Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Android phoneapp no longer displays stairs climbed and the device underestimates pulse rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't find any way to turn on the display of stairs climbed on my Charge 5 Android app. I can see them on my web-based data. I am a rock climber, an exercise that is not an option to track, and I use calories burned and stairs climbed to estimate the outcome of a day's worth of climbing. Stairs climbed as an altimetric measure is actually ideal for this activity as the goal is to go upward.

Also, since changing from the Charge 4 to Charge 5, my pulse rate is being underestimated. I can confirm it using a blood pressure cuff and manually and the Charge 4 matched both. The Charge 5 is consistently several beats per minute low.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The charge 5 never tracked stairs. Older devices did, but I think most/all recent devices do not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's unfortunate. It's also unfortunate that I didn't know and had no way to know that upgrading from the Charge 4 to the 5 would cost me that information. I'll find out soon how well it tracks other aspects of sport climbing and might need to switch back to my 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 5 doesn't list stairs as an activity it tracks, where the Charge 4 does.  However, most people would reasonably assume that moving to a new version of the same device would keep all the same features, plus add more.  They seem to have dropped stair tracking from all models (I think?)  I assume there must be some sort of atmospheric pressure sensor to track this sort of thing that was dropped in order to reduce manufacturing costs.

Best Answer
0 Votes