further assistance with this. 

If there's any question present, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes