Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Charge 3 have a clip?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For those of us who can't wear a wristband, will the Charge 3 come with a clip-on option?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

Hi @janel - I took a quick look at accessories for the Charge 3 and I am not seeing a clip. That's not to say that this isn't planned for future release, just not seeing it now.

Best Answer

I don't see a clip option for the Charge 2 so I would not expect one for the Charge 3. That would defeat the purpose of the heart rate monitor.

Best Answer

For the record, there are pendant options for the Flex 2.

Best Answer

I have a Flex 2 and haven't worn it for many many months, because it doesn't track stairs. Besides, wearing a pendant while working out is not a very good concept.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

@janel Charge 3 does not come with a clip, but I definitely passed your feedback on to our team on the need for a clip accessory. Hopefully, we will see something in the future. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I don't see a clip option for the Charge 2 so I would not expect one for the Charge 3. That would defeat the purpose of the heart rate monitor.

You could clip it to your bra and have skin contact for HR sensing if the clip has an opening on the sensor's side.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerMay I Ask as to how you will clip it? Its a wrist tracker and does not come with a clip

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

My comment was that if there was a clip, that's hypothetically one way you could use it off your wrist and still get HR data

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please permit me to thoroughly endorse the concept of a clip for the Charge 3.  Yes, I recognize that a clip eliminates the effectiveness of the heart rate monitor but I have no desire to wear two watches and I am not going to stop wearing the watch my wife gave when she was very ill!

The only clip version that I've found with Fitbit is the Zip and it is highly limited in capabilities (it doesn't even track stairs which is important to me).   If I am going to drop back that many features from my current One, I would be forced to look at other brands.

Please provide clip options for your more sophisticated devices!!!!

Best Answer

My Fitbit one just bit the biscuit and I feel the same way. I don't want to have a tracker on my wrist. Will be shopping elsewhere.

Best Answer

Have you found something else?  My charge 3 dies recird 1/2 of what my One did.  I do 19 flights if stairs it tells me 2!  I guess you aren't supposed to use the banuster.  Same with the tread mill.  Useless device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found something else?  My charge 3 doesn't record 1/2 of what my One did.  I do 10 flights of stairs it tells me 2!  I guess you aren't supposed to use the hand rail.  Same with the tread mill.  Useless device.

Best Answer

I work in the food service industry and it is against food sanitation practices to wear any kind of jewelry. This includes any kind of watch. My sister works at a hospital and has the same issue. By not allowing your products to be comparable with clip-on options (offering a clip on pouch like what the One had) Fitbit is effectively and deliberately discriminating against customers that work in these fields. I either want the fitbit One back or clip-on options available for your watch style devices. 

Best Answer

Amazon has clips for the Alta line, but you won't get credited for floors climbed. If you don't care for that feature, then that's an option.  Haven't seen anything for the Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please please create a clip for the Fitbit 3. I work in a hospital so should be bare below the elbow.....

Best Answer

Google search for bra clips for Fitbit Charge 3 comes up with responses.  That's what I'm considering because my beloved One got left behind at a airport take-everything-off-screening-spot and I want to track stairs. 

Best Answer

Hi Kate, It is good to see the feed back being passed on.

I have a couple of questions. How does the choice of dominant hand impact the step count for a Charge-3? I am left handed. I put the FB on the left wrist as normal and cleaned my teeth. The bathroom was maybe ten steps away but I had registered 368 steps once I cleaned them. (Yes I have swapped the FB to my right wrist now).

I do IT and have a bit of desk time and a bit of walking around the office doing face-to-face with my staff. I do however get more steps than I expect. How do I know it is not counting me waving my arms around coiling up cables or connecting things?

On the flip side, If I get some form of belt clip is it likely that the Charge 3 is calibrated to require a more distinct jolt/longer swing (as you would get on a wrist) to count a step?

Apologies for hitting you with the technical questions and happy to be pointed to a different thread/forum.

Best Answer

Just get the fitbit inspire, they sell clips for it.  Hope you see this and it helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bagel_602  Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunately, the Inspire doesn't count flights of stairs, so I'm afraid it won't work for me.

Best Answer