Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off Fitbit Charge 4 ?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi  How do i turn off fitbit charge 4 ?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If there is a shut off it will be found under settings, about. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

It's not possible to turn off the Charge 4. Is there a particular reason why you would want to?

Best Answer

If you were not going to be using it for a long period of time, turning it off would prevent the battery from overly draining and potentially not being able to charge back up again.  The Charge 3 had the capability, but it was somewhat tricky to do the sequence correctly.  Not sure if that capability was extended to the Charge 4.  I got mine and only used it for a day before sending it back.  What a disappointment.

Best Answer

If there is a shut off it will be found under settings, about. 

Best Answer

Yes Addabob. I’m very disappointed in the charge 4. I should look into sending it back also. Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hi Steve. I only want to use it to record my heart rate when I cycle and was hoping to turn it off when I’m not cycling. It’s not very week i get to cycle. But normally you can always turn a device off. Thanks 

Best Answer

Doesn’t seem to be a way to turn it off in settings. Thanks Rich. 

Best Answer

For the Charge 3, this video shows the power off procedure.  I did not try this on the C4 before sending it back, but many other things are very similar between the C3 & C4.  Maybe give it a go...  Good luck!

https://youtu.be/ijnofRhSzaI

Best Answer

Hello,

I recently brought a Fitbit Charge 4 which dose not work I spoke to Fitbit and they are arranging a collection/replacement however I have sent the email with info requested and no response.

How long do I have to wait for my replacement and how is the faulty one collected?? I am extremely frustrated about the whole situation.

Best Answer
When I returned my C4, Fitbit sent me an email with a prepaid return shipping label. Maybe check your junk mail folder as maybe it got redirected there? Not sure, it just seems that the C4 is having a lot of issues and they may be experiencing a greater volume of returns. Good luck!!
Best Answer
I am going into the hospital for awhile and don't want the battery to die, I was told it wouldn't charge up again. Can't believe it doesn't turn off.
Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this.  I also have a Charge 3 and 4 and this is handy to use so

the Charge 3 is ready to go when I want to swap them.  I am lucky and don’t have many issues with my 4 but I still favor my 3. Disappointed that it won’t work on the 4.  I hope that your new Charge 4 is working out better for you.

Best Answer

My boyfriend works as a train engineer and while he is sitting for 4-5 hours operating, the movement of the train is causing the Fitbit to record all sorts of steps that are not actually happening. This is causing inaccurate results. Even if he takes it off and puts it in his bag, it still happens. If he can’t turn it off, how do we avoid this? 

Best Answer

This I would like to know aswell.. drive tractors and I've done 15000 steps ... So bloody annoying to be honest

Best Answer

Its a joke

Best Answer

give it a chance ,how long have you had it ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Definitely crazy that you can't turn this thing off.  What the heck were they thinking?

Best Answer

As shocking as this may be to Fitbit, many users don't wear the device 24/7 or even daily. So, if you want a full charge (necessary for the GPS to work well) you have to know the day before you want to use it and charge it up. It's beyond annoying and a huge blind spot of the design.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to turn my Charge 4 off because I was just gifted a Charge 5 and now about every few seconds my phone keeps asking me to set up my Charge 4 device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  I just received my replacement as the old Charge 4 screen has gone dim and won't sync.  I've added my new Charge 4 to my  account but the old one is still running but doesn't sync. 

Best Answer