Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Charge 5 and all InspireHR data was deleted from my account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was using an Inspire HR and an old Charge 2 was still connected, even though not in use. When I connected a new Charge 5, it deleted everything from the Inspire HR and won't let me reconnect it. Was all that previous data lost? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

From Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

JohnnyRow_0-1659467892304.png

Unfortunately, the newer devices, including Charge 5 and any of Inspire series, are not compatible with each other.  When adding any, it should say something like 'I see you have an Inspire 2. Do you want to replace that with the Charge 5?' 

The older Charge 2 still can coexist with with newer devices.

Your data from the Inspire 2 should still all be there, keyed by the email/fitbit ID, though I have recently seen a few posts of users saying they had lost their data.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

How exactly did you add the new Charge 5?  Did you create a new Fitbit account?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying. I logged into my Fitbit account and asked to add it. Since I had done that before with the Inspire and it kept the data, I assumed it would do the same thing this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account? 

JohnnyRow_0-1659467892304.png

Unfortunately, the newer devices, including Charge 5 and any of Inspire series, are not compatible with each other.  When adding any, it should say something like 'I see you have an Inspire 2. Do you want to replace that with the Charge 5?' 

The older Charge 2 still can coexist with with newer devices.

Your data from the Inspire 2 should still all be there, keyed by the email/fitbit ID, though I have recently seen a few posts of users saying they had lost their data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! I didn't realize there was that incompatibility. I appreciate your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes