Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this device make an alarm sound when going out of heart rate zone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm looking for a wrist based heart rate monitor that has the ability to:

1) set up custom heart rate zones

2) continuously beep when you are out of that zone.

I gather you can set up zones, but can the device itself beep? Or must you pair it with your phone? And if so, can you set a sound with the phone app that will _continuously_ make a noise?

If not, do you have any other device that does beep?

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @Indigo121 and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but no Fitbit model does what you are looking for.  Fitbits can give vibration feedback when you change its Active Zone Minute zones.  But a custom heart rate zone disables those vibrations.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

What you asking can't be done with Fitbit. You can set custom zone not zones and once you do it all zones notifications stop working (by design, it's not a bug).

Best Answer

OK, thanks. What about having this functionality with default zones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Indigo121 with default zones it will vibrate when you change the zone but won't if you go from zone 1 to "below zones". It will do only short vibration and once (won't repeat it).

Best Answer

And it's the same for the fancier products, like Sense and Versa? I think I saw some place that the Sense has a sound function, but I might be wrong.

Best Answer

Sense does have speaker but it's not used for notifications.

Best Answer

@Indigo121   You ask about the Sense and Versa 3.  Third party developers can make apps for the Sense and Versa 3, but not for the Charge 5.  I looked in Fitbit's App Gallery to see if there is a third party app.  I couldn't find an app that would respond to custom heart rate zones.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks, I'm looking at google play store right now too, but it's hard to say if such an app exists.

Funny thing is that my simple old Polar watch has a custom zone setup and even beeps, but I wanted to switch to a wrist monitor instead of a chest monitor. I wonder if the Polar watch would track the data from the Fitbit Charge... After all, they are all Bluetooth and I doubt there is any unique identifier, they just show the data they receive. This watch works with a different Polar chest strap which is not its original pairing, so I wonder if a cross-product pairing would work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Indigo121 that's another feature you won't find on Fitbit platform - there is no HR broadcasting feature on any Fitbit device. If Polar does what you want why don't you go for model that has wrist HR?

Best Answer

Because their various wrist devices are all much more expensive, and cheaper polar devices like the ones I have owned have all malfunctioned, broke or fallen apart, after a few dozen hours of use. Also Fitbit's HR seems to be relatively accurate, according to the internets.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So maybe an option for you would be getting PolarOH1 sensor. I know you mentioned a chest strap but this one is an armband and maybe it would be more convenient to wear. When it comes to HR (at least for training, not sure what is your purpose for using zone notifications) I would go anyway with chest strap (I never use wrist HR when accuracy counts). I have Sense and I find HR readings extremely inaccurate during activities (especially during cycling). Anyway, you won't find features you're after on Fitbit platform.

Best Answer

@t.parker thanks, that's good advice. I kind of skimmed over the option of an arm sensor. Apparently they are just as accurate as chest bands, and since I just need a pairing to another device I think it's exactly what I need. 

Best Answer
0 Votes