Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 shows Check Charger - Battery not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My week old charge 4 says 'Check Charger - Battery is not charging' on its display despite being 99% charged and on my wrist.

Contacted Fitbit support who just say to wait for an email updating my case. i have been waiting 3 weeks now for a reply from them. fitbitcheckcharger.jpg

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37
Interesting as I’m still having the problem. 10 minutes outside and I’m showing check charger. I’m beyond angry

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@queenofthespa Just guessing again, but sounds like your Charge 4 might have an internal intermittent short that acts up whenever the case warms up in outdoor temperatures. This is a device defect that would be covered under Fitbit's warranty. Since online support doesn't seem to be trained to respond to this type of (continuously recurring) problem, I'd just return the tracker for a refund (or an exchange if you'd like to try your luck again 😁)

Best Answer
Thank you for this. Fitbit does not respond-so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is the best explanation for the problem I have seen.

Sometimes a press of the side button clears it but sometimes, it needs to be plugged into a charger to clear which is not so convenient if you are outside in the middle of a hike.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this. I usually have to plug it into a charger when I get home.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I had a problem on Wednesday in the middle of a hike where my Charge 4 screen suddenly went blank & the app stopped counting steps & floors. Couldn't fix it until I was off the trail & able to plug it into the charger ☹️

Lucky I was already home from my hike on Thursday when I got the "Check charger" error, although this one did clear with a button press.

So far, so good on Friday & today.

Just curious - did you happen to notice if the app keeps counting steps when the "Check charger" error message is displayed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm right there with you!   (Except I bought mine March 2021)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive had my charge 4 for 9 months now and it showed me this message today. I checked the forums and gone through the suggestions by fitbit (absolutely useless).

If they ever get back to you,please post a reply...but i wont hold my breath judging by the people on this thread having the same issues.

Best Answer

Talked to a person on chat tonight because I’ve been having the same problem for the last month or so. I was told to clean the contacts (I wash my watch with regular soap and water weekly.). Then watch to see if it happens again. I tried to explain that neither cleanliness nor actual charging are the issue. When I was responding to her, she ended the chat. 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: I too would love an actual solution to this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 4 is 4 days. Already seen this message twice. This must be a bug that the Fitbit team should fix in next update. Soon.

Best Answer
It happens to me daily and they never get back to me. I’m very fed up

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

This has NOT been answered.  This error shows up about every second time I have to charge my Charge 4.  I have to fuss around with this bloody thing for ages before it will charge.  I have cleaned pins, cleaned the back of my Charge 4, etc, etc.  It doesn't get that dirty, after 2 weeks.  

I am completely disappointed in the Charge 4.  These devices are not cheap, and I have had nothing but problems with it.  Currently, my Charge 4 is sitting on my desk, battery completely empty, and I can't charge it.  I can guarantee, this will be my last Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just had this on mine now, only got 10% battery left and it won't charge. 

Fitbit are sending me a new one out without straps though. 

I tried doing the usual reset, clean and trying new charger and plug nothing worked. 

Hope you got sorted 👍

Best Answer

Thank you; this worked for me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact same issue. Fitbit Charge 4 is a few weeks old and it keeps telling me to check the charger. 

45582487-A5D7-418A-BC76-3157C5909371.jpeg

What was the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, wish I could help, but I am not aware of any solution to the
problem. At least Fitbit has not offered a solution. What I suggest is that
you return it and get your money back, that is the only way to fix this
issue!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit. They replaced.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is just a bug in the Fitbit, you can check the battery charge level on your Fitbit app and most of the time you will see that you are fine so you can ignore the bug message.  I've been seeing this for a couple of years but never had any problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes