Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I track badminton?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys, how do I track 'Badminton' as my activity on the Fitbit?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums!

Make sure on your shortcuts you have Workout Mode. Use this when doing an activity. Then set up a custom Exercise on your dashboard called Badminton. Once it sync you will be able to rename it.

You will find custom activity at the bottom of the Exercise tab on the computer Dashboard

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the forums!

Make sure on your shortcuts you have Workout Mode. Use this when doing an activity. Then set up a custom Exercise on your dashboard called Badminton. Once it sync you will be able to rename it.

You will find custom activity at the bottom of the Exercise tab on the computer Dashboard

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @iAsmodeus and @WendyB thanks for the input.

I was able to see here that our friend @WendyB provided some instructions in order to register "Badminton". Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as a solution. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now, if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same question here. When I play badminton with my Charge 3, the exercise was auto detected as Sports only. In the Fitbit app, the exercise shortcuts only provide Tennis but no option for Badminton. 

1) I would expect an exercise shortcut at the Fitbit app

2) Is there a way to name the exercise before we start it but not after a sync?

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit versa 2 special edition. It seems like the device doesn’t support badminton as an activity. However I see “Tennis” as an option to chose from list of activities supported.

Questions:

- Does Fitbit think badminton same as tennis as for as activity tracking is concerned? And suggest to use activity “Tennis” while playing badminton?

- Is badminton not supported activity by Fitbit?

Best Answer

This doesn’t work as badminton is not one of the activity supported by Fitbit. I expect an answer from Fitbit moderator.

Best Answer

@Murthy_Germany wrote:

I have a Fitbit versa 2 special edition. It seems like the device doesn’t support badminton as an activity. However I see “Tennis” as an option to chose from list of activities supported.

Questions:

- Does Fitbit think badminton same as tennis as for as activity tracking is concerned? And suggest to use activity “Tennis” while playing badminton?

- Is badminton not supported activity by Fitbit?

Tennis would work just fine.   But you can set up a custom activity  and rename the workout mode to that after it syncs if you want accuracy. Custom activity is at the bottom of the Activity tracker

It would be near impossible to list all the activities that are out there

Sorry not a Mod but they are short handed right now

Community Council Member

Best Answer

As the Fitbit is a tracker purely marketed towards fitness tracking it irritates me that there is not more activity presets. The Apple Watch (which is not just for fitness) has a badminton activity. For the hundreds of pounds we spend on a tracker surely we should get more. 

Best Answer

Hi, how can i add shortcut in my versa 3 

Best Answer

Hey @AravindanRamesh, it's great to see you here.

Regarding your inquiry, if you want to edit your shortcuts, you can do it by following the instructions provided in the help article: .

Let me know if you need anything else.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't work on Versa 3  .... apparently there is no excercise shortcut function. But on the device itself some excercises are listed but no badminton. Can this be updated?

Best Answer

Hello @Natalieb06 and welcome to the Community forum.  Those instructions on changing and reordering the shortcuts don't apply to the Versa3 because all the shortcuts are on the device itself.  When you tap on the Exercise app on your Versa 3, you will see all of the shortcuts in alphabetical order.  After you use a shortcut, you list changes to Recent, then everything else.  I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

For badminton, in Versa, I selected the activity as "Workout" and we then renamed it to "Badminton" after sync.

But, Is it possible to add "Badminton" to the preset exercise list, so we can select "Badminton" as the activity when we start an activity rather than choosing it as "Workout" and Renaming to "Badminton" after sync. Its an extra step and we might forget as well. 

Sorry I just bought Versa 2 now and trying all options available. Hence appreciate if you could answer on this.

Thanks 

Best Answer

Wish I had checked before I bought the inspire 3 last week. I would not have imagined Badminton not being on the Fitbit app.

Why would I have to keep logging it as a workout and editing everyday when I play? That is 5 times a week.

It's not a game played by a few. Millions play it. Not popular in US and Canada. Other than that, a lot *huge* number of people in rest of the world play badminton. I guess unlike me, they check does Fitbit have badminton, see it does not, and don't buy Fitbit. Seems reasonable enough.

Also, seems very easy to add. Badminton for 1 hour makes one move exactly double as one would after an hour of tennis (1 hour of tennis is approx 1.2 kms and one hour of badminton is approx 2.5 kms) and makes one burn exactly double the calories in the same 1 hour. So, tennis data doubled is exactly badminton as an activity.

Well, I'll give the Fitbit a run for a month, but I am going back to an apple watch it seems, quite clearly. I really liked Fitbit these last few days. Sadly, see no other option.

Best Answer
0 Votes