Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I setup a Charge 4 with a Windows 10 PC?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can I pair my Charge 4 with two different Windows 10 PC's using the same Fitbit account?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
38 REPLIES 38

You can pair a Fitbit with 2 phones;  I expect it would be the same with 2 PCs.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can get it to sync on only one Windows 10 PC at a time.  When I try to since on both my home and office Windows 10 PC it will only sync on one.  I can get it to sync on the other if I re-pair it  This is frustrating.  I did not have this problem with the Charge 2 my new Charge 4 replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BadgerBacker_0-1592914563843.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BadgerBacker wrote:

BadgerBacker_0-1592914563843.png

Did you try turning off bluetooth on the other PC?  I know with phones, sometimes it does help to turn off bluetooth on devices other than the one trying to currently sync.  I probably should have mentioned that in my first post.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The two PC's are in completely different locations (home vs. work), so their Bluetooth signals would not conflict.  Bluetooth off on my phone.  It has to be either a Windows App issue or a FitBit pairing issue.  I never had this issue with my Charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which pc does not sync?

As for repair, since a user doesn't pair a tracker to the phone or computer, I'm not sure what this would be. A user sets up the tracker to their Fitbit account, so if both PC's are logged into the same account, it should work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now my Charge 4 will not sync with ANY Windows 10 PC unless I remove it and set it up all over again.  Many others are having the same issue.  See.  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-won-t-sync/m-p/4329312#M10897.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Capture.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you here, @BadgerBacker@JohnnyRow and @Rich_Laue, thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this setup issue and for the attachment provided. It's great to see here that this inquiry has been resolved and that your reply was marked as best answer. Our friends with the same inquiry, will find it really helpful.

If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to post it.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is funny @AlejandraFitbit !  You think the best answer is Charge 4 is not compatible with Windows 10 PC's when a lot of FitBit customers use it and from the community posts it is clear your customers are not happy about it.

Best Answer

Not to mention, that Fitbit clearly states, that it is compatible with Windows 10 and even with Microsoft phones. If it ain't true anymore, maybe updating the article would help to avoid the confusion, like Charge 4 excluded?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315 - Last updated: March 30, 2020

Best Answer

I bet it works.  If you look at the Windows 10 Fitbit App, the UI allows you to add it:

PureEvil_0-1593665356888.png

Also, @BadgerBacker the reason you'll encounter problems syncing from two different computers is because of the way that Fitbit trackers communicate.  They communicate using a bluetooth mode called promiscuous, which means that they'll communicate with any device that'll try to communicate with them.  If you have a Fitbit dongle, you can sync all nearby Fitbits (even if you don't have their login information).

If you disable "All Day Sync" on your tracker in the app, you'll have a better chance of it working.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Windows 10 app work for sync, but not for setup neither on laptops nor on mobile phones. You will not find that info mentioned anywhere, only on forums and I would say that is pretty important piece of information.

Best Answer

Hi @BadgerBacker and @SunsetRunner, it's good to see you here in the forums. @PureEvil, thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the compatibility between your Fitbit and Windows 10. Let me explain that the Fitbit app is compatible to Windows 10, however the Charge 4 was optimized to work with Android and Apple devices to ensure its connectivity and the performance of its features. You can find the requirements to set up your Charge 4 in this help article. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know that your feedback won't be taken for granted.

About your other inquiry, note that since this is a public forum, other members experiencing this situation could have found that post helpful enough to mark it as the best answer. I see your point of view, and as mentioned before, Fitbit takes every comment shared in the forums into consideration to work on our products and overall environment.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once I have found out, that Windows can not be used, my friend allowed me to use his phone Xiaomi Redmi 5 with Android 9, Charge 4 was setup within 2 minutes. Afterwards I was able to use Windows 10 app to setup PIN, use Wallet and sync. Sync takes some persuading on either laptop or Lumia 650, like 5-10 tries, but it somewhat works. Obviously I can never update firmware, unless I buy a compatible phone, but thus far I am satisfied. I walked 100 floors up and down at work just to see, what kind of badge I will get for it. 😅 https://www.fitbit.com/user/8LPQ27

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner. I hope you're doing well.

Thanks for letting me know that your friend allowed you to use his phone to connect your Charge 4 to your Fitbit account. You did a great job and I'm glad that you've been using it to track your data. I hope you can continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

By the way, in case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make friends, as well find great tips and encouragement from other members.

See you around! 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best answer, answered one problem.  My husband doesn't own a cell phone.  He is dependent on his Windows 10 PC laptop...and his Charge 2 works on that.  I could not get the Charge 4 to work with it.   I decided to try it with my  cell phone and it worked fine.  No problem with the set up.   ...after spending 3 days with the Charge 4 I had purchased for  myself.  That still doesn't work...with anything.  It's going back as I suspect it's defective.  By the way it behaves, I don't think it takes a charge.    My husbands Charge 4 is now mine.   His Charge 2 still functions and all he wanted it for was a watch and step counter anyway.   The face is cracked so will need to look for something, but as of right now...it won't be a Fitbit.  The QC and support for these products are quite disappointing.  

Best Answer

I am confused.  Fitbit tech support told me that Fitbit Charge 4 is not compatible with my Windows 10 laptop.  I was using my Fitbit Charge 3 with my Windows 10 computer until it recently stopped working which is why I now have a Charge 4. How do you get this to work?????

Best Answer