Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 different Fitbits sync to same data?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought a Charge 5 - still have a charge 2 that works fine. If switching between them, such as while charging the Charge 5, will my steps both sync and "count" in the app and online?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@DanaKay   I'm sorry, but other the other advice given to you is incorrect.  If a device has a Gallery, like your Charge 5, you can only have one device per account.  The Charge 2, an earlier model, doesn't have a Gallery.  You can keep your Charge 2 on your account and add the Charge 5.

My husband has a Blaze and a Sense on his account. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Not in the same account, There is 1 Fitbit per account. If you wish to use both you'll need to set up a different account for each.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful reply.  (Even if I wish there were a way to have the two sync in the app 😔 )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DanaKay  yes, it can be done, but it takes a bit of work to do it. Using the Charge 5, sync and remove it from your account. Set up the Charge 2 and use it. Then sync it, remove it from your account and set up the Charge 5. If you just swap them like that, your one account will accumulate all the activity for you. It's a workaround that should give you what you want.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanaKay   I'm sorry, but other the other advice given to you is incorrect.  If a device has a Gallery, like your Charge 5, you can only have one device per account.  The Charge 2, an earlier model, doesn't have a Gallery.  You can keep your Charge 2 on your account and add the Charge 5.

My husband has a Blaze and a Sense on his account. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@LZeeW Oh, wow - you are so right. - both Charges are listed in my account - and because I didn't start using the Charge 5 until I went to bed, the Charge 2 is still active, though not on my wrist. And it has the same number of steps showing on it as the Charge 5 on my wrist!  Interesting. (Maybe all those different colored bands I've been wearing on the Charge 2 will not completely go to waste 🤣 )

Thank you for adding this info.                                                              

Best Answer

Sorry, but the Charge 5 uses a different quick release system for the bands.  The bands aren't interchangeable.  You might find one thing a little confusing between the Charge 2 and 5.  The Charge 2 gives active minutes and the Charge 5 gives active zone minutes.  They awarded differently and aren't interchangeable.  You app will show the units for the device you are wearing.  Also, the Charge 5 doesn't count floors.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know - the band was the first thing I checked! Will check out the zone change. And I realized the Charge 5 doesn't count floors before I bought, but the Charge 2 is not accurate for floors - at least mine never has been. And my home office is upstairs so I am up and down all day and evening, so the inaccuracy was apparent early on - I wasn't using that data anyway. Thanks again for all your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes