Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Doesn't receive notification on iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just bought charge 5 after my fitbit sense died... I really wanted to like charge 5 but was disappointed to find out its notification doesn't work stably at all just like old fitbit trackers plagued by notification issues. In the initial pairing the push notification is fine but after some time it randomly stopped receiving notifications. The only way to get the notification working again is to either reboot the fitbit or re-pair the bluetooth. Because of this I have missed multiple important notifications in the past several days because I cannot really predict when the notification will stop working again. I don't always take the phone with me, but the phone is still well within the bluetooth range and no focus/dnd mode is turned on, and no other bluetooth device is connected to my iphone. I am using iphone 12 pro with latest 15.6.1 OS. I saw some crash log from fitbit app in the diagnostics but the timestamp doesn't really match the time when notification stopped working (which can happen multiple times a day). 

Can anyone help me with this? I have tried anything I can to solve this issue including factory resetting the device, reinstall the fitbit app, re-pair the device to the app, etc. Is this a known fitbit issue to other users/devs? My friend who uses Android told me he doesn't really have this issue with his charge 5. If it continues to drop notifications I have no choice but to return it within the grace period and switch to other brands.. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Again dropped notification for no reason today. I decided to move away from fitbit products

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I came here with the same issue only I been dealing with this since February! Thre have been no consistent fixes from Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks for the feedback. I was genuinely surprised when I searched the past 6 months of complaints and found that very few people mentioned this problem. From my personal experience the Fitbit notification has never stably worked. Even the sense I used before will randomly start dropping notification at least once a week and I have to reboot it, and inspire HR is more of a disaster. I tried to do all the full reset/reboot steps again and will wait and see for another day or two. If it drops message again I will switch to Apple which never drops a message and now they even have top-tier sleep study accuracy

Best Answer

Again dropped notification for no reason today. I decided to move away from fitbit products

Best Answer

We shouldn’t have to reboot the watch every time this happens. Such a bad flaw and seems to happen with other trackers as well. Needs to be addressed by Fitbit and fixed! 

Best Answer