Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 battery draining quickly

Another member of the Battery Suddenly Started Draining community. After many consulataions with online chat, and having gone through everything, I was told the watch is out of warranty, so that's it!  Thing is, this Charge 5 is a lot less than a year old, as it was a replacement for the last one, which had a faulty sensor. I expected a better shelf life out of it considering the price. Going back to my old Charge 3 which is still working. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Good thing you still have an old charge. I had one that I just threw away 2 weeks ago before I started having problems with my charge 5. 

You won’t get answers here about your battery issues since Fitbit won’t acknowledge their firmware update caused these problems.

Best Answer

I think today was my tipping point for Fitbit. My Charge 5 (completely updated) showed 44% battery. I’m doing a cancer walking challenge so am responsible to me donors to provide updates. At some point during my 8km walk my battery died, thankfully I had my phone for backup. If this device can’t track 90 minutes of walking on essentially half a battery charge it doesn’t deserve my hard earned money in this day and age. Looking at Garmin devices as they seem to be more reliable.

Best Answer

I'd just about given up on my Charge 5 due to it suddenly draining the battery in less than 12 hours, and getting no help from customer services. In a fit of rage, I disconnected it from the app. I decided to recharge it after a few days ... and lo and behold, it's used only 4% in over 16 hours! Now, call me cynical, but...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer