Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 shows Check Charger - Battery not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My week old charge 4 says 'Check Charger - Battery is not charging' on its display despite being 99% charged and on my wrist.

Contacted Fitbit support who just say to wait for an email updating my case. i have been waiting 3 weeks now for a reply from them. fitbitcheckcharger.jpg

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The reply that the support team sent just said that they were updating my case number to a different number - not really addressing the problem. i was hoping that the support team would offer some support but guess I need to learn to exercise some patience. 4 weeks now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @jimmyc99. It's great to see you around. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for the detailed information and for the picture. I'd like to let you know that I was able to see your case and I noticed that our Support Team sent a reply to you yesterday and that you also replied to them.

Note that they are currently working on your case and I'd recommend keeping an eye on your inbox since they should reply back to you with more information regarding your last questions.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The reply that the support team sent just said that they were updating my case number to a different number - not really addressing the problem. i was hoping that the support team would offer some support but guess I need to learn to exercise some patience. 4 weeks now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jimmyc99 Thank you very much for your reply. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for the detailed information. At this time, I was able to see that you replied to your case and someone from our Support Team should get back to you with more information. Your patience is very appreciated. 

In the meantime, you can use MobileTrack to track your steps, distance and calories burned, but this feature doesn't track floors, sleep or active minutes. For more information, I recommend visiting the following link: How do I use Fitbit MobileTrack?

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue.

Best Answer

Did this ever get resolved @jimmyc99 ? Mine suddenly came up with this error today. I'm hoping there's a solution.

Best Answer

Unfortunately no solution yet.

Judging by the amount of time the Fitbit Support team are taking to respond with a fix, I assume it will be an extremely detailed and complete fix to the problem. I have not received a reply from the support team since raising the problem.(*)

* As a note to the pedantic forum support, I do not count an automated response telling me my case has an updated reference number as a reply to my issue.

In the meantime, I have vowed to buy Garmin next time.

Best Answer

I did some “Google Searches” around this issue and it appears to be a widespread issue.  I started having this message appear about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Agree, it must be a more serious problem that doesn’t have a quick fix. Please post an update once you hear back from their response team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Change the clock face and it resets it

Best Answer

And it never comes back again? Why wouldn’t they just say that as it is very quick fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't fix it permanently

The reason it happens needs to be looked into 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No... And no response from Fitbit yet
Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me daily if I’m outside longer than 10 minutes.  A Fitbit support person told me to reset to factory settings and then reinstall.  It worked until I went outside.  I’m very fed up.  It’s impossible to reach Fitbit support and if I’m lucky enough to they can’t help and act like they don’t care.  Think it’s time to change brands.

Best Answer

It is almost impossible to reach Fitbit support. I have been waiting for a reply from them since I first raised the issue. My Charge 4 worked for just over a week and I have been waiting for nearly 2 months now for them to get back to me with anything resembling a long term fix.

The fitness tracker marketplace is very crowded and Fitbit do themselves no favours with this level of non-existent support. It is a shame as when I bought my very first fitbit 5 years ago, their customer support was extremely good. I do not know why it has deteriorated so much so quickly.

Best Answer

It happens to me as well. I tried to resolve it on the chat line. They had me reset the watch but that did not do anything. I spoke to somone today and got no where. Not even someone is looking into it. When it happens I put my watch on the changer for a short time and then it is ok for a few days. It is really frustrating this is not being acknowledged by Fitbit

Best Answer

I think they are in denial!😣☹️😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Just received this from Fitbit email support. I would have hoped that after 2 months, it would have already been assigned to somebody but patience is a virtue. Fingers crossed for a solution 'shortly'

Thanks for getting back to us. 
We apologize for the response time as we are managing our email volume. 

We reassigned your high-priority case to our special team who is working on it and will be in touch with you shortly. 

We appreciate your patience during this process.

Best Answer

Unfortunately just too many issues and "appreciate your patience" messages. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been using my Charge 4 for 7 months & saw the "Check Charger Battery is not charging" error message for the first time yesterday. Pushing the side button reset the error, & the tracker seems to be working OK. Tracker SW version is 48.20001.1 00.43

I'm guessing that there must be a sensor inside the tracker that measures resistance & current at the charging contacts. It's somehow sensing that your skin resistance looks like a charger, but isn't measuring any current to the battery so it gives the error message. I cleaned my Charge 4's charging  contacts with a soft brush to make sure there was no debris that might be conductive. Hope this works 😀

Best Answer
My Charge 4 hasn't had the issue for a while now. It seems to have fixed
itself.
Best Answer
0 Votes