Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery is flat in 24 hours Charge 5

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have read the post and replies to the Charge 5  battery not lasting. I have got 15% battery after 24 hours.

Always on display - off

Brightness - Normal

Vibration  - strong

GPS - Dynamic

No excersise 

Not constantly looking at it

Tried resetting it

I just turned o2 sensors off and charging now.

Not happy with the product.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I appreciate all the information you've shared about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your Charge 5 and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried, @Epain1

From what you mentioned earlier, it seems that you already tried the basic recommendations shared in the forums to improve battery life. In this case, if you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Thanks again for sharing all your feedback about the product. Please know that all your comments are greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi, I appreciate all the information you've shared about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your Charge 5 and the troubleshooting steps that you already tried, @Epain1

From what you mentioned earlier, it seems that you already tried the basic recommendations shared in the forums to improve battery life. In this case, if you continue to experience the same problem, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Thanks again for sharing all your feedback about the product. Please know that all your comments are greatly appreciated. 

Have a great day. 

Best Answer

I too have had the issue with the Charge 5 and followed all the recommended steps and yet i still have major battery issues.  For the second time last night, i went to sleep with around 35% charge left.   I woke up 7 hrs later to a completely discharged watch that was off.   Not cool.

I have followed up with Customer Support who ran me through the same steps that I have already done.  In fact, when then did their diagnosis, they indicated that my watch display was set to "Always On"  I can assure you it was not and double checked when I was on with the agent.  Indeed it was off and always has been.  The agent insisted that I go through all the steps, again, and call back in 2-4 days.  What a time waste this watch has become.  Awful customer support and Fitbit has done nothing to address this battery issue.  I think ill stick with Garmin as I have never had an issue with either their watches or customer support.  Fitbit has certainly dropped the ball with the Charge 5.    

Incidentally, I bought my partner a Versa 2 a year and a 1/2 ago and the watch face has actually fallen off.   6 Months out of warrenty!  Fitbits quality is something that's left a sour taste in my mouth......

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for your reply and for sharing your feedback about the product and the Customer Support team. 

In this case, since you already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps that could be found on the forums, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Support team. Please let them know of the steps that you already tried and were not successful, so they can provide with further instructions. For more immediate assistance, you can give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same for me! Very disappointed in the battery life. 

Best Answer

I received a replacement from Fitbit charged it to 100% updated followed the instructions on resetting done it anyhow and initially got 5 days. I was really pleased thinking the original device must have been faulty. 
I charged the device and got less than 24 hrs from the fully charged battery. My settings are 

GPS off 

display off 

no notifications ( I have an Apple watch for this) 

infact with these settings I have less features than my charge 4 , so contacted customer services again only to be transported back in time and ask to get on the Fitbit merry go round on resets …… have you done this .
I explained I had and that they can see from their side I had so why ask. 
Then I got the Fitbit rush …… please charge your device and get back to us if the problem continues ….

that’s why I’m contacting you now …… but we need time to analyse…..analyse what all my data is there for you to see. You have advised me that I have reset the device because you can see it at your side. 

the curt way the staff respond and try to shut you down is downright disgraceful, I was told tonight there is a firmware update coming to resolve the problems, I ask when and they can’t tell me although they obviously admitted there are problems 

sleep tracking was the other thing I raised as according to the Charge 5 I have slept14 hours in 7 days !,,,,

I have moved from one wrist to the other,  over up my wrist doesn’t make and difference , Fitbit customer service response …. I can see you got some sleep on the 28th of January. 

really disappointed in this product having had Fitbits for nearly8 years now , I have it connected to my gym and WW app but if it’s not accurate for sleep or indeed is dead and recording nothing what’s the point. 

shame on Fitbit management for encouraging a shut it down culture … this won’t go away until addressed properly. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@dperrin2 @GJT Thank you for all the information that you've shared about this inconvenience with your Charge 5 and for all your feedback.  

As you mentioned earlier, the team is aware of battery drain issue affecting some Charge 5 devices in which the built-in GPS chip may remain active after ending a GPS-enabled exercise and they've working on an update to fix the issue.

In the meantime, it is recommended to try a three pulse restart. In addition, please note the following:

• If you use GPS to track your exercise, use the Phone GPS setting on your tracker to preserve battery life. For more information, see How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device?
  • We’ll work to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

If you already tried all the steps shared in the forums, it would be necessary to continue the communication with the Customer Support team for further assistance. Not all battery short life problems are related to this specific issue with GPS, but some users do have this problem. 

Thanks again for all your feedback and comments provided. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best of luck. I ran into the same issue after running the EDA scan.

Update: After resetting I flicked between Phone and GPS a few times based on the information that there was a known issue with the gps chip not turning off. Since then I have had better battery performance even after trying again the EDA scan that was the start of my first battery drain. This said still not a great experience so I have set to the Premium trial service not to auto renew even though that itself is a reasonable service, hopefully that arrive line reaches out to ask why I did not take it up.

Best Answer

I just finished with Fitbit support, again, and received the same song and dance.   They mentioned the GPS issue and to wait for a fix even though I told them I have already been using the phone GPS specifically due to the awful, unpredictable battery issues with the Charge 5.   There is a disconnect with support with no real solutions being provided.  Not even a replacement device is offered.......   Your GPS fix for the watch, according to your update, isn't going to fix my battery issues as I use the Phone as my GPS now.  I still have battery drain issues a month into owning this device.

What a waste of time with this device and dealing with inept support. 

I've really tried to be patient but I think I'm done with Fitbit!

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: After resetting I flicked between Phone and GPS a few times based on the information that there was a known issue with the gps chip not turning off. Since then I have had better battery performance even after trying again the EDA scan that was the start of my first battery drain. This said still not a great experience so I have set to the Premium trial service not to auto renew even though that itself is a reasonable service, hopefully that arrive line reaches out to ask why I did not take it up.

if you have not yet bought the Charge 5 my advice regrettably is still not to until fitbit get their fix in place. 

Best Answer

Agreed.  I purchased the Charge 5 because of the promised 5 day battery life.  I didn’t realize that in order to get the 5 day battery life you can’t use any of the features. Even with that I’m not convinced the battery would last 5 days.  Very disappointed so far.  I’ll give it another week and then I may request a return. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@robert_bloor @SunsetRunner @LPA05 Thank you for sharing all these updates. I'm sorry to see that you continue to experience this problem with the battery life. 

The Support team may ask that you follow the same steps once more, as they always need to make sure that all troubleshooting options have been exhausted, but I do recommend that you continue the communication with them so they can let you know about the options that are available for you. 

Regarding the specific issue with the GPS chip I mentioned earlier, unfortunately it would not be possible to provide any specific time frame. We do know the team of developers has identified a this problem with some units, but we haven't received other updates. In the meantime, it's recommended to try the steps listed here earlier and to get in touch with Support in case they're not successful. 

I appreciate your comments and feedback about this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’ve got exactly the same problem with battery life draining rapidly over night. I’ve spoke to to the live chat went through all the steps had monitoring added to my account went back to live chat after the battery drained again. Was told they could see it drained and would forward it on to tech support who replied saying to turn of gps and await a firmware update. I have not been using the gps in the first place I use my watch for swimming indoors. My friend has a Charge 5 and doesn’t have this issue at all so I feel palmed off and left with a faulty device

Best Answer

Hey there!  I did the 3 pulse restart, dimmed the display and turned off notifications.  The battery has stayed full all day and night. I put it in the charger when I was in the shower just to give it a boost. Next step is to see if I can start using the features again without draining the battery. 

Best Answer

After all the instructions of how to fix and even when I contact Fitbit and constantly being told to do the same thing and wait 4 days. I am over it. I want a refund so I can purchase a different product. I don't want a replacement because looking at the number of people with issues with this product, I don't believe it is an isolated problem. Fitbit wants us to wait for them to come up with a solution. I have no confidence in this product.

Best Answer

@Rossco1 @LAP05 @Epain1 Thank you for all your feedback and for sharing your experience with this.

As you mentioned earlier, it seems that a firmware update will be introduced to address this battery draining problem (users have this issue with the GPS chip), but we don't any other updates for the moment. For any inquiries regarding a refund or return process, please stay in touch with out Customer Support team so they can provide you with more information about these options. You can find the complete warranty policy here

Thanks again for all your comments. 

Best Answer

I am being told about a “firmware update” now 4 months later for the same battery issue. I know this is not a firmware issue, as it has progressed over time to the point that my Charge 5 won’t last more than 4 hours. Did you ever get any resolution on this?

Best Answer

I had to quit using my Charge 5 and go
Back to My old Fitbit as it would not sync and the battery went dead so fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your replies, and welcome to the Community forums, @Guy13_ @dperrin2

As you mentioned earlier, the team is working to release a firmware update soon to resolve the problem with battery draining too fast on Charge 5 due to the GPS chip. 

However, not all battery draining problems are related to this specific issue. If you already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Customer Support team so they can let you know what are the options available for you. 

Please know that all your feedback and comments are greatly appreciate and the team continues to work to improve the Fitbit experience.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 battery died overnight during my sleep. It was fully charged at 10:00PM and I only had 3% charge at 6:00AM. The only activity I did was sleep. This battery life problem started a few days ago. Is it a battery issue? How do I fix the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes