Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't charge my Charge 5, except with power bank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot charge my Charge 5 with anything other than a power bank. I have tried my computer and several type of USB charging blocks. Most of my USB Charge plugs are fast charging. I am not sure if this is the problem.

Any one experience this? What type of USB charge plug should I be using? I cannot find any info or suggestions about it.

Very strange.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums, @Sitruck9

Thank you for sharing your inquiry about the Charge 5 and the problem you've been experiencing to charge it. 

It's recommended to use a UL-certified wall charger to recharge your device. If possible, could you please try with a non fast charging cable as well? 

If you haven't done so already, make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article, as they have been useful for other users. If the device is charging, but the screen is completely black, make sure that you've also completed the restart procedure described here

Hope this helps, I'll be around. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

Thank you Davide. I tried all this still not working. BTW this is brand new out of the box. only a week old. I did find that if I wiggle the USB side it will sometimes charge if I hold it. I did find a plug for an old chromecast that actually charges it. So I bought 2 more from EBay.

Thanks for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sitruck9 Thank you for sharing that you already tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested earlier.   

In this case, since you continue to experience the same problem to recharge the device, I recommend that you get in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. They will let you know how to proceed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Have a great day. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer