Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.61

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

7/13 Update: We’re continuing to roll out this firmware for the Charge 5 Firmware Update 194.61, and expect more customers are able to update their devices. This is a progressive rollout and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We release updates in phases so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, don't worry - you'll have it soon!

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update version 194.61 for Charge 5 will be available soon! Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here. For more details, please 
see this Community Blog post.

HOW DO I UPDATE?
See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step by step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, review these Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,167 REPLIES 1,167

Charge 5 Firmware update has broken the device; Charge 5 stuck on Fitbit logo; coz of a firmware update
tried all the solution steps and no use; tried to reach out to the support they confirmed its affecting coz of their firmware update and instead of addressing the issue they say that get a new device. 

Customer Support didn't address the issue nor the right solution and it looks like they don't even know the root cause.

i hope they understand, FITBIT FIRMWARE HAS BROKEN THE DEVICE.

without addressing this issue support is side tracking it with a resolution to buy a new device. can FITBIT guarantee that the new device will not break with the same firmware update? If that is the case, how come the firmware is device specific?

Best Answer

BEWARE!!!!  The new firmware ruined my battery and now my Fitbit 5 has no screen display.  I wish I could say don't download the firmware but the firmware was downloaded without my knowledge when I was plugging it in.  Fitbit do you not see how many customers are leaving you.  How can you be so blind.  Do something now!

Best Answer

Does fitbit continue to push this update or not?Incredible lack of comunications and Transparencies 

Best Answer

Same in Australia. Consumers rights are protected by law and consumers are entitled to a replacement or refund if a product is not fit for purpose or does not last as long as could be reasonably expected, even if it is out of warranty. And being bricked by their own firmware update within 2 years is not a reasonable product life for an expensive tracker, and is definitely not fit for purpose if it is broken by its own software update!

Best Answer

The thing that bothers me the most is the almost complete lack of a response from Fitbit acknowledging there is a problem. 

Best Answer

Has this update fixed the battery problem? When can everyone expect to get the update?

thank you 

Best Answer

I find this response a little suspect since all of us started having problems around the same time and at the same time that the firmware was rolled out.  

Best Answer

This is not escaping the notice of the tech press. Google it (I say with irony). Many articles online now about this in influential media and tech blogs and emphasising the non-response from Fitbit to those customers affected. The PR fail they are displaying by making customers buy a new device thanks to their own faulty firmware is going to backfire big time.

Best Answer

UPDATE - I called the support line and they are sending me a replacement for my Charge 5.  I had the option of 50% off a different model or a replacement.  I am trying the replacement on the assumption that they wouldn't dare send a device that wasn't working.

Now I see others have received replacements that did not work.  We will see how this works out.  

Best Answer

Supposedly, I’m getting a new one sent to me as a ONE-TIME replacement. I don’t think this will fix the issue either.

I’m leery about taking the new one because I’m not sure if it will waive any options I’d have if I have issues in the future.

Best Answer

Chiguy50, Was your device still under warranty? I've reached out to customer service through emails and calls, but all they offered me was a meager 35% discount due to my device being out of warranty. Despite respectfully requesting a replacement, they declined to provide one.

Best Answer
I had exactly that and went for a replacement which worked fine, on the old firmware)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

they did the same to me. instead of addressing the issue they are saying to buy a new one. NO guarantee the new device will work fine and not have same issue. in this case, warranty shouldn't matter coz the device is broken by FITBIT firmware update; we cant continue to buy new devices when ever a firmware update keeps breaking the device.

Best Answer
:united_kingdom: Wish we had that protection from our government
Best Answer

I bought it in October 2022 (still in warranty).

They originally told me 35% off a new one because I bought it from Amazon (under Fitbit distribution, mind you).

A week later I got another email saying they’d replace it. 

If you’re confused, by all of this, imagine how I feel! They did send me a FedEx return label for my broken Charge 5. I truly can’t imagine how a new one is going to sync and work any better. I predict it’ll just brick as well.

Best Answer

I did the update as I was notified to do so on the app. Since the app my battery drains completely within hours. I too experienced the blank screen prior to the update. I thought it needs charging so I did. The app said I was at 50%. I them saw the update and did it. Once done the screen came on, but the battery was drained in hours. After charging it again the battery was drained again in hours.  What are you doing to fix this update? Everything was okay before loading it 

----------

Same issue. Fitbit Charge 5 I bought in December is now a piece of garbage. 

Best Answer

I had the same offer, a replacement Charge 5 or 50% off an alternative fitbit. I went for the replacement, all now set-up and working as expected. No issues and it is running Version 20001 - 188.58. Original Charge 5 bought in October-21, so beyond the one year warranty.  

Best Answer

Mine was bought as an XMas gift, Nov of 2021. Was not used until Jan 1st 2022. All I got was an offer of 35% off a device. How does that seem fair?

Best Answer

@Sharon84 good luck!

Best Answer

I didn't have a problem until I downloaded version 194.61. As soon as it loaded that same day my battery drained in less than 6 hours, since then it continues to drain just as fast

Best Answer