Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won’t sync and won’t pair after removing it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know there are only like 3 people that have this device right now, but if anyone else that has it can check...is yours syncing ok? Mine last synced 4 hours ago and when trying to force a manual sync it wouldn’t get past “looking.” I tried the usual fixes - turning bluetooth off and on, removing the C3 from the app and my phone and attempting to re-add it, power cycling my phone...nothing works. The user manual says to press the side button for 8 seconds to reset, but all that does is bring up the screen wake/notifications toggle screen. Just issues due to it being new/unreleased, or is it possible it crapped out on me already?!

Current::: Charge 3, Aria /// Retired::: Flex, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Charge 2
Best Answer
731 REPLIES 731

I managed to fix the issue by plugging the C3 into the mains and using the adaptor. I then held side button until a smiley face appeared and now all good again - but I guess this may be a recurring issue until the next patch update?

Best Answer

Having the same issue!!! Won’t even pair with my phone (iPhone 😎 OR my work phone (iPhone 7s plus) now. 

Best Answer

See my above message - I plugged mine into the mains attached to charger and held the button until the smiley face appeared now its all good 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I already tried it. It worked one time, but some hours later it looses the connection again. And now your Tip isn't working again. 😞 

I don't think the issue is solved.

Best Answer

Had it 24 hours. Synced, updated, worked all day until 9:11pm then stopped syncing.  Tried all here. Tried charging. Doesn’t seem to charge anymore.  Tried to reboot on the charger cable but no luck.  It randomly vibrates like it is getting intermittent presses.  No indication if charging or rebooting.  Lemon? Have rebooted phone Bluetooth off/on removed device etc.  help!

Best Answer

Hey. Mine was doing the same. I found if I turned the auto sync off it would sync easide when forced. I did this with my

old charge HR as I didn’t want it to sync all the time as I found Bluetooth killed my phones battery. So only ever sync’d when I did it automatically. Hope you’ve managed to sort yours out. X

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried reinstalling the app, reset the device a few times and it eventually stops syncing. The silent alarm didn't even go off this morning even though it's showing on the fitbit itself. Shouldn't have to be resetting things every/every other day for it to work properly. Only had to restart my Alta HR once or twice over the entire 18 months. I'm so close to returning the Charge 3, it's pretty useless

Best Answer

I have the same exact issue.

This is no solution as your data is being lost.

Fitbit should look into this immediately.

Best Answer

Wouw, what a lot of reactions. Many disappointed new FBC3 users. When does Fitbit respond? And still no answer. Well, I made my decision.
My FBC3 immediately goes back to the store. And now, going back to FBC2? At the moment much cheaper due to the introduction of the FBC3. And much more reliable. Or another brand, maybe more expensive but less annoyance ..... 

Best Answer

I am first time user of fit bit - waited for the charge 3 to come out - only to find on second day it would not sync - have followed the 8 second rule - and success it worked - but another problem is that I have a large bruse on wrist bone - and not because wearing it to tight - most disappointing - feel like kid at Christmas whose toy broken on Boxing Day 

Best Answer

I think you are right.  Fitbit seems to be going the way of Q uicken (and that aint good)

Best Answer

I'm having the Bluetooth issue to - but no access to my charger until tomorrow - so can't see if reset works. I should have brought my Charge 2 as a back up for this trip 😜

Best Answer

Hi, when I received my Fitbit Charger 3 it setup and paired happily, on Monday it lost its pairing and I have followed all the steps advised.  Held the button for 8 seconds whilst on charge and whilst no on charge. I've cleared all data and still it wont sync with my iPhone 6 or iPad.  I'm not sure quite what to do now. 

Best Answer

I may be about to royally jinx myself but I updated to IOS 12.0.1 Last night which apparently had a bug fix for bluetooth and I've not had a problem since. I did turn off all day sync as well just before the update came through so it might be that as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Funnily enough I spoke to Vodafone earlier and had a bug fixed pushed through to my phone for the Bluetooth issue but that hasn't solved the syncing issue.  The phone still can't find the fitbit charger 3 to sync with it. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Had the same problem with it after never having problem with Charge 2. Put it on charger, held button 8 seconds, and it finally synced, with no data lost as far as I could see. But this would be disappointing to have to do regularly! One couldn't sync during the day. Hope its not a recurring issue.

Best Answer

I just got my Charge 3 on Wednesday and mine quit syncing last night around 7pm... It was so odd. I did the same steps you did and restarted the app, removed/reinstalled the app, forgot the device, etc and nothing work. I just did the reset by putting it on the charger and it has synced now and i didn't lose my data ... Stinks that 2 days into having mine, I'm already having issues 😞

Best Answer

I sent to setting and cleared all. Was able to re pair right of way. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

IM having the same issue!!! Just got it in the mail opened it up and started setting it up! Now it won’t sync so I can set alarms! Help

Best Answer
0 Votes